Golf?

Played yesterday with the guy I'm caddying for. Starting the season much better too. Some blowup holes here and there, but made 8 pars and a birdie yesterday. Need to get the body back in golf shape. Amazing how working out doesn't transfer to stamina throughout a round of golf. Just need to play more and build some confidence. Thinking I might try and play in a few tournaments to push myself to practice more.
It's so early in the season here in Michigan, and we've played in cold rain and chilly temps for most rounds so far, that's why I'm kind of surprised I'm playing well. Once it dries out and I'm wearing just a shirt and shorts my swing will loosen and I should get even better. But we'll see.

That's cool you play in tourneys, I'm not even close to the playing level or confidence level to compete like that. I'm mostly just golf league, and then some gambling rounds with friends; usually 2 v 2 scrambles or 4 v 4. We did 36 per day a couple times last year in that format. It's way easier to shoot that many holes in teams vs my own game.

Got my first Hole in One a couple weeks back. (Ya first… gotta believe I’ll get another one or what’s the point right? 😂 ).

Wallkill Golf Club. Hole 15. 6 iron. 157yds. Couldn’t believe it. It’s a slight down hill hole so could see it bounce right in.

I was bummed that I wasn’t playing with my normal group, but none of the guys I was with had ever had one or been playing with anyone who did, so we all freaked out. Good time.

Best part was realizing when I got to the hole that the ball I had used (lost my original ball on the previous hole) was one from last fall that I had written my old dogs nickname on after he passed away…. Jakers. I may have gotten a bit choked up looking down and seeing his name.

DY1D9XC.jpg

Got my first Hole in One a couple weeks back. (Ya first… gotta believe I’ll get another one or what’s the point right? 😂 ).

Wallkill Golf Club. Hole 15. 6 iron. 157yds. Couldn’t believe it. It’s a slight down hill hole so could see it bounce right in.

I was bummed that I wasn’t playing with my normal group, but none of the guys I was with had ever had one or been playing with anyone who did, so we all freaked out. Good time.

Best part was realizing when I got to the hole that the ball I had used (lost my original ball on the previous hole) was one from last fall that I had written my old dogs nickname on after he passed away…. Jakers. I may have gotten a bit choked up looking down and seeing his name.

DY1D9XC.jpg
Congrats! I had my first in 2006 and figured I'd get a few more because it seemed so easy to simply aim at the hole and put it in. But ha, yeah, no more aces yet.

It's so early in the season here in Michigan, and we've played in cold rain and chilly temps for most rounds so far, that's why I'm kind of surprised I'm playing well. Once it dries out and I'm wearing just a shirt and shorts my swing will loosen and I should get even better. But we'll see.

That's cool you play in tourneys, I'm not even close to the playing level or confidence level to compete like that. I'm mostly just golf league, and then some gambling rounds with friends; usually 2 v 2 scrambles or 4 v 4. We did 36 per day a couple times last year in that format. It's way easier to shoot that many holes in teams vs my own game.
Yeah, we've had a really crappy extended winter until the last two weeks or so. Finally getting a chance to play is nice.

My confidence isn't great with a tourney right now, but I know it will make me get after it a bit. Just signed up for the Men's Club at a local, so need to get out and play with them too.

DY1D9XC.jpg
Congrats! No better feeling. I have a couple, and both were actually great shots and with friends or family around. My kid actually took the ball out of the hole on one of them. Still waiting for the next one!

Going out to caddie for a friend of a friend in the local US Senior Open qualifier. It should be a good time. He shot 64 on this course a couple of days ago, and 68 yesterday. 18 holes, top 2 or 3 will qualify out of around 90 players.
My guy won the qualifier and will play on the US Senior Open in July! He shot 65 to win by 4.

Yeah, we've had a really crappy extended winter until the last two weeks or so. Finally getting a chance to play is nice.
Our league gives out swag every year and with such uneven and sometimes crappy weather in Michigan our items reflect that. We've given out rain jackets, winter hats, and drizzle sticks the last few years. All get good use in April and May.
That’s what i said…or could be that he was a tour player for 10 years and is really good.
Is he anyone I'd know of?
And, congrats...that's really cool. Do you get to caddy for him at the open?

Our league gives out swag every year and with such uneven and sometimes crappy weather in Michigan our items reflect that. We've given out rain jackets, winter hats, and drizzle sticks the last few years. All get good use in April and May.

Is he anyone I'd know of?
And, congrats...that's really cool. Do you get to caddy for him at the open?
I donthink I'll be caddying then, but I offered! He has someone from when he played. Craig Barlow. Very nice player.

Played in a Best Ball tourney this weekend and didn't play too awful, 87-82 for me. We finished third net. Had a good time and it has me looking forward to playing more golf this year!
Nice rounds. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Having a good time is paramount to me, even more than playing well most of the time.

That being said, I'm playing better this year than I have in awhile. Having balance in my life helps, as does the receding pain and improved mobility from having frozen shoulder. My last three league rounds were 42, 48, 42.

Nice rounds. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Having a good time is paramount to me, even more than playing well most of the time.

That being said, I'm playing better this year than I have in awhile. Having balance in my life helps, as does the receding pain and improved mobility from having frozen shoulder. My last three league rounds were 42, 48, 42.
This game is so much easier when you're not stressed about other things. I'm really just looking to have fun these days too. But now that I'm 50 would like to play in some of those old guy senior events!

That's what our golf league has become....almost there anyway.
Our local Men's club leans older too. Was nice to see some new younger (mid 30's and up) people playing this weekend. Need to grow the group and keep it going.

It's nice I have a few friends that are really good players and have been introduced to some local pros through them. Hoping to play in some local Senior Pro-ams to get out on some better courses, not always the local muni. Although I do love it, they need to maybe lower the mower blades on the greens :)

Our local Men's club leans older too. Was nice to see some new younger (mid 30's and up) people playing this weekend. Need to grow the group and keep it going.

It's nice I have a few friends that are really good players and have been introduced to some local pros through them. Hoping to play in some local Senior Pro-ams to get out on some better courses, not always the local muni. Although I do love it, they need to maybe lower the mower blades on the greens :)
Speaking of local pros, how about Michael Block? Already having a magical run, then he dunks one!

Back