Fresh Grabs

Want to try and start actively posting again, but man is the lighting in my room overwhelming. Too many damn windows.

Anyways if you're looking for a local record store to support on discogs, may I suggest 1234-Go! records, they're a small Oakland based record store specializing in Punk and Hardcore, but carry a variety of genres. They've funded multiple art shows and documentaries on East Bay Punk, and all their stock is on discogs. 1-2-3-4 GO! RECORDS

View attachment 94989

David Bowie - Station to Station (2021, white)
Big Black - Songs About F*cking (2018)
Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today (2021, Red)

Also got a shipment from Metal Blade. Been getting into Death Metal this year and ordered that overpriced-ass vmp boxset because im a sucker. Here's the appetizer.
View attachment 94990

Slayer - Show No Mercy (2021, Red)
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall (2017, Orange)
The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed (2018, Clear/Grey Split)
Bowie to Gorilla Biscuits. That is quite a wiiiide spectrum. Saw a Gorilla Biscuits/Government Issue double bill once (though thinking about it may have been Uniform Choice)

Want to try and start actively posting again, but man is the lighting in my room overwhelming. Too many damn windows.

Anyways if you're looking for a local record store to support on discogs, may I suggest 1234-Go! records, they're a small Oakland based record store specializing in Punk and Hardcore, but carry a variety of genres. They've funded multiple art shows and documentaries on East Bay Punk, and all their stock is on discogs. 1-2-3-4 GO! RECORDS

View attachment 94989

David Bowie - Station to Station (2021, white)
Big Black - Songs About F*cking (2018)
Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today (2021, Red)

Also got a shipment from Metal Blade. Been getting into Death Metal this year and ordered that overpriced-ass vmp boxset because im a sucker. Here's the appetizer.
View attachment 94990

Slayer - Show No Mercy (2021, Red)
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From The Golden Hall (2017, Orange)
The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed (2018, Clear/Grey Split)
I’m super excited about their Pinhead Gunpowder reissues this year. Got Jump Salty pre-ordered.

Just saw this coming soon and thought of you.

And if any European members are interested, there is an EU edition pressed at Pallas, US version pressed at RTI.

Digging this one, thanks for the recommendation. Do you know if it would get a wider distribution or is the only way to usually order these through the label themselves?

Well, you've got all the best Buffet albums there, so you're all set. Also, I cannot stand it when store put the sticker right on the sleeve. The store I go to does that and I have to leave them on, because they usually rip the sleeve if I try to remove them.
As an ex bookstore worker, you can use the butane (that you would charge a Zippo lighter with) and a cotton ball -- and you should be able to remove a sticker without damaging the sleeve. The evaporation point on the butane is low (rapid) but it will still dissolve the glue on the sticker. (Caveat: practice!)

1. Put butane on sticker
2. Wait (30-90 seconds?)
3. Take it off

Don't smoke while doing this....

Binker Golding , John Edwards , Steve Noble - Moon Day (ByrdOut, 2021 Limited Pressing)
The Victor Feldman Quartet - Modern Jazz Quartet (Tempo Records, 1956 First Sample 10" Pressing)

A nice couple of gems this week. The Binker Golding is an avant-garde/experimental session that is limited to 300. I believe a second coloured pressing is already in the works. The Victor Feldman is a super rarity on the legendary Tempo label. The Tempo masters were destroyed in the 80's and there are very few reissues. This 10" pressing is mega rare (supposedly only 6 people have it on discogs) and this is a sample pressing.

IMG_8713.JPG

Lotsa Fresh Grabs
4CDE0FC4-E33B-49A4-AAB4-EC25BF0EF1D3.jpeg
Dinosaur Jr. - Without A Sound
J Mascis - Elastic Days
Tony Molina - Dissed & Dismissed
Tony Molina - Kill The Lights
Grinderman - Grinderman
The Roots - Do You Want More?!!!??!
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Black & Blue
Floating Points & Pharoah Sanders - Promises [180 gram]

Lots of records from this week. Promises was a Reddit trade. Happy to have it. This is one of my favorite releases of the year so far. The two Tony Molina albums were Bandcamp Friday pick ups. The other 5 I just picked up from my local record store during my lunch break. I mainly went in to grab the Dinosaur Jr. album but I had a 20% off stamp card full so I picked up a few other albums while I was there. Nothing too out of the ordinary except maybe Harold Melvin. I grabbed that because today challenged was to play a Disco album and I don’t own in Classic 70s Disco records so I decided to pick up the the record that started off the Disco crazy with the invention of the Four-On-The-Floor Beat. Oh, I also picked up a couple more of the 33 1/3 Book Series this time I grabbed classics You’re Living All Over Me and Marquee Moon.

Visited a friend in Berkley today, got some more heat at Amoeba. Traded in a bunch of older records and my old dvd collection. From one media format to another...

Unwound - No Energy
Unwound - Empire

Grabbed these after putting them off for so long, should go oop/oos sooner or later. If anyone has a lead on a cheap copy of Rat Conspiracy, please let me know!
IMG_1123.JPG

Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Stereolab - Transient Random Noise Bursts With Announcements
Spacemen 3 - Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To

More psych reissues that I've putting off buying because of the price tag,
IMG_1124.JPG

....and then I walked across the street to Rasputin. I thought they closed, was suprised to see them back in business, decided to hop in, ended up supporting the business and buying these.

Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Napalm Death - Scum
Adolescents - Adolescents

IMG_1125.JPG

Been selling off a lot of the older (mostly vmp) records that have doubled or tripled in price inexplicably, contributing those funds to music I'll actually spin frequently.

Visited a friend in Berkley today, got some more heat at Amoeba. Traded in a bunch of older records and my old dvd collection. From one media format to another...

Unwound - No Energy
Unwound - Empire

Grabbed these after putting them off for so long, should go oop/oos sooner or later. If anyone has a lead on a cheap copy of Rat Conspiracy, please let me know!
View attachment 95193

Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Stereolab - Transient Random Noise Bursts With Announcements
Spacemen 3 - Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To

More psych reissues that I've putting off buying because of the price tag,
View attachment 95194

....and then I walked across the street to Rasputin. I thought they closed, was suprised to see them back in business, decided to hop in, ended up supporting the business and buying these.

Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Napalm Death - Scum
Adolescents - Adolescents

View attachment 95195

Been selling off a lot of the older (mostly vmp) records that have doubled or tripled in price inexplicably, contributing those funds to music I'll actually spin frequently.
Lots of fire in these grabs. I need some Darkthrone and Napalm Death LPs.

Today's entry: Fiona Apple FTBC

Usually Pepper likes Fiona as, one, she feels a kinship with a strong female at the top of her profession (Pepper is a professional fetcher; although never bolt cutters); and, two, she feels a bond given their produce-related names.

HOWEVER, Pepper is giving this one the cold shoulder as she was not contacted to be part of the doggo ensemble. She's spent years honing her art as a rhythmic snorter and she, quite honestly, feels snubbed that she wasn't asked to be on the album.

I like the album and that's causing some conflict between us. But I gave her a treat so she'll suffer through it.
PXL_20210411_003638210.jpg

Back