Golf?

Had a good time in the David Lucas charity scramble yesterday, even though the round took like 5 1/2 hours. Each group was paired with an athlete/celeb and we had Alex Brink who was the QB for Washington State a few years back. Good dude and local business owner of a place my kid has worked out. Game is starting to look a bit better at times, but man my putting is very pig like right now.

Ordered the kid her first set of irons that I'll pick up today, and got myself a new driver and putter a couple weeks back! Happy to be getting back into the game a bit more, and finding myself wanting to spend time working on getting better.

even though the round took like 5 1/2 hours
Oh man, sometimes outings can really drag can't they? Glad you enjoyed it regardless.

My old boss used to hold a yearly charity outing at his country club. It was always an 'on the clock' event for me so you'd think I'd love it. But by year four he had two fivesomes at every hole on the course for a shotgun start. Yep, 180 golfers, with 90 players teeing off at the same time while the next 90 waited at the teebox. If we finished in six hours we were lucky. I guess it still beats a day at work but it really wasn't in the fun category at that point.

Oh man, sometimes outings can really drag can't they? Glad you enjoyed it regardless.

My old boss used to hold a yearly charity outing at his country club. It was always an 'on the clock' event for me so you'd think I'd love it. But by year four he had two fivesomes at every hole on the course for a shotgun start. Yep, 180 golfers, with 90 players teeing off at the same time while the next 90 waited at the teebox. If we finished in six hours we were lucky. I guess it still beats a day at work but it really wasn't in the fun category at that point.
Yeah, that's way too many people. Just making it fivesomes is painful enough with bad golfers, but two groups on the par 3's and 4's has got to be excrutiating.

That being said, we'll play a fivesome occasionally at my friends club and play in 3:45 or so. That's super nice.

two groups on the par 3's and 4's has got to be excrutiating.
The par fives are rough too, because *everybody thinks they can reach in two.

*not me

That reminds of some sprinkler covers on a course I play once a year. Instead of yardage on three of the par fives, they say things like 'you wish' or 'too far for any club in your bag'

I hope to repeat what I did last week at league tomorrow, my score was low net of the 24 of us, which is a bonus point. It's all about consistency, like you mentioned a couple posts ago.

The par fives are rough too, because *everybody thinks they can reach in two.

*not me

That reminds of some sprinkler covers on a course I play once a year. Instead of yardage on three of the par fives, they say things like 'you wish' or 'too far for any club in your bag'

I hope to repeat what I did last week at league tomorrow, my score was low net of the 24 of us, which is a bonus point. It's all about consistency, like you mentioned a couple posts ago.
Good luck and play well!

Good luck and play well!
Well, I didn't play a great round, but there was some consistency.
I shot 47 - I had 7 bogeys and 2 doubles. Both doubles were on holes that I hit into water from the fairway. As far as consistency; I two-putted every hole. So, I am happy that was no blow-up hole but coming off a 42 the week prior, this round was a bit disappointing. But it's a Friday night league with a healthy focus on partying, so it's fun regardless.

Well, I didn't play a great round, but there was some consistency.
I shot 47 - I had 7 bogeys and 2 doubles. Both doubles were on holes that I hit into water from the fairway. As far as consistency; I two-putted every hole. So, I am happy that was no blow-up hole but coming off a 42 the week prior, this round was a bit disappointing. But it's a Friday night league with a healthy focus on partying, so it's fun regardless.
It's amazing how little can be different in the way you hit it, but the score is nowhere near the same. This is a crazy, frustrating game...and amazing at the same time. Sounds like we both still have a ways to go! Guess we better keep playing.

Went on a road trip to play two Indiana courses - Covered Bridge and Champions Point. The weather was cold, especially Saturday...32 and windy that day. But we had the airbnb booked and the time off planned, so we rolled with it. Day two was 40 and sunny, it felt nice.
CB course.jpg

CB group.jpgCP group.jpg

Awesome! I'm dying to get to playing more this year. The crappy weather so far is not helping to get started.
Yeah, I get it. If we were home we may not have played in that Saturday weather. That day I had on fleece lined pants, a base layer, golf shirt, wool shell, fleece zip up and a windbreaker. (plus winter hat and two gloves) That had to work, I couldn't manage even one more layer!

Yeah, I get it. If we were home we may not have played in that Saturday weather. That day I had on fleece lined pants, a base layer, golf shirt, wool shell, fleece zip up and a windbreaker. (plus winter hat and two gloves) That had to work, I couldn't manage even one more layer!
Swinging like Ralphie with all those clothes on, but good to be out there. I just need to suck it up and play in whatever the weather is. Did get a sunny day on Friday and played nine.

Swinging like Ralphie with all those clothes on, but good to be out there. I just need to suck it up and play in whatever the weather is. Did get a sunny day on Friday and played nine.
We had one course to ourselves, the other had just a couple other groups. So that's a bonus for playing in that weather.
Our golf league plays in plenty of iffy weather too, so I guess I'm used to it, but certainly don't love it.

We had one course to ourselves, the other had just a couple other groups. So that's a bonus for playing in that weather.
Our golf league plays in plenty of iffy weather too, so I guess I'm used to it, but certainly don't love it.
I love an empty golf course, especially by myself. Drop a few extra balls to get some practice in, it always helps my game. I really need to join a club again, but probably should go earn a few extra bucks to pay for it.

I love an empty golf course, especially by myself. Drop a few extra balls to get some practice in, it always helps my game. I really need to join a club again, but probably should go earn a few extra bucks to pay for it.
I guess retirement has a catch, eh? Are golf leagues a big thing in your area? Around here most courses are booked all week long with leagues.

I guess retirement has a catch, eh? Are golf leagues a big thing in your area? Around here most courses are booked all week long with leagues.
Yeah, totally. I've been helping at my gal's flower shop delivering flowers. But it's just to help keep costs down, so not getting paid. Have a few ideas, but trying to figure out how much I'd like to work. Retirement is supposed to be golf like at least 4 times a week, right? :)

I think there are a few, but probably not as many. I like the idea of a country club, mainly to be able to go play mostly whenever I want and have the rounds take under 4 hours. Would be good for the kids too with the pool, and they both play a little. Just not sure I want to front the money.

Here's comes The Masters! Definitely my favorite event of the year.
Made my picks with my buddy just now - I have Mac, Rahm, Cantlay and Cam Smith
He has Scheffler, Spieth, Day and Finau
Who knows!?!?
Yup’ getting my Pimento Cheese sandwiches ready for the weekend!
AE09DB51-C0F2-4EF6-9572-0517B096F1CF.jpeg
Pretty stoked that I was recently able to pick up this older American Needle (made in the USA) Masters golf cap off ebay for under $20 bucks.

Back