Golf?

Our golf league starts this Friday, weather permitting of course.
This is our 25th year so we're doing double-swag. Usually we just do one item per year. In the past we've done t-shirts, logo balls,
winter hats (it's Michigan after all) golf towels, rain jackets...probably other stuff I've forgotten.
We got spendier for the milestone this year. To kick off this season we are giving Drizzle Sticks to everyone.
Then at the halfway point we're giving these coins we had made.

brella.JPGcoin heads.JPGcoin tails.JPG

I played my third nine of the year today; played ok enough to bogey five holes, but no pars, and the other four holes were bad. (9 on a par 4, triples, blah blah) It's still damp and chilly here, but I can only blame the weather for so long.

With that being said, I think I'm going to do it; go get fitted for clubs. Mine are 22 years old, plus I need (want) an injection of fun in the form of new gear.

Is anyone following the LIV Tour story? I read that LIV is offering around 30K to players just for committing to all 8 events.
DJ bouncing to it from the PGA is pretty major news. Mickelson hasn't actually been listed among the 42 players yet but I assume it's happening.
Some other big names - Westy, Oosty, Schwartzl, Garcia - don't surprise me as they haven't been winning in the PGA much lately. Although I think Oosty has a recent win.
The more I think about Kevin Na bouncing, the less it surprises me...he has trouble getting along with others on tour and is never quite prime-time enough to make The Ryder Cup.

Is anyone following the LIV Tour story? I read that LIV is offering around 30K to players just for committing to all 8 events.
DJ bouncing to it from the PGA is pretty major news. Mickelson hasn't actually been listed among the 42 players yet but I assume it's happening.
Some other big names - Westy, Oosty, Schwartzl, Garcia - don't surprise me as they haven't been winning in the PGA much lately. Although I think Oosty has a recent win.
The more I think about Kevin Na bouncing, the less it surprises me...he has trouble getting along with others on tour and is never quite prime-time enough to make The Ryder Cup.
It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I believe I read at one point that the tour was considering not allowing players to bounce with LIV. I don't think that went over well.

As interesting as this is, to me I'd still place it below the Euro Tour, but kind of above the Korn Ferry. In all honesty, I expect this to go the way of The Match within a few years. If any tour is going to directly challenge the PGA Tour, it would be the EU tour. They have the funding, the fans, and the players. It's the only true "other" tour in my mind. AND they have been paying players an appearance fee for select tourney's for awhile. This LIV tour just doesn't offer anything unique. It just shows which players are rebelling against the PGA Tour and which players are purely playing for the checks.

One thing I'm curious about but haven't read, is if these events will factor into the OWGR. Could a few LIV wins theoretically push DJ back into the OWGR top 10? Anyone know about that?

Here are my picks for The Open in my weekly heads-up bet with a buddy...I had first pick this week.
McIlroy
Rahm
Speith
Zalatoris

He has Schauffele, Cam Smith, Fitz and Hatton.

We could both take like four more and maybe not even have the winner. I love this event!

We do a pick six from the entire field, split up into OWGR categories. Here's mine:

Rory McIlroy
Tommy Fleetwood
Ryan Fox
Sahith Theegala
Will Zalatoris
Shane Lowry

We do a pick six from the entire field, split up into OWGR categories. Here's mine:

Rory McIlroy
Tommy Fleetwood
Ryan Fox
Sahith Theegala
Will Zalatoris
Shane Lowry
I definitely like Lowry. I thought about Fleetwood, although it seems he's been having trouble getting a W lately.

Nice, I'd like to think you have a winner in there somewhere.

I've been a fan of Homa since I started seeing his now legendary swing roasts on Twitter.

NATURALLY, Justin Rose backs out last minute while I was sound asleep.....and to make it even better that team with the goose egg is my best team so far.

Side note: I hope Tiger bounces back at some point today. This is rough to watch and I'd hate for his last time at St. Andrews to be ugly

NATURALLY, Justin Rose backs out last minute while I was sound asleep.....and to make it even better that team with the goose egg is my best team so far.

Side note: I hope Tiger bounces back at some point today. This is rough to watch and I'd hate for his last time at St. Andrews to be ugly
Damn, tough luck on the WD.
I hope Tiger makes the cut, but yeah, that's a tough start; +4 through 4.

I finally played a good nine holes in golf league this year. Yep, it took half a season. The biggest reason is that I switched to hybrids on my medium and low irons. I had already been using 3, 4 and 5 hybrids so now I completed the set. I shot 42, and actually what held me back from a pretty special score was putting, I had FOUR three putts. That means that I was on in regs on most of the holes, which is usually rare for me.
I like the stance/set-up better as I stand on a tee box or fairway with hybrids. I'm sure it's part mental, as many things in golf are, but I had immediate improvement.

I played 36 holes last Saturday with three buddies; we did a 2 vs 2 scramble. So while I don't know what my own score would have been, I felt that I was playing better than I have in years. (I played the same ball for the first 28 holes)
So now I need to get out and play 18 on my own ball and see where I am...but I gotta say, I'm very encouraged.

I finally played a good nine holes in golf league this year. Yep, it took half a season. The biggest reason is that I switched to hybrids on my medium and low irons. I had already been using 3, 4 and 5 hybrids so now I completed the set. I shot 42, and actually what held me back from a pretty special score was putting, I had FOUR three putts. That means that I was on in regs on most of the holes, which is usually rare for me.
I like the stance/set-up better as I stand on a tee box or fairway with hybrids. I'm sure it's part mental, as many things in golf are, but I had immediate improvement.

I played 36 holes last Saturday with three buddies; we did a 2 vs 2 scramble. So while I don't know what my own score would have been, I felt that I was playing better than I have in years. (I played the same ball for the first 28 holes)
So now I need to get out and play 18 on my own ball and see where I am...but I gotta say, I'm very encouraged.
Great to hear, so nice when you finally start pulling it together!

I've been taking lessons and played in a couple tournaments lately, and still looking for some of that consistency you've found.

Back