Fresh Grabs

Firey Jazz haul day 5. Its time for the heavy hitters, strap in tight.

Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Barney Wilen - Soundtrack From The Film 'Dangerous Friendships' - Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Fontana, 1960 Original UK pressing)
For whatever reason the UK pressing of this record is really rare, the last one was sold on Discogs a few years back and the couple that are for sale are crazy expensive. This is a super mint copy, its like the records never been played! Fun fact, the score also featured Thelonious Monk.

Miles Davis ‎– 'Round About Midnight (Philips, 1957 Original UK Mono pressing)
Another odd one as this UK pressing is also rare, there's currently 1 listed for sale on discogs for £200 (highly doubt anyone would pay that) with just 7 people claiming to own a copy.

View attachment 11718

Bill Evans Trio featuring Scott La Faro - Sunday At The Village Vanguard (Riverside, 1961 Original US Mono pressing)
Shouldnt need much of an intro, it's a classic that almost always makes it into the 'top jazz albums' lists. It also marks Bassist Scott La Faro's last recording with Evans before he lost his life in a car crash (10 days after recording this fantastic album). This is an amazingly clean copy, the previous owner clearly looked after this well, hopefully I will be able to keep it in the same condition (but obviously more played!) for the foreseeable future!

View attachment 11721

Lee Morgan ‎– Vol. 3 (Blue Note, 1957 Original Mono press, 47 West 63rd NYC, Rudy Van Gelder and 'P' ear stamp)
Now this is an album that I never dreamed of owning. I have actually been looking up the history of their sales on popsike since Christmas and this one amazingly came my way. The sleeve and record have seen better days for sure, when it arrived I spent a good 45mins carefully cleaning it. Such an amazing album and just think, Morgan was just 19 years old when he recorded this. Mindblowing.

View attachment 11724
I scored a cheap MM press of Volume 3 on ebay a few months back, and man i find myself spinning it more frequently than I expected. It’s a great album, hardly ever see it discussed, and that’s insane that he was only 19.

View attachment 11762

Grabbed this at Target today. Pushing through my hip-hop journey with an album that gets a lot of praise. Can't wait to try it out!

I have one as well, and it sounds exactly the same as the standard US press that I sold. No dynamics, and pressed rather quiet.
The clear vinyl is certainly nice. Expect this to gain some value in the coming months if only for it being a (uncommon?) variant.

I went a little crazy with the deep discount sale, so I’m still working through the 18 records I bought. This morning, I thought It feels like a Willie Nelson morning and opened the record and put it on without looking at the label. Imagine my surprise when the music started. Now the question is, do I contact deep discount? I’m afraid they’re going to make me return this.

5CA3F878-82CA-45F0-89BD-AA4F66B85C7F.jpeg

This is an album by the Black Keys, the name of this album is WARPED beyond recognition.
lHZUYRb.jpg

Thanks USPS.
Was really looking forward to spinning this too.

Yay it came in! I love this soundtrack - it's for an Indie game called "VA-11 HA11-A" - I liked it so much that I bought the game (which is ok).
But I couldn't find this anywhere as it was all sold out - but they recently reissued it

Don't know how to describe it, it's electronic - a bit Vaporwavey - a bit cyberpunk.

IMG_20190720_135150.jpg

Last edited:
1985 pink/grey marbles promo copy of Kate Bush Hounds of Love. Late night Reverb LP impulse buy. Appreciate the sticker on packing.

Attachments

• 17486C4B-5A56-48C4-9CF2-467E30AAC818.jpeg
    17486C4B-5A56-48C4-9CF2-467E30AAC818.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 8
  • F12CDF3E-B6EF-4641-845B-A15455BE872F.jpeg
    F12CDF3E-B6EF-4641-845B-A15455BE872F.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 8
Back