Fresh Grabs

Was really excited about these, had to open them at work already:

Wonderful PIF from @apassant which takes my Bowie collection up to 4

IMG_6519.JPG

eBay item I won that I've been longing for. This is the one with the slight misprint on the jacket which people seem to make a big deal about as it also identifies first pressing (and hence sells for bit more)

IMG_6520.JPG

Past week’s groobles:

Super big thanks to my man @Poly-Rythmo for keeping me abreast of Superfly Paris dropping a nice haul of free jazzers. Spent too much but these don’t come about every day.

5C20C729-FE88-4AB0-8A37-B63BD515CC41.jpeg

5D5A2748-B46B-40EF-AAD7-437DD50B32C6.jpeg

DC65A59B-8D81-421E-AED2-DE3B7544CB3B.jpeg

A couple from eil

52DB9608-633C-45F3-B5CD-025C1B26FC1B.jpeg

Some bits from Flashback and Amazon France
48756EE0-4D34-4D26-B014-464E36B486F6.jpeg

93416ECC-33D9-4D40-AAE2-E12EA3512702.jpeg

And thanks to @Selaws for the tip on Heritage I, seems to have been Norman Records clearing their overstock on these

1F8D4E85-F43D-4BE7-9083-356B520A534B.jpeg

another good day in the panino household
(I like my delivery man!)

from the Top:
HHV sales came in strong with this Orkestra Akokan for 13€ and change
Orgone was not discounted but it was essential!
the 2 Heritage, on blue and one red, for the FANTASTIC N&G AOTM Volume Zero (by the way, starting with a bigger bang was not possible!)
Space echo is a fantastic story of Cabo Verde music, released by Analog Africa, with a truly interesting booklet that narrates the story of how a generation of Cabo Verdian musicians was born (it involves disappearing cargoes, spaceships, extraterrestrials and natural talent).
and finally, Minyo Crusaders, again from the good man that is @Skalap , our agent from Paris, a truly weird album of traditional Japanese songs reinterpreted in different musical genres... a gem, really.

C7vB5ey.jpg

Got this in the mail today for 3.80$ (shipping included in price)

Past week’s groobles:

Super big thanks to my man @Poly-Rythmo for keeping me abreast of Superfly Paris dropping a nice haul of free jazzers. Spent too much but these don’t come about every day.

View attachment 4649

View attachment 4650

View attachment 4651

A couple from eil

View attachment 4652

View attachment 4653

View attachment 4655

And thanks to @Selaws for the tip on Heritage I, seems to have been Norman Records clearing their overstock on these

View attachment 4654
I was in an aggressive bidding wat a few moths back for an original copy of that Noah Howard (went too high for me, into the hundreds I believe), very jealous you got that!

Out of interest were the tone poets from flashback or amazon fr? They’re the two I’m after at the moment and if it’s flashback I can pop to their shoreditch store after work.

No worries with the Heritage, it’s a fantastic set and great pic from @Skalap

I was in an aggressive bidding wat a few moths back for an original copy of that Noah Howard (went too high for me, into the hundreds I believe), very jealous you got that!

Out of interest were the tone poets from flashback or amazon fr? They’re the two I’m after at the moment and if it’s flashback I can pop to their shoreditch store after work.

No worries with the Heritage, it’s a fantastic set and great pic from @Skalap

All the BN/Verve stuff was from Amazon.fr - I did alright out of them in the end, they were a decent price, then I got a promo for money off for 50€ spend and then several of them must have dropped even lower during the pre-order period which they honoured even with the promo.

EDIT: Looking forward to the Noah too, this is a first German in pretty good looking shape, bit of writing on the sleeve unfortunately but nothing drastic.

Last edited:
20190605_195931.jpg

The batch above is from Acoustic Sounds, whose occasional 10% off sales always inspire me to order some records.

I heard great reports about the Ellington reissue and look forward to enjoying it tomorrow, which is our Memorial Day here in Korea.

20190605_200046.jpg

The second batch comes from two separate orders. Roxy Music RSD and Michel Legrand come from Aladin (a large Korean online bookseller). The Legrand is the 33rpm version from Impex, whose more recent 45rpm version I have on preorder with Amazon.

The bottom two are from Amazon. I had passed on both at the RSD event here, but ended up having speculative orders fulfilled. I already had the original Japanese Hancock, but having a new version is nice.

The batch above is from Acoustic Sounds, whose occasional 10% off sales always inspire me to order some records.

I heard great reports about the Ellington reissue and look forward to enjoying it tomorrow, which is our Memorial Day here in Korea.

The second batch comes from two separate orders. Roxy Music RSD and Michel Legrand come from Aladin (a large Korean online bookseller). The Legrand is the 33rpm version from Impex, whose more recent 45rpm version I have on preorder with Amazon.

The bottom two are from Amazon. I had passed on both at the RSD event here, but ended up having speculative orders fulfilled. I already had the original Japanese Hancock, but having a new version is nice.
Is that the mono or stereo of Pet Sounds? I've been eying it for a long time since my gf loves the Beach Boys but haven't pulled the trigger yet and haven't done enough research into which one is meant to be better. Would love to know your thoughts on how that version sounds once you have a chance to listen! Nice hauls overall there!

Is that the mono or stereo of Pet Sounds? I've been eying it for a long time since my gf loves the Beach Boys but haven't pulled the trigger yet and haven't done enough research into which one is meant to be better. Would love to know your thoughts on how that version sounds once you have a chance to listen! Nice hauls overall there!

It is mono, 33. I will share my thoughts after spending time with it.

Past week’s groobles:

View attachment 4649

View attachment 4650

View attachment 4651

A couple from eil

View attachment 4652

View attachment 4653

View attachment 4655

View attachment 4654

Screenshot_20190605-201835_1.jpg

@Dark Star Boogie -- how does the SRX sound? Any noticeable differences to the MM? I haven't gotten around to any SRX purchases yet since I'm slowly making my way through the Music Matters releases.
Honestly, I sort of thought it sounded better but I’ve only had one spin with it. I’d like to compare it to my MM Speak No Evil to get a full evaluation. I remember being really impressed with some of the percussion on Adam’s Apple. Sounded like it was right there at points.

I’ll do side by side comparison tonight. Maybe even throw in one of the MM 45rpms. Will update you with my findings when they occur.

Back