Fresh Grabs

Advance tapes were awesome. Even better when the record is never released.

View attachment 146216

I still wish I had the dub I'd made of the advance for Slick Rick's The Art of Storytelling - it was quite a bit different than the final release, and I think the superior version. My assistant manager at the corporate music store kept the CD, but I lost touch with him years and years ago.

Absolutely delighted to have a copy of this one. Love this album and this band and didn’t want to pay secondary prices for an OG. Hope Warner/Parlophone have done this as well as the reissues of Captain and Warnings/Promises that they put out over the past couple of years!

198B3D58-5343-411F-8B74-2B9ED74C8BE0.jpeg

My mail call from the week I was out of town
IMG_6887.jpg

A couple of Japanese pressings (thanks for the Fleetwood Mac @OMC) that I have been after for a while. Haven't spun them yet but both look super clean.

IMG_6892.jpg

CCR was like $15 from Target, had to grab the Dire Straits when I saw it pop back in to stock at the in groove, and the two AC/DC titles are recent reissues from Amazon that were pretty cheap

IMG_6891.jpg

The two Elvis titles were PIF's from @dansomeone and Beth Orton a replacement for a warped RSD version.

IMG_6890.jpg

I've been shopping for these old Contemporary releases and then stumble in to other interesting items to throw in the cart. The $3 Kessel looks to be in great shape for VG+.

AC is out in the TT room so it's going to be a few days before I can spin. Just cleaning for now.View attachment 146534
The Barney Kessel looks interesting and should play fine if you have a mono switch.

If you have a mono switch give it a try and let us know what you think. 😁

Ella or RCJP?
Ella, I'm addicted. This jacket was rated VG+ and honestly, I'm not sure a human has ever touched it. I can't imagine why they didn't rate it NM. And the disc as always is pretty much perfect.

Reactions: .Z.
Back