Fresh Grabs

These last days were just crazy but finally took some time to bring some records home :

First, a fantastic triple PIF from our AOTM Lord @Murfocakes including the Lou Reed album. He wrote some beautiful words about this album and you MUST read it here! If you don't, you deserve to be cursed and receive warped records for the next ten years! Not as much as @Mather, I am not a monster!

Lou Reed - The Blue Mask (French OG press <3)
Guns'N'Rose - Appetite for Destruction
James Blake - James Blake

Two new additions to my Japanese jazz Project Re:Vinyl serie:

Zerosen - Sunrise
Takesi Inomata And Sound Limited ‎– Innocent Canon

And finally two French hip-hop classics I grabed yesterday:

ATK ‎– MICRO TEST
ATK ‎– On Fait Comme On A Dit

These last days were just crazy but finally took some time to bring some records home :

First, a fantastic triple PIF from our AOTM Lord @Murfocakes including the Lou Reed album. He wrote some beautiful words about this album and you MUST read it here! If you don't, you deserve to be cursed and receive warped records for the next ten years! Not as much as @Mather, I am not a monster!

Lou Reed - The Blue Mask (French OG press <3)
Guns'N'Rose - Appetite for Destruction
James Blake - James Blake
View attachment 8483

Two new additions to my Japanese jazz Project Re:Vinyl serie:

Zerosen - Sunrise
Takesi Inomata And Sound Limited ‎– Innocent Canon
View attachment 8484

And finally two French hip-hop classics I grabed yesterday:

ATK ‎– MICRO TEST
ATK ‎– On Fait Comme On A Dit
View attachment 8485

Heyooo! I couldn't help but notice someone mentioned me an-AWWW SONOFABITCH

Not a fresh grab, but inquiry.

Anyone pick up this pressing of Howard Jones? How's it sound?
I have it, in addition to the white Human's Lib, and think it sounds great.

View attachment 8566
[/QUOTE]
Just got the Qrates reissue of The Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter by The Incredible Stringband.

Talk about warpped.
View attachment 8567

View attachment 8566

Is there such thing as a fresh grabs jinx? Your kitchen looks somewhat like mine and I was like I’m pretty sure I didn’t take my photo there.

That sucks mine came flat and I was not optimistic about it’s condition coming from overseas and the piss poor shipper it was in.

Is there such thing as a fresh grabs jinx? Your kitchen looks somewhat like mine and I was like I’m pretty sure I didn’t take my photo there.

That sucks mine came flat and I was not optimistic about it’s condition coming from overseas and the piss poor shipper it was in.
[/QUOTE]
Lol! Idk, but I love my kitchen. And yeah, I spun the vinyl, it’s horrendous. I tried to upload the video, but the site doesn’t support .mov extensions. The warp is quite impressive.

Ventured to Mississippi Records in Portland yesterday and found a used OG copy of F#A# Infinity (I think) and a used copy of Little Dark Age for $12 and $16, respectively. Some of my favorite used finds so far!

20190625_182230.jpg

Also went to 2nd Ave Records and picked up Laurel Halo's DJ-Kicks for $28. Might take some time to warm up to...certainly an eclectic group of artists on this set. Was recommended this since I like Julia Holter (apparently she is friends with Laurel Halo). Easing my way into electronic music slowly but surely.

20190625_182402.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Did yours meet your expectations? Qrates said it would be a blue base with black and white mixed in, but mine is just blue.

So to update my post yesterday about being in L.A. and trying to finally retrieve my collection I found some real nice albums. Found a repress Of Pharaoh Sanders Karma, Lee Morgan Sidewinder in mono, A J Dilla Picture disk for shining, Charles Mingus Three Or Four Shades Of Blue, Horace Silver Silver N Brass, Carlos Garnett Black Love, Ellington Indigo, cannonball Adderley Mercy Mercy Mercy, Miles Davis Porgy and Bess, Ron Carter Yellow and green, and a bunch more. Now I gotta get then ready to ship.

Back