Gotta warp, these members can help. [Vinyl Flat]

Brand new to this thread. I got a replacement for a warped record today and it’s warped as well. That reminded me that I have another warped album from the artist. Instead of asking for yet another replacement I decided to come here. Whom can help out a kind gentleman with a couple of warped Open Mike Eagle records. One is a double LP so it’s three discs total. I have all the time in the world to wait. Thanks!

Seems like @TheMythOfSisyphus is closest to your neck of the woods, but if he's not available I'd be willing to do it.

I have the Tierra Whack album which is 10 inch clear vinyl but also dish warped. Usually with regular albums i start with 90 mins and increase by 5 min if it needs another round but i figure i should start a little lower with this one. Maybe 75 min as a start?

Also, would it be foolish to put a MoFi One-Step release in the Vinyl Flat?

I have the Tierra Whack album which is 10 inch clear vinyl but also dish warped. Usually with regular albums i start with 90 mins and increase by 5 min if it needs another round but i figure i should start a little lower with this one. Maybe 75 min as a start?

Also, would it be foolish to put a MoFi One-Step release in the Vinyl Flat?

As long as your temperature is moderate and you start with small amounts of time it should be fine.

Seems like @TheMythOfSisyphus is closest to your neck of the woods, but if he's not available I'd be willing to do it.

I just ordered a clamp and I'm hoping it will help me with some of my problems. I will see how well it works and check back in! One of the albums I previously mentioned is pretty wavy so it might still need some love.

PSA - Hey all I just wanted to take a minute to talk about this, and I wanted to wait to have a more accurate "sample size" before mentioning it. Please think long and hard before sending something to any one of us to flatten. As I've mentioned before, while most of us have regular success doing all this, there is always a chance for something to go wrong, not that anything has for me, but I'll never claim 100% success and 0 issues as my motto.

That being said and why I bring this up, some albums I've received have the most minimal, in my opinion, of warps that I have to struggle to see/find when I toss them on my TT so I can figure out how to process them through the Vinyl Flat. I will always contact the owner before proceeding just to make sure, at the end of the day I have no problem doing what's requested, we all have our own "limits" to what is acceptable and I've often said "no warp is acceptable", BUT, these aren't my albums to gamble with.

Anyway, I just wanted to toss this out there, some of you have reached out asking if "this, that or the other thing" are worth doing and I'll always give you an honest answer based on the warp we're dealing with.

Again, I just want everyone to set proper expectations, keep in mind that beyond just the process of heating a piece of vinyl to soften it, you're also shipping this vinyl back and forth, so PLEASE pack them properly, no offence, but it's not my job to do so when shipping it back. I'm sending them how I received them, unless something happened to the packaging along the way, in which case I will get it packed properly once again.

Last thing, I clean all these on my RCM before pressing, if you send clean sleeves I'll use them once the process is over. If you don't and I have extra I will USUALLY place it in a clean sleeve, otherwise it's coming back in what it came in.

Have a great weekend ;)

You want pressure, work on a Dynaflex LP :)

4cdb244445909c5de1a224a3c7ba9338e73cf108.gifv

I’ve got a challenge...any way these can be salvaged? I’ll gladly pay shipping both ways for any vinyl flat help.

I excitedly got these in today...Hieronymus Dros...from Australia to Austin. I reached out for a replacement, but wonder if these can be saved.

Only heroes need apply.

Disc 1:

Disc 2:

I’ve got a challenge...any way these can be salvaged? I’ll gladly pay shipping both ways for any vinyl flat help.

I excitedly got these in today...Hieronymus Dros...from Australia to Austin. I reached out for a replacement, but wonder if these can be saved.

Only heroes need apply.

Disc 1:

Disc 2:

You know what, I think they can. I would be happy to take on the challenge ;)
.....on a side note, HOLY HELL, lol

Back