Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

If you are wary of risking it, I would suggest hitting Barnes And Noble and find 2 copies of some huge 13" x 13" book. Sandwich the record between the 2 and forget about it for a month or 2. You really don't need heat to take out a warp, it only accelerates the process.
Thanks for the advice. Question: Why two books? Wouldn't one heavy book and a hard flat surface be enough?

I'm considering getting a Vinyl Flat since I'm seeing a lot of new vinyl come in warped, which is especially frustrating on pre-ordered where the variant runs are limited and replacements aren't an option.

Do these things ever go on sale? $220 for the Vinyl Flat and goove bag is a bit of an investment.

I'm considering getting a Vinyl Flat since I'm seeing a lot of new vinyl come in warped, which is especially frustrating on pre-ordered where the variant runs are limited and replacements aren't an option.

Do these things ever go on sale? $220 for the Vinyl Flat and goove bag is a bit of an investment.
They used to have a sale during the holidays. Maybe hold off until then.

As @Ginormousthumbs said, usually around the holidays they do something, but definitely get the groovy pouch.

i mean, you said it yourself, it is an investment, but almost every new record that's released from now on will most likely be warped or dished. my rule of thumb is, if you can spare to buy a $100+ box set or multiple records at once without a second thought, you can probably spare to get the vinyl flat. in the long run, it pays off tremendously imo

FWIW, I use mine a LOT more than I ever thought I would, and I don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing.

If you’re waffling on purchasing one for yourself, you can always take advantage of willing owners here for cost of shipping.

I just finished flattening four records for @duke86fan, cost maybe $8 round trip.

You guys have kind of convinced me to just bite the bullet. I have 400+ records and growing, so it just makes sense at this point. Thanks!
Be sure to use the included thermometer to measure the pouch's temperature at the fold. There is some variance in the heating units used in the pouch and it's important to know which setting (low/med/hi) corresponds to the flattening sweet spot.

Also, hit your local $1.00 bin or yard sale and pick up a few albums to practice/test with ;)
And if you do nothing else, always clean your vinyl before tossing it in the Vinyl Flat AND keep your VF rings clean ;)
Good advice all around. I think some test records will be good; I'd imagine most of them will be black vinyl so I won't be able to get a great gauge for colored / clear. I clean all records with my Spin-Clean and Tergikleen, so should be set there.

Good advice all around. I think some test records will be good; I'd imagine most of them will be black vinyl so I won't be able to get a great gauge for colored / clear. I clean all records with my Spin-Clean and Tergikleen, so should be set there.
I cook at a somewhat lower temperature (medium/130 degrees) and haven't had any problems with clear/color vinyl. I just start with shorter sessions (an hour vs 90 minutes for standard vinyl).

My high setting only goes to about 130 degrees and 60 minutes has been working well. One of my 180G clear records actually took 75 minutes was came out very well after that second, longer bake.

So, now that I have the Vinyl Flat, I'm seeing warps everywhere. The new Foxing record arrived with a slip edge warp and I'm wondering if it's worth adjusting. It's pretty slight, so I don't think it's really adding much wear to the stylus. I'm curious how often other owners use the Vinyl Flat.

Back