Fresh Grabs

Grabs over the last month. I feel like maybe I didn't buy enough Jazz? 🙃
View attachment 8622View attachment 8623
So much to mention with this post.

1. Sweet lord that's a fantastic haul!
2. The Tone Poets are the best releases this year, haven't had a negative thing to say about them yet.
3. The Studio Mule/Johnny's Disk reissues have been superb, fantastic music at a decent price.
4. The Tim Maia compilation is also brilliant. It covers a lot of the stuff on the 'Racional Vol 1 & 2' which was a bizarre and crazy time for Maia, he joined a cult where he only wore white clothes and had his band spray all their instruments white. They would play in fields hoping for aliens to see/hear them and land.....no joke.

Heard you have a pretty serious heatwave in Paris @Skalap? Perfect time to hide inside in the shade and spin a few of your recent pick ups!

Oh man I wish I could but probably won't have time before I come from vacations. I placed another few orders this morning at French Fnac. I'll have so much music to play when I'll come back home.

BTW, for my J-Jazz addicts friends, there is an authentic steal on one Akira Ishikawa's record. Best price you can find on Discogs is HMV in Japan at ±35€ + shipping or 120€ + shipping from Greece or 150€ + shipping from the Netherlands) :

Akira Ishikawa & Count Buffaloes ‎– ウガンダ = Uganda
(normal price 48,33€ - 60% = 19,33€)

No need to say that I grabbed one :) @ThePakoBuelna @Speedracer @Selaws @uvwxVinyl

Oh man I wish I could but probably won't have time before I come from vacations. I placed another few orders this morning at French Fnac. I'll have so much music to play when I'll come back home.

BTW, for my J-Jazz addicts friends, there is an authentic steal on one Akira Ishikawa's record. Best price you can find on Discogs is HMV in Japan at ±35€ + shipping or 120€ + shipping from Greece or 150€ + shipping from the Netherlands) :

View attachment 8625

No need to say that I grabbed one :) @ThePakoBuelna @Speedracer @Selaws @uvwxVinyl

That does sound like a steal! Nice!!

This Greensleeves album sounds soo lifelike, it's really unlike anything I've ever heard. The first time I heard the bass drum I actually thought the record was skipping 😲 It's really incredibly well recorded and this version by Impex really does it justice.

I believe you! The Three Blind Mice compilation they made is the best sounding record in my collection. It's like the musician are in front of me. Fantastic pressing. I've been eyeing the other releases from the serie but didn't found any at a "good" price.

View attachment 8625

You really are the devil! They really have some ridiculous deals I won't be able to resist if shipping isn't too bad.

You really are the devil! They really have some ridiculous deals I won't be able to resist if shipping isn't too bad.
Shipping was only €4,50 😂😅😭

Got Ray Charles - The Atlantic Years in mono (7LP!!!!!) for €43 😱
Larry Young - In Paris: The ORTF Recordings for €19 (great reissue from Resonance Records that goes for at least €45 on discogs)
And Jimmy Witherspoon - Evenin' Blues for €23 (Analogue Productions, which you can't find for under €40 in Europe)

@Skalap, this is your fault. I now really went over budget this month! (Good thing next month starts in 4 days 🤪😁😅😭)

Back