Fresh Grabs

I been getting hit harder then ever with bad seam splits, even Plaidroom isn't immune.. Funny enough the two "damaged" records I bought had none and were near flawless but the two brand new records I bought both had pretty bad seam splits especially Nirvana but at the prices I got them for I can live with it! Doris has been on my wishlist for over a decade, so i'm happy to finally be able to spin that on vinyl.

IMG_20220716_220934.jpg

All from Target, 3 from the recent clearance and the other 2 are long shipping stragglers from the last B2G1 including the 4 books as well.

IMG_20220716_221236.jpgIMG_20220716_222404.jpg

It's been awhile since I bought anything from Waxwork so bought 4 sexy slabs (Friday The 13th PO as well) and then Killer Klowns will be a day 1 buy soon along with the represses of Devils Rejects and 1000 Corpses soon so they will be getting a lot of my $$$ this year 💸

IMG_20220716_220956.jpg

I been getting hit harder then ever with bad seam splits, even Plaidroom isn't immune.. Funny enough the two "damaged" records I bought had none and were near flawless but the two brand new records I bought both had pretty bad seam splits especially Nirvana but at the prices I got them for I can live with it! Doris has been on my wishlist for over a decade, so i'm happy to finally be able to spin that on vinyl.

View attachment 146185

All from Target, 3 from the recent clearance and the other 2 are long shipping stragglers from the last B2G1 including the 4 books as well.

View attachment 146187View attachment 146189

It's been awhile since I bought anything from Waxwork so bought 4 sexy slabs (Friday The 13th PO as well) and then Killer Klowns will be a day 1 buy soon along with the represses of Devils Rejects and 1000 Corpses soon so they will be getting a lot of my $$$ this year 💸

View attachment 146186

Love the Albini mix of In Utero. Don't agree with all of the choices, but all-in-all, it's great.

Love the Albini mix of In Utero. Don't agree with all of the choices, but all-in-all, it's great.

I was kind of stubborn initially about not wanting to mess with the version I was so used to growing up with but I finally gave it a true full listen digitally just a few years back and I have liked it more and more over time so with the recent re-stock it was time to get it on vinyl for sure to be able to crank it on a real system. That's def. the first one i'm listening to out of this bunch.

I was kind of stubborn initially about not wanting to mess with the version I was so used to growing up with but I finally gave it a true full listen digitally just a few years back and I have liked it more and more over time so with the recent re-stock it was time to get it on vinyl for sure to be able to crank it on a real system. That's def. the first one i'm listening to out of this bunch.
I like having the original mix on CD and the Albini on vinyl. Feels like the right way to have it!

I went to a record show this morning. It was kind of disappointing, but as I was leaving I saw this Grateful Dead sticking out. I'm not sure how well it will play, because even though it was glossy it also has some questionable marks in the wax that I couldn't tell from a visual inspection if they would affect play or not. I also found this John McLaughlin promo that has similar spots on it. It was $20 for those two, and the Santana Miles was in perfect shape and he threw it in for free. So for those three it seemed an acceptable gamble rather than walking out empty handed after paying the entrance fee.
IMG_20220717_120540.jpg
GD is this pressing per dead wax.

Last edited:
Wow. How?
For Nevermind I knew Sub Pop's Canadian lawyer and he got me a copy of the demos from Pachyderm before them moved to record in LA.

Another friend is good friends with Bob Weston (engineer on In Utero) who gave him a copy of the rough mix of most of the tracks, 9-10 I think, and a couple of songs that ended up as b-sides.

Sadly I have long since lost the tapes

For Nevermind I knew Sub Pop's Canadian lawyer and he got me a copy of the demos from Pachyderm before them moved to record in LA.

Another friend is good friends with Bob Weston (engineer on In Utero) who gave him a copy of the rough mix of most of the tracks, 9-10 I think, and a couple of songs that ended up as b-sides.

Sadly I have long since lost the tapes
Wow, that’s cool!

Back