Hi-Fi furniture

Looking for an audio stand / cabinet. suggestions. I've checked out the Pangea Vulcan and the Monoblock from Monoprice. Both are fine but neither look very good imo. I'm not super handy and don't want to deal with the hardware store during a pandemic so building my own is probably out.

Any audio furniture options that you all know of that provide good ventilation, don't look terrible, and will hold an amp that's fairly large???

What dimensions are the amp? And so you have any other components other than the amp and the tt?

Looking for an audio stand / cabinet. suggestions. I've checked out the Pangea Vulcan and the Monoblock from Monoprice. Both are fine but neither look very good imo. I'm not super handy and don't want to deal with the hardware store during a pandemic so building my own is probably out.

Any audio furniture options that you all know of that provide good ventilation, don't look terrible, and will hold an amp that's fairly large???

Would the extra height version of the line phono be of any use and the right style for you. Gives a 7” high enclosure for the amp which should be enough even for a biggish amp and some headroom. Seem to be on sale right now too.

What dimensions are the amp? And so you have any other components other than the amp and the tt?

Would the extra height version of the line phono be of any use and the right style for you. Gives a 7” high enclosure for the amp which should be enough even for a biggish amp and some headroom. Seem to be on sale right now too.

That's not bad I would need one of the larger shelves for the Pharoah and the Insight on the shelf below the turntable

That's not bad I would need the one of the larger shelves for the Pharoah and the Insight on the shelf below the turntable

Pity the pharaoh wouldn’t fit in the 7” shelf and you could sit the table on top of the insight on the top shelf. Would give a nice couple of shelves space for future vinyl purchases 😂

Pity the pharaoh wouldn’t fit in the 7” shelf and you could sit the table on top of the insight on the top shelf. Would give a nice couple of shelves space for future vinyl purchases 😂

lol. I already find it too easy to justify those purchases. I think the Pharoah would just fit on that shelf but I'd prefer not to set my TT on the Insight.

lol. I already find it too easy to justify those purchases. I think the Pharoah would just fit on that shelf but I'd prefer not to set my TT on the Insight.

That’s fair enough too! And yeah don’t we all, one day I’ll slow down, just not anytime soon!

I have a Line Phono shelf if you have any questions about it. It’s alright...I have to have my TT on top of my amp on the top shelf because I was an idiot and didn’t measure the height of my amp for some reason. The big issue for me is I can’t put any records into the cabinet or take any out while a record is playing because while it is sturdy, it still causes the record to skip. I have an older model though so the extra height one didn’t exist at the time.

I have a Line Phono shelf if you have any questions about it. It’s alright...I have to have my TT on top of my amp on the top shelf because I was an idiot and didn’t measure the height of my amp for some reason. The big issue for me is I can’t put any records into the cabinet or take any out while a record is playing because while it is sturdy, it still causes the record to skip. I have an older model though so the extra height one didn’t exist at the time.
This makes sense. I had the Line Phono speaker stands. While they look terrific, they aren't super-rigid, and the tt stand uses the same materials and locking design.

Anyone using a old vintage stereo console to display more modern gear, hold records, etc. ? I been watching bulk trash night for something curbside, no luck yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone using a old stereo console to display more modern gear, hold records, etc. ? I been watching bulk trash night for something curbside, no luck yet.
Refinishing mid-century furniture has become a booming business in DFW, and I would suspect it is in other cities. These people generally are selling most items for a tidy profit within minutes of posting on Instagram. We've snagged a couple pieces and we certainly have our favorites to shop from. So why do I bring all this up? Well here there is a guy that's doing this specifically for vintage stereo consoles and modern gear.

Great option if you have something similar in your area. Great idea if you're in a major city and can source pieces. But given the massive uptick in these types of businesses, I think you'll have a hard time stumbling on to good pieces. I know there are at least a dozen of these girls in DFW driving hours away to source pieces to keep their inventory flowing. I know Austin is the same. Finding quality pieces without some inside info might be tricky. I'd watch estate sales and be ready to show up at opening to find a solid piece.

Anyone using a old vintage stereo console to display more modern gear, hold records, etc. ? I been watching bulk trash night for something curbside, no luck yet.
estatesales.net for local pop-ups, and try Craigslist in rural areas if you can drive an hour or two- they tend to get good old stuff that's less pilfered or pricey. I use an old dining room credenza for now so I can close doors over my stuff (scratchy cat), it works well for my current space.

if you are crafty or know a refinisher, you can get one with less desirable handles or features and refinish it for cheaper than getting one in good shape off the bat. a trick in general for mcm hunting when I'm online, is to purposely misspell words or use slightly off terminology to scoop scores. like "teek cupboard" rather than "mcm teak credenza," or "old record player wooden" instead of "vintage console." there are companies doing it too, if you just want a sexy Danish piece outfitted and ready to go for a little more $.

Yelp! The wife does NOT 👎 like the VTI audio rack I picked up this week and now wants me to sell it and buy a new one. 🙄 She would like solid wood stand preferably in a walnut or a dark colored wood finish to match or blend in with the furniture. Sticky Pudding! Any suggestions? 🤔

Yelp! The wife does NOT 👎 like the VTI audio rack I picked up this week and now wants me to sell it and buy a new one. 🙄 She would like solid wood stand preferably in a walnut or a dark colored wood finish to match or blend in with the furniture. Sticky Pudding! Any suggestions? 🤔

How long have youse been married?

I've been thinking about stuff like this guy's rack/ storage combo with some sort of isolation feet or platform affair. Just not sure how practical the pull outs would be but a cool idea for sure

Oof, always gotta consider the SAF before pulling the trigger. Rookie mistake!

Check out these guys. Customisable cabinets. Not super cheap but you can pretty much design whatever you want. It's where I got mine.

Home | Mobican

Back