Fresh Grabs

7v5nbbi.jpg

Picked up some bits and pieces over the weekend from a carboot (flea market).

First up is an assortment of soul/funk 7". I've got to know the record dealers that sold me these over the past few weeks and they always tend to give me a good deal, especially on jazz (although I didnt pick any jazz records up from them this week).

View attachment 4449

Next up is a load of old school jazz (plus Dylan). These are too cheap to pass up (50p - £1 each) and worth it as the records themselves are in decent condition. I wont list all the titles but theres Dave Brubeck, Charles Mingus, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Gerry Mulligan, etc.

View attachment 4451

My favourite purchase of the week though is something I have been after for a while. Its certainly less sophisticated than a custom flip bin but after lining the insides and adding some felt pads to the underside, it will certainly do the job.

View attachment 4453

View attachment 4454View attachment 4455

Always good to have some Portuguese stuff at home. Great grabs, as usual!

So all of this was waiting for me when I got home.

First up @Twentytwo they may not have come fast, but they are basically perfect (there is a small crease on the back cover of Fossils that I didn’t notice until I took it out of the shrink):
8D42A19F-80BF-43FB-AE28-B50B3EAEB25C.jpeg

And my wife got me this! It’s basically a PiF from a friend of her’s at work:
96E6CC16-3988-4AA4-BF8D-C43069A9624A.jpeg

I’m gonna need to recover for a few months, but I’ll be back with more MM. The SRX vinyl sounds really damn good, like the percussion in Adam’s Apple was blowing my mind to an extent.

I want to say it sounds the best of all my MM Shorter presses, but I’ll save that close comparison for another day.

Nothing more than Tone Poets and BN80 presses thes next few months. Mighty need to dip into some of the Verve/Impulse reissues too.

So all of this was waiting for me when I got home.

First up @Twentytwo they may not have come fast, but they are basically perfect (there is a small crease on the back cover of Fossils that I didn’t notice until I took it out of the shrink):
View attachment 4497

And my wife got me this! It’s basically a PiF from a friend of her’s at work:
View attachment 4498
Whats the deets on the guitar? Doesnt look like a Gibson. An ES Clone?

Got this Urban Outfitters exclusive in today. It was supposed to be blue in color. They didn’t notify their customers at all when they changed the color to black and instead included an art print. Different barcode too, the back hype sticker still says Blue, the front says black.🙄 No discogs entry yet. 5BE4D496-83FE-4909-ACB4-211B94B88313.jpeg

Got this Urban Outfitters exclusive in today. It was supposed to be blue in color. They didn’t notify their customers at all when they changed the color to black and instead included an art print. Different barcode too, the back hype sticker still says Blue, the front says black.🙄 No discogs entry yet. View attachment 4516
Urban outfitters taking notes from VMP.

Fresh HHV delivery :

V.A. - Soul Slabs Volume 1 (Black Vinyl Edition)
Barbara Howard - On The Rise (Black Vinyl Edition)
Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio - Close But No Cigar (Black Vinyl Edition)
Kelly Finnigan - The Tales People Tell (Black Vinyl Edition)
Horace Tapscott - The Call
Horace Tapscott with The Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra - Horace Tapscott with The Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra Live At I.U.C.C
Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

P_20190604_101303.jpgP_20190604_101349.jpg

Back