Gimme Metal Vinyl Club

Given a vote, I would have requested A Blaze in the Northern Sky, but still pumped this release.
My vote would actually be Transilvanian Hunger, as think that is their peak album. But I totally get this pick as it was such a huge leap forward in their sound (and for the entire metal genre at that)

If they do, I hope it’s Grand Declarations or Ordo

My choices would be Grand Declaration of War or Daemon. The former caught unnecessary hate but introduced a lot of really cool touches to the genre. It was ahead of its time. De Mysteriis is too easy and Live in Leipzig sounds too horrible.

Daemon was a staggeringly good album for these old guys, and selfishly I already own Grand Declaration and haven't gotten around to buying Daemon yet 😜.

Just got an email for May’s album.
Exciter: Heavy Metal Maniac.
Going to listen first, but I might not sub for May.

Exciter is a bit under the radar, but I it was fairly influental to the thrash scene of the mid-80s. Interesting from a historical point of view, but not really a great album.

Interesting that they have decided to do the enamel pin as an add on this month. While I’m not a collector I liked it being part of the package, not willing to shell out for it though.

Interesting that they have decided to do the enamel pin as an add on this month. While I’m not a collector I liked it being part of the package, not willing to shell out for it though.
Was that in the email? While I don’t care either way, it was a cool touch.

Back