Fresh Grabs

Lord Diaper Baby

Some of these are fresh-ish. I was gone for a year and my wife was kind enough to hold onto them. Now I'm slowly going through them. A few I got since I've been back.

Fiona Apple When the Pawn...VMP
PXL_20210408_023951327.jpg

Armand Hammer - Shrines
PXL_20210408_023905942.jpg

Prince - The Rainbow Children...funk yeah!!!!
PXL_20210408_023813786.MP.jpg

Prince SOTT - peach vinyl. I got the CD and vinyl box sets too of the RMs but Prince is an artist I you only YOLO once with every time
PXL_20210408_023804223.MP.jpg

OG Canadian copy of Tears for Fears - Seeds of Love. I bought this when I got back. Seller graded it M/M but opened and played. Newer seller. I obviously new it wasnt mint in the vinyl by definition nor did I think the jacket would be. But the price was actually really good and all 6 of their discogs ratings were positive. Vinyl actually played great. A solid NM. Jacket was a VG- w a small seam split on top and showing its age in other places. But I was happy for the price. I did send the seller a long message encouraging them to take grading more seriously because there would be buyers who would ride him about that M/M shit. I declined to leave any feedback.
PXL_20210408_023745505.jpg

Mingus Ah Um MOFI One Step
PXL_20210408_023715263.jpg

Belladonna VMP. meh. Not an exciting pick. One of the last I got from VMP
PXL_20210408_023649900.MP.jpg

McCoy Tuner - Sahara VMP. Stellar pick
PXL_20210408_023641718.jpg

Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages VMP
PXL_20210408_023552749.jpg

Gibbs/Alchemist - Alfredo
PXL_20210408_023542358.jpg

TenderLovingKiller®

Some of these are fresh-ish. I was gone for a year and my wife was kind enough to hold onto them. Now I'm slowly going through them. A few I got since I've been back.

Fiona Apple When the Pawn...VMP
View attachment 94744

Armand Hammer - Shrines
View attachment 94745

Prince - The Rainbow Children...funk yeah!!!!
View attachment 94746

Prince SOTT - peach vinyl. I got the CD and vinyl box sets too of the RMs but Prince is an artist I you only YOLO once with every time
View attachment 94747

OG Canadian copy of Tears for Fears - Seeds of Love. I bought this when I got back. Seller graded it M/M but opened and played. Newer seller. I obviously new it wasnt mint in the vinyl by definition nor did I think the jacket would be. But the price was actually really good and all 6 of their discogs ratings were positive. Vinyl actually played great. A solid NM. Jacket was a VG- w a small seam split on top and showing its age in other places. But I was happy for the price. I did send the seller a long message encouraging them to take grading more seriously because there would be buyers who would ride him about that M/M shit. I declined to leave any feedback.
View attachment 94748

Mingus Ah Um MOFI One Step
View attachment 94749

Belladonna VMP. meh. Not an exciting pick. One of the last I got from VMP
View attachment 94750

McCoy Tuner - Sahara VMP. Stellar pick
View attachment 94751

Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages VMP
View attachment 94752

Gibbs/Alchemist - Alfredo
View attachment 94753
Nice grabs! Welcome back Stateside.

Lord Diaper Baby

Nice grabs! Welcome back Stateside.
I've got a lot more to get through but I'm trying to not allow the buying, cleaning, curation parts of the hobby to monopolize it anymore and just the listening and enjoying. So I've been cleaning 1-2 daily (or none at all). Making the effort to not let a hobby control me

Skeletonframes

Instant Buffett collection (I already have volcano and you had to be there) and other stuff... haha

View attachment 94896View attachment 94897
Well, you've got all the best Buffet albums there, so you're all set. Also, I cannot stand it when store put the sticker right on the sleeve. The store I go to does that and I have to leave them on, because they usually rip the sleeve if I try to remove them.

feesrevenge

Well, you've got all the best Buffet albums there, so you're all set. Also, I cannot stand it when store put the sticker right on the sleeve. The store I go to does that and I have to leave them on, because they usually rip the sleeve if I try to remove them.
Luckily these come off easy, unless they’ve been on there for awhile. Also anything under $10 gets it right on the sleeve. Anything over gets a poly bag and the sticker on the poly. Understandable.

Skeletonframes

Most excited for Havana and 3/4 time
My copy of Havana Daydreamin was a $6 discount-bin grab and it sounds like utter trash. Just distorted and fuzzy all the way through. I'm guessing it was a constant spin from the previous owner. I still spin it regularly, because it's one of my favorite Buffet albums. I am partial to A1A, though, and (of course) Changes in Latitudes...