Grado Cartridges and Stylus - Questions and Advice.

i bought my uturn about a year or so ago.... so i dunno if i have a 3 or a 2
Uturn's website claims they're still using the 1. Dunno why or where they get them.
I think they said they didn't like the 2. Again, I don't know. My gold, uh, something sounds fantastic.

The 1 was nice.
The 2 was much better.
The 3 is absolutely stunning.
guess my update will be to a new prestige3 cartridge (same tracking force and everything so that wont be a HARD upgrade.. dunno if i stay with black or go higher). and the 8MZ stylus

Uturn's website claims they're still using the 1. Dunno why or where they get them.
I think they said they didn't like the 2. Again, I don't know. My gold, uh, something sounds fantastic.
I feel like I remember seeing something on this, but it was more that they had already bought a bunch of 1s and needed to get rid of that stock before buying 2s.

I feel like I remember seeing something on this, but it was more that they had already bought a bunch of 1s and needed to get rid of that stock before buying 2s.
Ya this came up when the v2s came out and "somebody" 🤫, insinuated they were sitting on stock and that's why they hadn't changed to the v2......they denied that. Now I'm reading (a few posts up) that its because they didn't like the 2, so who knows the actual truth 😋

Ya this came up when the v2s came out and "somebody" 🤫, insinuated they were sitting on stock and that's why they hadn't changed to the v2......they denied that. Now I'm reading (a few posts up) that its because they didn't like the 2, so who knows the actual truth 😋
I definitely feel like this was a conversation at the old place.

It's there actually any notable upgrade in cartridge (not stylus because that will be swapped) from the black 1 to a black 2 or an even more expensive one in the range like a red or gold

Their official response to me was they had had some issues with the 2 in testing and didn’t want to switch at the time. That being said, what issues they had, I’m not sure because the 2 was awesome.

It's there actually any notable upgrade in cartridge (not stylus because that will be swapped) from the black 1 to a black 2 or an even more expensive one in the range like a red or gold
Carts are different at the different levels. The upgrades between 1, 2 and 3 are all cart centric at the black level, at least. The difference between the blue and whatever the other one at that level is that the cart tests at the highest performance. I’m sure @HiFi Guy can explain better.

Last edited:
Carts are different at the different levels. The upgrades between 1, 2 and 3 are all cart centric at the black level, at least. The difference between the blue and whatever the other one at that level is that the cart rests at the highest performance. I’m sure @HiFi Guy can explain better.

The cartridge bodies improved each time the series changed.

The Green is the best of the Black production.
The Red is the best of the Blue production.
The Gold is the best of the Silver production.

The cartridge bodies improved each time the series changed.

The Green is the best of the Black production.
The Red is the best of the Blue production.
The Gold is the best of the Silver production.
the question is if beyond the stylus is there any differences between a black and a blue or a silver

Back