Game of Thrones

Seems I'm in the minority when I think this last episode was the best of the season.

I did too!

Tyrion is revealed as the mad king’s bastard (he raped Tywin’s wife and this explains why there was that big rift between the two previous close mates)

I know it's way too late in the series for this to happen, but I spent way longer than I should have thinking that this was where the show was headed

But how are D&D going to get themselves out of this little sticky situation of a dragon that would protect Dany to the death?

I think we'd see Drogon conflicted over whether to listen to Dany and Jon. Then Dany seen Drogon conflicted, gets mad about it, and she kills Drogon herself

(this better not be what actually happens)

‘Game Of Thrones’ Showrunners Disappointed With How Quality Of Fans Has Dropped Off Over Past Couple Seasons

I don’t think Drogon will die - He might kill everyone tho and rule himself - Destructo Dragon !
That's the part that is a big question for me. I think we all have a general idea how this ends. But how are D&D going to get themselves out of this little sticky situation of a dragon that would protect Dany to the death? It'll be a complete cop-out to the character development (lol, i realize that was abandoned last season) to have Dany killed without Drogon going ape-shit.
I fully expecting a solution involving a Targaryen Jon soothing said Dragon who flies off into the sunset......

Then looks back and torches the lot of em !
Obviously, Arya steals Dany's face and rules the seven kingdoms. Drogon is fooled and settles down in Westeros where he gets grumpy when the kids get on his lawn.

I haven't read anything on this thread as I don't like reading guesses, but I am trying to decide if I am excited for the finale or ready for disappointment

Game of thrones is still a good TV show, against other TV shows it's great but against itself in the early days there is no comparison it feels like it's completely lost it's way.
Since the CGI budget increased it's like the writing became an afterthought. Everything has been so rushed especially this season which has been the most un game of throne-sey type season yet.
Apart from the impressive battles it's been awful plot wise especially.
There is still so many questions left and we wont get the answers.
Jon will kill Dany and go back north to Ghost, Sansa will sit on the throne with bran as her hand, Tyrion and Bronn will drink and philander with prossies in high garden and that will be all. Brienne will buy a dildo and name it Ser Jamie

There is still so many questions left and we wont get the answers.

I was thinking about this the other day, because this is a common criticism right now, but are there really that many open questions left? It seems to me like they’ve been rushing to try to answer all the questions, albeit maybe not as gracefully as we were all hoping they would.

I was thinking about this the other day, because this is a common criticism right now, but are there really that many open questions left? It seems to me like they’ve been rushing to try to answer all the questions, albeit maybe not as gracefully as we were all hoping they would.
Screenshot_20190519-195103_Gallery.jpg
Saw this on YouTube the other day and it kinda conveys what I'm thinking and I think alot more too. It annoyed me how they explained why the night king wanted bran so badly with two throwaway lines one by bran & one by samwell that was it explanation over. Why was the night king created by children of the forest? Why is bran the three eyed raven? Just some of my frustrations. What help was bran when he warged during the long night? Then other loose ends getting sewn up badly like Euron & Jamie have that ridiculous fight and Eurons sign off line was cringeworthy, Cersei death....ah I could go on 😥

Edit: I know there are answers to some of the questions too but any answers that were given are pathetic at best. Game of thrones was great at story depth until the last couple of seasons

Last edited:
View attachment 1178
Saw this on YouTube the other day and it kinda conveys what I'm thinking and I think alot more too. It annoyed me how they explained why the night king wanted bran so badly with two throwaway lines one by bran & one by samwell that was it explanation over. Why was the night king created by children of the forest? Why is bran the three eyed raven? Just some of my frustrations. What help was bran when he warged during the long knight? Then other loose ends getting sewn up badly like Euron & Jamie have that ridiculous fight and Eurons sign off line was cringeworthy, Cersei death....ah I could go on 😥

That’s all fair...though I think some of these might get answered this evening. And others I just don’t see as all that important to answer beyond what has already been shown (Cersei’s pregnancy, Cersei’s prophecy, Craster’s kids, to name a few)

And I kinda loved Euron’s last line...it was exactly what a dbag like that would say before dying

Also I hated Cersei’s death too until I saw a recap article describe it as the city she worked so hard to control crushing/coming down on her in the end...kind of a house of cards concept. Which made the death scene slightly more acceptable to me

