Fresh Grabs

The first package of fiery jazz to arrive. I have a handful of packages arriving (hopefully) this week and it's going to be the biggest week I am likely to ever have in terms of rare jazz. There are 2 records which I honestly never imagined I would own coming soon. It's going to get better as the week progresses for sure. But first up we have:

The Ornette Coleman Trio ‎– At The "Golden Circle" Stockholm - Volume Two (Blue Note, Van Gelder Stamp, 'P' ear)

A mystery to me as to which pressing this is. It's definitely early, potentially a second pressing but there's a few bits that throw me off. I posted about it here on the Blue Note thread if anyone wants more info. Absolute steal whichever pressing it is.

George Braith ‎– Soul Stream (Blue Note, 1963, First Pressing, Van Gelder stamp, 'P' ear)

Really fantastic album featuring the killer Grant Green (my favourite jazz guitarist). What makes this album interesting is that George Braith made a name for himself by playing an alto and tenor sax's at the same time (similar to Roland Kirk) and actually created a new instrument as well, the Braithophone. However, this album moves away from the 'novelty' of playing 2 at the same time and is, arguably, a much more focused album. Some fantastic music!

Sonny Rollins ‎– A Night At The "Village Vanguard" (Blue Note, Mono 3rd pressing, Van Gelder stamp)

One of the greatest, IMO, live jazz albums of all time. I have been after an early pressing for a while but they always seem to go for mega money (I saw an exact same pressing as this in G+ condition sell for just shy of £200 earlier this year). I chatted to a guy over Instagram and he gave me an amazingly good deal on this. Its arrived and its in stunning condition (other than a few marks on the jacket), im actually giddy with excitement :ROFLMAO:

Cheers!

Had a blast this weekend in Montreal. Really a lovely city.

I hit up Cheap Thrills, The Death of Vinyl, Aux 33 Tours.

Cheap Thrills - Cool little store, but pretty small. Didn't pick anything up.
Death of Vinyl - This store was dope, but nothing jumped out to me, except The Clipse - "Funeral" test pressing which my colleague beat me to.
Aux 33 Tours - This store is huge, has a nice mix of new and used and I could of spent way more time here. All my purchases came from here.

Got to love the US dollar in Canada.

Also shout out to @teefer for some great Montreal recommendations :)montrealrecs.jpg

Back