Fresh Grabs

View attachment 8319

This beauty just arrived. Limited to 1000 Music On Vinyl (marbled blue).

Since everyone is currently being fired from my work, and I'm off today... I'm going to put this on and hope that the same isn't going to happen to me when I get back on Wednesday...
I have no idea, haven't spun it yet. I will get back to you on that.

Hey where did you pick it up from? Been on the look out for this as well.

Another carboot haul today. Been a good couple of days. Spent an hour cleaning them all up and resleeving...before I even got around to playing them!

Miles Davis - Milestones (1966 Columbia 2 eye Stereo)
Sarah Vaughan, Miles Davis, Charlie Mingus, Dizzy Gillespie - Giganti Del Jazz Vol. 2 (1980 Italian compilation)
Herbie Hancock - Feets Don't Fail Me Now (1979 First Pressing)
- Interesting as this is the album where he turned to disco over jazz.
The Rolling Stones - Some Girls (1978 First press) - without the inner sleeve unfortunately
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973 First Press) - I currently have a copy with just the first record which I will PIF at some point.
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Looks to be a 1978 repress, with a cut-outs card insert)
Pet Shop Boys - Introspective Limited Edition+ (1988, 3x 12" limited edition set)
- This is my 3rd copy so look out for PIF's soon!!
Various - NME's Big Four (1986) - Been on the hunt for this just for the NME Version of Tom Waits - Downtown Train.
The Beatles - 1962-1966 (1973 first pressing)

View attachment 8199

I have one with just the second record. haha

It sounds like you two need to get together for a Reg Dwight party!

Well mi amigos my fresh grabs today is rather ridiculous tbh. I flew back to L.A. to help my father move and I’m right now taking a break going through my record collection here and it’s both impressive and overwhelming. I found a mono Kind of Blue 6 eye. Scratched, got my Autographed Stakes is high back, found my pre gas drawls Doom albums that he pressed up, and I’ve only been through 2 crates! I don’t know how I’m going to ship this stuff, but I’m going to get that done plus move my dad to a better apartment AND clean out the Hoard that my stepmom has amassed. Overwhelmed is an understatement.....wish me luck!

E59EDE92-5C91-4B20-86E4-3FC13137AD6E.jpeg

I went to my local Store today and got a copy of one of my favorite Merle Haggard Albums “Back To The Barrooms”, I received Black Puma (ATO variant) in the mail. The last two are some funky finds l: Pleasure - “Future Now” and Pucho & His Latin Soul Brothers - “Jungle Fever!” Both were purchased along with Merle. Good stuff!

Stopped into my local to browse the newly arrived used hip hop records. None moved me to buy, however I found 3 others.

RX Bandits are totally new to me. The art & packaging are beautiful. The genre description intrigued me. Double LP with a die-cut hole inside the gatefold where an eye peeks through.

Gut Bank is 80s dark (?) rock on Coyote-Twin/Tone. Worth a try.

And another copy of Obscured By Clouds, just becuz.

6F6B58E8-F1CB-4B70-B41A-287391FBCC7B.jpegDDE939D4-5A61-45B2-AC7D-B9208E9E7EEB.jpeg42F26A2A-07E5-4AE0-8A47-9D4EDE2225B1.jpeg2E5A6C9A-5D09-47E9-A625-885304749811.jpegAD42B178-9A06-4A2C-9F21-EC963C09E565.jpeg

Piggy-backed off the shipping I was already paying to pick up an item with the Amazon.co.uk voucher, I took this one from the warehouse deals - described as "very good / small mark on disc":

Anyway it arrived sealed and looks mint. I have no idea if the Amazon warehouse re-seals items but I'm pretty happy with paying 10 pounds for this awesome album
IMG_6606.JPG

Back