Fresh Grabs

Instant Buffett collection (I already have volcano and you had to be there) and other stuff... haha

View attachment 94896View attachment 94897
Well, you've got all the best Buffet albums there, so you're all set. Also, I cannot stand it when store put the sticker right on the sleeve. The store I go to does that and I have to leave them on, because they usually rip the sleeve if I try to remove them.

Well, you've got all the best Buffet albums there, so you're all set. Also, I cannot stand it when store put the sticker right on the sleeve. The store I go to does that and I have to leave them on, because they usually rip the sleeve if I try to remove them.
Luckily these come off easy, unless they’ve been on there for awhile. Also anything under $10 gets it right on the sleeve. Anything over gets a poly bag and the sticker on the poly. Understandable.

Most excited for Havana and 3/4 time
My copy of Havana Daydreamin was a $6 discount-bin grab and it sounds like utter trash. Just distorted and fuzzy all the way through. I'm guessing it was a constant spin from the previous owner. I still spin it regularly, because it's one of my favorite Buffet albums. I am partial to A1A, though, and (of course) Changes in Latitudes...

My copy of Havana Daydreamin was a $6 discount-bin grab and it sounds like utter trash. Just distorted and fuzzy all the way through. I'm guessing it was a constant spin from the previous owner. I still spin it regularly, because it's one of my favorite Buffet albums. I am partial to A1A, though, and (of course) Changes in Latitudes...
Sounds like it’s time to upgrade that Havana!

Want to try and start actively posting again, but man is the lighting in my room overwhelming. Too many damn windows.

Anyways if you're looking for a local record store to support on discogs, may I suggest 1234-Go! records, they're a small Oakland based record store specializing in Punk and Hardcore, but carry a variety of genres. They've funded multiple art shows and documentaries on East Bay Punk, and all their stock is on discogs. 1-2-3-4 GO! RECORDS

IMG_1115.JPG

David Bowie - Station to Station (2021, white)
Big Black - Songs About F*cking (2018)
Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today (2021, Red)

Also got a shipment from Metal Blade. Been getting into Death Metal this year and ordered that overpriced-ass vmp boxset because im a sucker. Here's the appetizer.
IMG_1118.JPG

Slayer - Show No Mercy (2021, Red)
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall (2017, Orange)
The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed (2018, Clear/Grey Split)

Honored to have picked up this copy of The Beatles: Live at the BBC from the Art Dudley collection. His daughter also included an extra 45 and one of Art’s Stereophile business cards, along with some nice notes. Thanks to @HiFi Guy for pointing these out, just been waiting for the right one. Going to wait and play this on the Thorens once I get the phono stage on Monday. 9B928C1A-9856-4AE5-92A5-B052DA3782B7.jpeg

Want to try and start actively posting again, but man is the lighting in my room overwhelming. Too many damn windows.

Anyways if you're looking for a local record store to support on discogs, may I suggest 1234-Go! records, they're a small Oakland based record store specializing in Punk and Hardcore, but carry a variety of genres. They've funded multiple art shows and documentaries on East Bay Punk, and all their stock is on discogs. 1-2-3-4 GO! RECORDS

View attachment 94989

David Bowie - Station to Station (2021, white)
Big Black - Songs About F*cking (2018)
Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today (2021, Red)

Also got a shipment from Metal Blade. Been getting into Death Metal this year and ordered that overpriced-ass vmp boxset because im a sucker. Here's the appetizer.
View attachment 94990

Slayer - Show No Mercy (2021, Red)
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall (2017, Orange)
The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed (2018, Clear/Grey Split)
Ooh, didn't know Gorilla Biscuits had been repressed.

Back