That’s all fair...though I think some of these might get answered this evening. And others I just don’t see as all that important to answer beyond what has already been shown (Cersei’s pregnancy, Cersei’s prophecy, Craster’s kids, to name a few)

And I kinda loved Euron’s last line...it was exactly what a dbag like that would say before dying

Also I hated Cersei’s death too until I saw a recap article describe it as the city she worked so hard to control crushing/coming down on her in the end...kind of a house of cards concept. Which made the death scene slightly more acceptable to me
Ok the house of cards concept isnt that bad actually. Ah I think really every fan had their own ideas about how the story should have unfolded and they could never please everybody it's impossible. Safe to say they have probably pissed more people off than made happy though lol. The biggest issue overall is definitely the pacing, they rushed it compared to its previous self of development and that's why the payoff feels cheap I think. It's still one of the greatest things to ever be made for TV but I cant help but feel let down especially to be told for the best part of a decade that winter is coming only for winter to be killed with one stab and a sleight of hand. I shouldnt have been left feeling when the night king died "is that it?" But that's how it felt

View attachment 1178
Saw this on YouTube the other day and it kinda conveys what I'm thinking and I think alot more too. It annoyed me how they explained why the night king wanted bran so badly with two throwaway lines one by bran & one by samwell that was it explanation over. Why was the night king created by children of the forest? Why is bran the three eyed raven? Just some of my frustrations. What help was bran when he warged during the long night? Then other loose ends getting sewn up badly like Euron & Jamie have that ridiculous fight and Eurons sign off line was cringeworthy, Cersei death....ah I could go on 😥

Edit: I know there are answers to some of the questions too but any answers that were given are pathetic at best. Game of thrones was great at story depth until the last couple of seasons

Some thoughts from a book reader.

1. Jon was brought back just like Beric Dondarrion. The Lord of Light was not done with him yet. In the books I'd imagine GRRM is going with Jon is Azor Ahai reborn, the one Melisandre thought Stannis was from her vision. In the books when she looks into the flames to see Azor Ahai's identity, she sees only snow. The show needed him to be the bridge between Dany and the North folk. Plus they needed that hot incest action and a vehicle to drive a wedge between Sansa and the rest of Westeros.
2. Brienne is clearly the most noble character on the show. She's always been about keeping her word and her ideals as to what a knight should be. Jaime is the reality of what a knight is in Westeros. They're fairly shitty people. I honestly didn't mind Jaime going back to Cersei. He's seen what Dany can do. He knew what was coming for Cersei and he couldn't keep away. He wanted to die in the arms of the woman he loved, just like he told Bronn way back when.
3. He was going to fight for the living because he saw what they were up against. Then when he lived and humanity was saved, he went right back to the woman who brought out the worst in him. I agree his character arc was badly mangled but I doubt it's that far off from what GRRM had in mind. Jaime was trying to be good but he's still a Lannister.
4. It was all about her getting her comeuppance through the death of her children, the people she cared about the most in this world. For the people who hated the way she went out, she went out seeing everything she had built be destroyed because of her own arrogance. That's after watching or being a participant in every one of her children's demise due to her scheming/hunger for power. She died numerous times on the show.
5. To show how much Ned Stark loved his family. He went through the whole lie because he loved his sister and he made a promise. He never spoke the truth of Jon's birth because he knew what that would mean to the Kingdom and how he would place his family over King Robert. And it came at a great cost to his honor. Plus it adds the whole forbidden element to him and Dany. Of course, that's now out the window and Jon is a threat to Dany's rule.
6. Cersei is never more dangerous than when she's fighting for her children. I think it was also to force Jaime to stay. But Jaime never cared about his children. Or it was all a lie.
7. The Night King was a wholly D&D manufactured character. I highly doubt GRRM even has him in there. The show apparently needed a Big Bad according to D&D. First, it was Ramsey. Then the Night King. Now Dany.
8. In the books, Craster's sons are just given to the Others as an offering. The show created this idea that the sons later become the Night King's lieutenants, capable of independent action from the wights the NK controlled.
9. Because everything is too accelerated. Why they went with 6 episodes is beyond me. I am very curious how they wrap it all up tonight.

Back