Grado Cartridges and Stylus - Questions and Advice.

Don’t you complain @Ethos99 you have a removable headshell, you just need to put the screw through it upside down! 😂😂😂

I had to perform surgery using a pair of pliers and my appalling eyesight! And then the nut I had was too big to fit in the gap between the screw and the cartridge so I went lazy and mounted the screws upside down, ugly, but effective 😂😂😂

it was very difficult even in better light and upside down. The nuts were 5 sided and not round, (looking at you Rich) which made it much harder.

I tried to go upside down but the headshell slot was too small for the nuts.

And i would have hated that anyway.

This is me right now...

View attachment 34583

Sorry, not sorry 😂
giphy.gif

if you want to fly over and fix it for me you’re welcome, it’s beyond the capabilities of my fat fingers and bad eyesight! I had wanted to use the soundsmith ez mount but the nut is too wide and there is no way I can thread this one from below, it’s beyond my capabilities!

I would gladly go back to Ireland. We spent our honeymoon there in 2006.

Ireland Day 5 115.jpg

Right after they banned smoking in bars.

man now my brain is in upgrade mode again because buying a new cartidge and the 8Mz stylus is expensive and i wanted under 300 dollars and its difficult to upgrade to a new cartridge especially with my fixed headshell and goddammit cant i use an easy one like an ortofon or something i just want bass, good mids, and i want a lot of noises in my ears

man now my brain is in upgrade mode again because buying a new cartidge and the 8Mz stylus is expensive and i wanted under 300 dollars and its difficult to upgrade to a new cartridge especially with my fixed headshell and goddammit cant i use an easy one like an ortofon or something i just want bass, good mids, and i want a lot of noises in my ears

If the new cartridge is an upgrade as and of itself why not go for that this year and take that boost. Then next year you can get the 8mz and step up to the next level again. I always find that I apprieciate incremental gains rather than jumping to the end because I can tell what difference upgrade has done.

Don’t you complain @Ethos99 you have a removable headshell, you just need to put the screw through it upside down! 😂😂😂

I had to perform surgery using a pair of pliers and my appalling eyesight! And then the nut I had was too big to fit in the gap between the screw and the cartridge so I went lazy and mounted the screws upside down, ugly, but effective 😂😂😂
Imagine doing it with new arthritis and no way to reset azimuth.

If the new cartridge is an upgrade as and of itself why not go for that this year and take that boost. Then next year you can get the 8mz and step up to the next level again. I always find that I apprieciate incremental gains rather than jumping to the end because I can tell what difference upgrade has done.
thank you.. again.. i overreact because i'm what the gaming industry would call a whale...

now my only question is should i go red or gold.. i dunno what would be useful for a 300 dollar turntable like the Uturn

Last edited:
Back