Gadzooks! Its the December Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread!

12/28 - Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas: This Jim Henson special reaches its apex with a talent show that pits the Frogtown Hollow Jubilee Jug Band against the heavy metal stylings of The Nightmare. In that vein, pick your winner and play something that either has Jug Band / Bluegrass roots, or some Heavy Metal.

Team Emmet Otter all the way. They were robbed.

Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band ~ Almost Acoustic

IMG_5214.jpeg

tumblr_my8oi16NGg1qedb29o1_500.gif

12/27 - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: The Island of Misfit Toys is where the Charlie In The Box greets Rudolph and Hermey, and introduces them to the misfit toys. Play something that’s in a misfit genre when compared to the rest of your collection.

1703786604687.png

My Collection is light in both Classical music and soundtracks so this is a double misfit

12/27 - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: The Island of Misfit Toys is where the Charlie In The Box greets Rudolph and Hermey, and introduces them to the misfit toys. Play something that’s in a misfit genre when compared to the rest of your collection.

Camarón de la Isla "La Leyenda Del Tiempo" (1979 Philips; 2019 reissue)
I have two flamenco records, both by Camarón.

IMG_0783.JPG

12/26 - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: Bumbles Bounce! Christmas is over, you get to sneak in one more holiday record before you’re told to bounce. Spin it loud!

Bad Religion – Christmas Songs
20231228_112157.jpg

This is one of a very small handful of holiday records I would be happy to own on vinyl, but currently I don't!

George Carlin – Occupation: Foole
20231228_113528.jpg

Until my VMP box that I (foolishly?) swapped for arrives next month this is the only comedy record in my collection. My old neighbour won it at a comedy show a few years ago and gave it to me when he found out I had a record player, since he does not. A few of the bits on it haven't aged well, but I do very much love Carlin, so I've kept it for the meanwhile.

12/28 - Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas: This Jim Henson special reaches its apex with a talent show that pits the Frogtown Hollow Jubilee Jug Band against the heavy metal stylings of The Nightmare. In that vein, pick your winner and play something that either has Jug Band / Bluegrass roots, or some Heavy Metal.

Haken "Fauna" (2023 Inside Out Music)
Unlike @avecigrec , I'm not going to pretend that the person on the cover of an album is not me.

IMG_0514.JPG

Various – Nativity In Black (A Tribute To Black Sabbath)
20231228_140546.jpg

🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘
(Thanks again @Hemotep!)

This is the only record by an Ethiopian nun that I own. I have spun this almost every day since it arrived and it's so beautiful...in fact it was already on the TT from yesterday.

IMG_6771.JPG

How about metal guys turned bluegrass?
IMG_6772.JPG

1703835243884.png

12/29 - Seinfeld: Festivus is the traditional airing of grievances. Play an album that was used to air a grievance

I wonder who would be foolish enough to pin Keith down during the Feats of Strength, even now that he's in his early 100's.

IMG_6347.gif

Playing the original Street Fighting Man for this one.

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet

12/29 - Seinfeld: Festivus is the traditional airing of grievances. Play an album that was used to air a grievance.

In retrospect, I could have also just called this Bob Dylan day. So many to choose from.

Idiot wind
Blowing every time you move your teeth
You're an idiot, babe
It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe

Ouch.

Bob Dylan ~ Blood on the Tracks.

IMG_5222.jpeg

Going with one that's been sitting in my backlog for the last 4 months...

Spirit Adrift – Ghost At The Gallows
Century Media – 19658805751, 2023

Project M variant, limited to 300.

Pressed at MRP/GZ

wXDsqHZ.jpg

TWoW6zz.jpg

Back