Gimme Metal Vinyl Club

I already have this album, but this variant looks very nice.
Never heard it until it was announced but I'm getting it since I missed it in the era. But this is my point, this club turned me on to way more of this arena than I'd ever know about before or bands that I'd already dug but didn't have the earlier records (i.e. Electric Wizard or YOB). It's a shame, especially the loss of the app. I'm gutted, really. Maybe someday there will be a decent music discovery service for "less mainstram" music.

Never heard it until it was announced but I'm getting it since I missed it in the era. But this is my point, this club turned me on to way more of this arena than I'd ever know about before or bands that I'd already dug but didn't have the earlier records (i.e. Electric Wizard or YOB). It's a shame, especially the loss of the app. I'm gutted, really. Maybe someday there will be a decent music discovery service for "less mainstram" music.
I agree. I'll miss this club.

I am on the fence here. $8 shipping on top of tax. The old club shipped free so this pushes the price around $40.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be renewing my membership just yet. For that price it's gotta be an album I'm really excited about. And as much as I love High on Fire, I want to hear the album before buying.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be renewing my membership just yet. For that price it's gotta be an album I'm really excited about. And as much as I love High on Fire, I want to hear the album before buying.
Completely agree. I've been thinking a lot about this since they announced the "return" of their store and now the Club. Something about all of this just doesn't seem right to me in terms of the spirit of the original Gimme. I emailed with the entity that sent the email concerning the "new" club and to me, it just feels like the original Gimme (Tyler et al) either sold everything to a third party company (Main Factor Commerce) or they are basically just working directly with some retailer to just sell us some more shit that we may/may not need.

Gimme meant a great deal to me as a listener and as part of the community of like-minded weirdos that liked metal. I don't really feel that way now. If I want to buy some exclusive variant or something like that, for now, Decibel seems like a better platform to support.

Completely agree. I've been thinking a lot about this since they announced the "return" of their store and now the Club. Something about all of this just doesn't seem right to me in terms of the spirit of the original Gimme. I emailed with the entity that sent the email concerning the "new" club and to me, it just feels like the original Gimme (Tyler et al) either sold everything to a third party company (Main Factor Commerce) or they are basically just working directly with some retailer to just sell us some more shit that we may/may not need.

Gimme meant a great deal to me as a listener and as part of the community of like-minded weirdos that liked metal. I don't really feel that way now. If I want to buy some exclusive variant or something like that, for now, Decibel seems like a better platform to support.
Well said. I love the idea of a metal record of the month club, but they'll have to do better to justify the price.

I still will keep an eye on what they put out because last time I was introduced to some cool albums/bands that I wasn't familiar with before.

Magnolia album for July

Magnolia album for July
Um, what?

Well, looks like this one is a pass for me because, well, I preordered it when it came out originally. :p

An absolute killer if anyone out there doesn't have it. I had other plans but bummed I missed the Decibel Tour when it hit The Chi a few weeks ago. Sigh. Someday I will see Phil Tougas shred in person. When he joined the band for this record, they were to another level.

Back