Game of Thrones

Didn't like the extreme Dany turn to the point of killing civilians. I get that's where GRRM was going to go in the books but I just didn't believe her turn in the same way Anakin's turn in Revenge of the Sith wasn't solid enough to believe. Had she destroyed the Lannister army and the Red Keep, I think it would've been more fitting. Crush your enemies and make the population fear you. Flaming the entire population...not so sure on that. I get her descent into madness. Being isolated. Dragon just killed. "Friend" just killed. Jon doesn't return her affections. It just seemed really rushed, like most of this season. I have no doubt in the books he could get her to that point in a way that is more solid. This to me in the show was not solid enough.

I will add that I'm fascinated by where they might go with the ending. I mean they made her irredeemable and a threat to the North. Won't be a happy ending for sure.

Last edited:
Is it bad that i still like the show. The writing this season went off the deep end so quickly. Everything that has happened these last few episodes can't be justified without further character development.

But it was fun to watch. My boy Varys got did dirty.

Seems I'm in the minority when I think this last episode was the best of the season.

This last season hasn't been great. A lot of filler episodes getting people moved around to where they need to be. Maybe it would work better as a 9 hour movie and binge it.

I am gonna have to call in sick on Sunday, as there is no way I can watch the finale on my phone at work.

I found this to be a really interesting read regarding the direction that GoT has taken. Also, it reinforces my view that Twitter is stupid. It would have been a much better read as a single post instead of like 30.

Seems I'm in the minority when I think this last episode was the best of the season.

This last season hasn't been great. A lot of filler episodes getting people moved around to where they need to be. Maybe it would work better as a 9 hour movie and binge it.

I am gonna have to call in sick on Sunday, as there is no way I can watch the finale on my phone at work.

I thought the last episode was great too! My only disappointment is that Arya didn't get to Cersei.

The prophecy/vision already predicted Dany would be at kings landing with the ceiling falling down and snow everywhere (wasn't actually the long winter in the end, rather ash from the fire). The dragon burning everything down was really satisfying actually, despite the innocents getting killed - she should have sent a message that they could leave Kings landing before she burnt it down.

Fun fact I read is that Cersei dies on Mother's Day. Tywin was apparently killed on Father's Day.

I thought the last episode was great too! My only disappointment is that Arya didn't get to Cersei.

The prophecy/vision already predicted Dany would be at kings landing with the ceiling falling down and snow everywhere (wasn't actually the long winter in the end, rather ash from the fire). The dragon burning everything down was really satisfying actually, despite the innocents getting killed - she should have sent a message that they could leave Kings landing before she burnt it down.

Fun fact I read is that Cersei dies on Mother's Day. Tywin was apparently killed on Father's Day.

yeah...Cercei's end was a bit underwhelming, but she did die with her brothers hands around her neck...which was kind of in her prophecy, too.

This episode had some of the best cinematography of the whole series.

OK. So we all know Dany will be killed. But then..... what happens to Drogon? Are we to believe he's just gonna let his mom get killed and not go Dracaryus on everyone????

Anyone believe the theory that Arya is dead and the white horse represents that?

Dany and John kill each other in the most wooden show off in televisual history.

Tyrion is revealed as the mad king’s bastard (he raped Tywin’s wife and this explains why there was that big rift between the two previous close mates) and Drogon submits to him as the most seniors Targarean. Him and Sansa rule the kingdoms from the north as a proper Royal power couple...

Dany and John kill each other in the most wooden show off in televisual history.

Tyrion is revealed as the mad king’s bastard (he raped Tywin’s wife and this explains why there was that big rift between the two previous close mates) and Drogon submits to him as the most seniors Targarean. Him and Sansa rule the kingdoms from the north as a proper Royal power couple...
Sadly, I think Dany executes Tyrion before she herself is executed.

I do hope we have not seen the last of Sansa or Brienne.

OK. So we all know Dany will be killed. But then..... what happens to Drogon? Are we to believe he's just gonna let his mom get killed and not go Dracaryus on everyone????

Anyone believe the theory that Arya is dead and the white horse represents that?

Ugh, I hope not because it would undercut the fact that The Hound made her leave to survive. Also, using her as a plot point to finally turn Jon against Dany (Your crazy killed my sister!) would be a total disservice to her badass character.

Back