Grado Cartridges and Stylus - Questions and Advice.

This is just practice. @AnthonyI and I spent $12k of someone else’s money a while back. I think it took less than an hour.

You’ll love the Gold3. Congrats!
It's fun shopping with other peoples money :)

2 problems with that whole adventure,
1. The system isn't sitting at either mine or @HiFi Guy's house (we would have appreciated it more)
2. This guy barely uses the system according to his son, it's more show than function which is just sad.

Anyway........... Gratz on the Gold3, I'm sure it's everything that's been mentioned :)

It's fun shopping with other peoples money :)

2 problems with that whole adventure,
1. The system isn't sitting at either mine or @HiFi Guy's house (we would have appreciated it more)
2. This guy barely uses the system according to his son, it's more show than function which is just sad.

Anyway........... Gratz on the Gold3, I'm sure it's everything that's been mentioned :)

The funny thing about that experience is I have little recollection what he bought. Maybe a PL amp? Other than that I have nothing.

PL and UD for sure, I think the Duo and I would have to look back at notes to see what speakers we ended up with.
If there ever was such a thing, IMO, the unofficial NG Audio Gear forum rig would have to be the UD, Grado Gold, Sutherland Insight, and PL integrated. But which speakers? Zu has the recent momentum, but speakers seem to really vary.

If there ever was such a thing, IMO, the unofficial NG Audio Gear forum rig would have to be the UD, Grado Gold, Sutherland Insight, and PL integrated. But which speakers? Zu has the recent momentum, but speakers seem to really vary.
I’m guessing there’s a lot more onkyos and U-turns out there.

More in regards to aspirational, consistently recommended components this gearhead corner of NG talks about a lot. UTurn is probably the most owned by NG on the whole it seems. Or maybe AT LP120? Vincent PHO-8 might be the phonostage
Meanwhile I'm over here rocking my Ort 2M Black and Revels and Arias and just going TOTALLY against the grain.

Grado Gold(rush)3 this week. @Lee Newman & @HiFi Guy deserve a commission check

Having formerly written reviews, my favorite thing about being here is I can speak freely. I don’t care what anyone thinks. I try to help people. Simple as that.

That said, if @RichGrado wanted to lend me a Statement Sonato3 to check out, I definitely would accept. But I’d be straight with all of you, as I’ve always been.

the question is really of value if a 350 dollar turntable like the uturn should really have a 260 dollar cartridge like the grado gold... it feels like too much

Back