Hi-Fi furniture

I've been thinking about stuff like this guy's rack/ storage combo with some sort of isolation feet or platform affair. Just not sure how practical the pull outs would be but a cool idea for sure

I was maybe considering this piece in a brown finish but shipping from Latvia 🇱🇻 I don't know what in the world could go wrong. 🤔
Audiophile audio rack / Record player stand / Turntable stand | Etsy

True but like Ikea their furniture don't offer much in terms of practicality I find.

I have a rack from these guys and it’s awesome and, I think, a looker. I don’t know if it will end up miles out of your range by the time you add shipping and conversion to crazy money but it’d give you an LP shelf at the bottom and 2 shelves for amp and potential future phono with table on top.

Well no, they definitely aren't "racks", but I thought that was your issue? Wife no like practical audio rack, no?
No she doesn't like black audio racks because black is too imposing and doesn't go well with the rest of the decor which is more rustic in nature. So that is why I'm looking for a rack/stand with solid wood shelves (i.e. dark walnut).

I have a rack from these guys and it’s awesome and, I think, a looker. I don’t know if it will end up miles out of your range by the time you add shipping and conversion to crazy money but it’d give you an LP shelf at the bottom and 2 shelves for amp and potential future phono with table on top.

Yeah that would probably fly with the lady 👩

Question is can I get them on this side of the pond?

True but like Ikea their furniture don't offer much in terms of practicality I find.

Might be worth to take a trip to La Détente in Gatineau. I haven't been in a long time but they had several custom furniture options. I ordered my living room TV unit there when we first moved to the region 8-9 years ago. I unfortunately can't remember the brand of the unit off the top of my head - but I could take a picture for you. I'd have to dig around for the receipt, which I'm sure I still have filed. It's basically a long low cabinet (like 12 feet long) with glass doors and drawers, but that's the choices we made for use as a TV stand (and to hold our booze, the various cable/DVD players and drawers for the blu-rays). At the very least a call wouldn't hurt to see what they carry.

No she doesn't like black audio racks because black is too imposing and doesn't go well with the rest of the decor which is more rustic in nature. So that is why I'm looking for a rack/stand with solid wood shelves (i.e. dark walnut).
Solidsteel or Salamander? I've always liked the looks of their stuff.

Could you retrofit wood to the front of the one that she doesn't like?

Solidsteel or Salamander? I've always liked the looks of their stuff.
Funny you would mention Solidsteel, I just got a price estimate for the S3-4 4 shelf audio rack in a walnut finish. They are not cheap by any means but they are nice looking not to mention practical and they appear to be structurely solid (no pun intended) plus they are 100% made in Italy 🇮🇹
Pin on Audiophile

Alternatively I could get a Salamder Archetype system audio stand which would be considerably less. It also comes in walnut and is available for purchase here locally. 🤔

Last edited:
Funny you would mention Solidsteel, I just got a price estimate for the S3-4 4 shelf audio rack in a walnut finish. They are not cheap by any means but they are nice looking not to mention practical and they appear to be structurely solid (no pun intended) plus they are 100% made in Italy 🇮🇹
Pin on Audiophile

Alternatively I could get a Salamder Archetype system audio stand which would be considerably less. It also comes in walnut and is available for purchase here locally. 🤔
I've seen both in person, and in my opinion the Solidsteel is more robust and just better finished. It does still seem expensive for what it is, but honestly I still think they have the best fit and finish for their price point.

Oh, I should also add Monoprice actually. I haven't seen them in person, but very affordable, lots of configurations, and they look sharp in pictures. But I have read the QC isn't as good, so summertime some people have had to return/exchange. But given the price... seem like a great option.

Oh, I should also add Monoprice actually. I haven't seen them in person, but very affordable, lots of configurations, and they look sharp in pictures. But I have read the QC isn't as good, so summertime some people have had to return/exchange. But given the price... seem like a great option.
I think at this point it's between Solidsteel and Salamander Designs.

Those are available on Amazon.ca for about $245 but I think they would be a step down from Salamander Designs 🤷‍♂️ which I'm leaning towards only because of the price point.

I have not, but that's pretty sleek looking! Their contact points look interesting. I can't tell if that's a sorbothane or some other martial. Anyway around it, it's unique for sure and looks sharp.
It's a French/Danish 🇫🇷 🇩🇰 manufacturer of TV and Hi-FI furniture and they have all sorts of different designs. This model here retails for $1450 + tax but I could get it through my contact (dealer) for $1050 + tax 🤔

Last edited:
Back