Fresh Grabs

Yes technically, but I am done. haha

Are you counting colabs like the ones with the band?

The Basement Tapes & Before The Flood I would count as Dylan albums. But The Concert For Bangladesh, although with a lot of Dylan, I would consider a George Harrison album. That reminds me I should watch the DVD I have of it.

The ones I need in the war with @Joe Mac are

Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Planet Waves
Saved
Empire Burlesque
Knocked Out Loaded
Down In The Groove
Under The Red Sky
Good As I Been To You
World Gone Wrong
Time Out Of Mind (A genuine omission)
Love And Theft (As is this)
Together Through Life
Christmas In The Heart
Fallen Angels
Triplicate
Before The Flood
At Budokhan

So I know the next two I should get. But i’ll Probably end up buying Empire Burlesque and Saved before them knowing my current form

To beat @Murfocakes i need

Self Portrait
Dylan
Planet Waves
Saved
Shot of Love
Infidels
Empire Burlesque 😥😥😥
Knocked Out Loaded
Down In The Groove
Oh Mercy
Under The Red Sky
Good As I’ve Been To You
World Gone Wrong
Together Through Life
Christmas In The Heart
Tempest
Shadows In The Night
Fallen Angels
Triplicate

As I also want the bootlegs and with them I need vols 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13...

Self Portrait
Dylan
Planet Waves
Saved
Shot of Love
Infidels
Empire Burlesque 😥😥😥
Knocked Out Loaded
Down In The Groove
Oh Mercy
Under The Red Sky
Good As I’ve Been To You
World Gone Wrong
Together Through Life
Christmas In The Heart
Tempest
Shadows In The Night
Fallen Angels
Triplicate

As I also want the bootlegs is need vols 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13...

Ahem, Real Live, Hard Rain (Really good) and such ilk. The Bootleg Series are v expensive for 6, 7, etc. I’m happy with official. And just getting them to rub salt into wounds

Ahem, Real Live, Hard Rain (Really good) and such ilk. The Bootleg Series are v expensive for 6, 7, etc. I’m happy with official. And just getting them to rub salt into wounds

They’ll be reissued like 1-3 and 5 were I’d hope, not that €70 for them was cheap...

Also, Joe doesn’t do live albums...

Maybe when I finish studio and bootleg I might go there, maybe...

The ones I need in the war with @Joe Mac are

Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Planet Waves
Saved
Empire Burlesque
Knocked Out Loaded
Down In The Groove
Under The Red Sky
Good As I Been To You
World Gone Wrong
Time Out Of Mind (A genuine omission)
Love And Theft (As is this)
Together Through Life
Christmas In The Heart
Fallen Angels
Triplicate
Before The Flood
At Budokhan

So I know the next two I should get. But i’ll Probably end up buying Empire Burlesque and Saved before them knowing my current form
So you’re saying my 7 isn’t gonna cut it? 😂😂

I’m determined, just like my Bowie collection I’m putting together to not get too far ahead of what I’m actually listening to. Dylan and Bowie were never part of my childhood (nor adulthood) until more recently. It’s such a fun thing to go through. Will probably go to 8 with all this talk this weekend !

Very nice! My box was nearly identical, except I got Sarah Webster Fabio instead of Loretta Lynn.

My Byrd inexplicably had ringwear on the back cover, but at $28 for the four, I can't complain. Record looked and sounded fine.

Meanwhile, here's a Goodwill thrift store find from yesterday. A dollar per record:

xKSYlyk.jpg

That Harry Partch/John Cage might be the most "conventional" record of the lot, lol

Nice! Two things.....1) we need a goodwill/Estate/Thrift Thread. 2) I need to post the ones I found yesterday at Goodwill.

Where’d you get it? I need that album in my life!
Apparently there was an old box of LP’s from 15 years ago discovered in storage and put up for sale on the QOTSA web store (along with The Eagles of Death Metal’s debut album) unfortunately there weren’t a ton of them and they sold out pretty fast. The silver lining (I guess) is there is a pretty decent MOV version from a few years back that have now become redundant to a chunk of fans now you might be able to find a copy of that version for a decent price on the secondary market.

Self Portrait
Dylan
Planet Waves
Saved
Shot of Love
Infidels
Empire Burlesque 😥😥😥
Knocked Out Loaded
Down In The Groove
Oh Mercy
Under The Red Sky
Good As I’ve Been To You
World Gone Wrong
Together Through Life
Christmas In The Heart
Tempest
Shadows In The Night
Fallen Angels
Triplicate

As I also want the bootlegs and with them I need vols 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13...

My copy of Dylan may have just shot up in value .....

Apparently there was an old box of LP’s from 15 years ago discovered in storage and put up for sale on the QOTSA web store (along with The Eagles of Death Metal’s debut album) unfortunately there weren’t a ton of them and they sold out pretty fast. The silver lining (I guess) is there is a pretty decent MOV version from a few years back that have now become redundant to a chunk of fans now you might be able to find a copy of that version for a decent price on the secondary market.

😮

Another carboot haul today. Been a good couple of days. Spent an hour cleaning them all up and resleeving...before I even got around to playing them!

Miles Davis - Milestones (1966 Columbia 2 eye Stereo)
Sarah Vaughan, Miles Davis, Charlie Mingus, Dizzy Gillespie - Giganti Del Jazz Vol. 2 (1980 Italian compilation)
Herbie Hancock - Feets Don't Fail Me Now (1979 First Pressing)
- Interesting as this is the album where he turned to disco over jazz.
The Rolling Stones - Some Girls (1978 First press) - without the inner sleeve unfortunately
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973 First Press) - I currently have a copy with just the first record which I will PIF at some point.
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Looks to be a 1978 repress, with a cut-outs card insert)
Pet Shop Boys - Introspective Limited Edition+ (1988, 3x 12" limited edition set)
- This is my 3rd copy so look out for PIF's soon!!
Various - NME's Big Four (1986) - Been on the hunt for this just for the NME Version of Tom Waits - Downtown Train.
The Beatles - 1962-1966 (1973 first pressing)

Back