Fresh Grabs

Metal anyone?

9ECDBEBE-90BA-442C-960C-2977BF0049DD.jpeg

Thanks to the N&G Record of the Month Thread I have been revisiting a genre I have enjoyed but sadly
neglected as of late.

Slayer - Reign Of Blood
Green Druid - Ashen Blood
Red Fang - Red Fang
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Slayer and Green Druid were recent pick ups from the local record store. Reign of Blood is a VG+/VG+ original pressing I found in the recent arrival bin on a day they were having a 20% off sale. Green Druid was introduced to my by the N&G ROTM Thread and is some super dank psych Doom Metal.

Red Fang and Pantera have long been favorites but were missing from my collection and I figured Now was the time to rectify that. Picked these both up for a fair price via Amazon. The Pantera album is particularly well done. It sounds great and the jacket is incredibly heavy stock. It feels substantial. I would also like to pick up a copy of Far Beyond Driven but they decided to go with the unfortunate original album artwork instead of the IMO far superior more common album art. I just don’t know if I want to look at someone being sodomized by a drill every time I wanna spin “5 Minutes Alone”. Regardless, I felt I needed more metal in my life and I feel like this is mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Metal anyone?

View attachment 11957

Thanks to the N&G Record of the Month Thread I have been revisiting a genre I have enjoyed but sadly
neglected as of late.

Slayer - Reign Of Blood
Green Druid - Ashen Blood
Red Fang - Red Fang
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Slayer and Green Druid were recent pick ups from the local record store. Reign of Blood is a VG+/VG+ original pressing I found in the recent arrival bin on a day they were having a 20% off sale. Green Druid was introduced to my by the N&G ROTM Thread and is some super dank psych Doom Metal.

Red Fang and Pantera have long been favorites but were missing from my collection and I figured Now was the time to rectify that. Picked these both up for a fair price via Amazon. The Pantera album is particularly well done. It sounds great and the jacket is incredibly heavy stock. It feels substantial. I would also like to pick up a copy of Far Beyond Driven but they decided to go with the unfortunate original album artwork instead of the IMO far superior more common album art. I just don’t know if I want to look at someone being sodomized by a drill every time I wanna spin “5 Minutes Alone”. Regardless, I felt I needed more metal in my life and I feel like this is mission accomplished.

Very jealous of the OG Slayer. I desperately want a copy. Such an incredible, brutal album.

How is it? I read recently that this is down to the last 500 on his site now.

Drawings are nice and the book is very well made. The pockets for the vinyl records appear to be snug fit, as they probably should be to keep the records from sliding out too easily, but I am just going to keep the records in separate jackets.

Firey Jazz haul day 5

John Jenkins With Kenny Burrell (Blue Note, 1981 Japanese King reissue)

I was actually after a copy of this for a while when this one popped up. I haven't listened to a King pressing before, but have heard good things. The record is minty fresh as well so hopefully its a good sounding record!

Sonny Rollins - A Night At The Village Vanguard (Blue Note, 1986 Cadre Rouge Audiophile Edition pressing - DMM)
The eagle eyed among you might remember that I picked up a 3rd pressing of this the other week, but this has something the other doesnt.....its signed by the man himself. It was signed in Italy around 2009 with the silver pen. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a pen explosion and the cover ended up getting splattered a bit, but luckily the signature wasn't too badly hit. An interesting piece for sure!

IMG_4742 2.JPG

Back