Fresh Grabs

So my ImportCDs (AKA: my, Instead of buying the VMP “Who Sampled” bundle) order came through and I am super happy with it...
Incredible Bongo Band - Bongo Rock
Pastor T.L. Barrett - Like a Ship...(Without a Sail)
Jean-Jacques Perry - Moog Indigo
Circles Around The Sun - Let It Wander
Chakachas - Chakachas
Chakachas - Jungle Fever

This is a good funky AF group of records. I did spend a little more than the VMP bundle but I get twice as many albums and I don’t have to wait for VMP to get them sent out. Definitely happy with my decision.

Last edited:
Ohhhh I've been waiting for someone to pick this one up, it looks gorgeous. How does it sound? Has that live recording been cleaned up at all?
Finally listening to the live set - not sure what to compare it to but it's pretty noisy and overall just ok sounding. I doubt I'll listen to it much. But the main album is fantastic!!

You know, it still bothers me that they picked 2/19/71, which is a slightly above average show, for that release over 2/18/71, which is utterly transcendent and featured the so-called Beautiful Jam in the Dark Star.
Can’t argue with that. And, that “Dark Star” is something else. I’ve shed a few tears to that beauty, that’s for sure

So my ImportCDs (AKA: my, Instead of buying the VMP “Who Sampled” bundle) order came through and I am super happy with it...
View attachment 4181
View attachment 4182
Incredible Bongo Band - Bongo Rock
Pastor T.L. Barrett - Like a Ship...(Without a Sail)
Jean-Jacques Perry - Moog Indigo
Circles Around The Sun - Let It Wander
Chakachas - Chakachas
Chakachas - Jungle Fever

This is a good funky AF group of records. I did spend a little more than the VMP bundle but I get twice as many albums and I don’t have to wait for VMP to get them sent out. Definitely happy with my decision.

Never heard of these Chakachas but I see the Brewed in Belgium sticker, I'll have to give it a listen. Thanks!

The Verve - Urban Hymns

Big big big thanks to @Gavaxeman for PIFing me this one. Been on my list for a while, and im really unfamiliar with The Verve other than their iconic 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' so I look forward to listening to this!

View attachment 4446
You're in for a treat, this is a fantastic album. Lucky Man is such a gem, as are Sonnet and The Drugs Don't Work.

The Verve - Urban Hymns

Big big big thanks to @Gavaxeman for PIFing me this one. Been on my list for a while, and im really unfamiliar with The Verve other than their iconic 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' so I look forward to listening to this!

View attachment 4446
You are a “Lucky Man” indeed!

Picked up some bits and pieces over the weekend from a carboot (flea market).

First up is an assortment of soul/funk 7". I've got to know the record dealers that sold me these over the past few weeks and they always tend to give me a good deal, especially on jazz (although I didnt pick any jazz records up from them this week).

Next up is a load of old school jazz (plus Dylan). These are too cheap to pass up (50p - £1 each) and worth it as the records themselves are in decent condition. I wont list all the titles but theres Dave Brubeck, Charles Mingus, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Gerry Mulligan, etc.

My favourite purchase of the week though is something I have been after for a while. Its certainly less sophisticated than a custom flip bin but after lining the insides and adding some felt pads to the underside, it will certainly do the job.

IMG_3186 2.JPGIMG_3188.JPG

Back