Fresh Grabs

Day 3 (from yesterday - I will post today's tonight if they arrive) of the fiery Jazz haul. Some oddities here for sure.

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things (Atlantic, 1965 Original French Mono press)
This is the original french pressing (although the actual first US press came out in '61) with an alternative cover compared with the original. Its one that I actually prefer and there was a recent reissue which actually used this design instead. Super minty copy.

The Ornette Coleman Quartet - This Is Our Music (London Atlantic Records, 1961 Original UK press)

Been on a Ornette Coleman rabbit hole recently and saw this for a reasonable amount. Another super clean copy. Im not sure how the London Atlantic pressings compare to the Atlantic pressings (or whether these even a noticeable difference?) but excited to give it a spin anyway!

Miles Davis - On The Corner (Colombia, 1972 Original US Pressing)
The Jazz-Funk classic from Miles. I have been listening to his full discography (as leader) from beginning to end and forgot how funky this album is. This copy has a few light marks on the record and the gatefold has signs of ring-wear/rubbing. Not a bad grab though.

Jackie McLean - 'Bout Soul (Blue Note, 1968 Original Pressing)
This features a line up which im not too familiar with, but that I have been meaning to check out more. Specifically Rashied Ali on drums (he featured on Alice Coltrane & Pharoah Sanders ‎– Journey In Satchidananda) and Grachan Moncur III (I believe he worked with Archie Shepp for a while?).

Day 3 (from yesterday - I will post today's tonight if they arrive) of the fiery Jazz haul. Some oddities here for sure.

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things (Atlantic, 1965 Original French Mono press)
This is the original french pressing (although the actual first US press came out in '61) with an alternative cover compared with the original. Its one that I actually prefer and there was a recent reissue which actually used this design instead. Super minty copy.

The Ornette Coleman Quartet - This Is Our Music (London Atlantic Records, 1961 Original UK press)
Been on a Ornette Coleman rabbit hole recently and saw this for a reasonable amount. Another super clean copy. Im not sure how the London Atlantic pressings compare to the Atlantic pressings (or whether these even a noticeable difference?) but excited to give it a spin anyway!

Miles Davis - On The Corner (Colombia, 1972 Original US Pressing)
The Jazz-Funk classic from Miles. I have been listening to his full discography (as leader) from beginning to end and forgot how funky this album is. This copy has a few light marks on the record and the gatefold has signs of ring-wear/rubbing. Not a bad grab though.

Jackie McLean - 'Bout Soul (Blue Note, 1968 Original Pressing)
This features a line up which im not too familiar with, but that I have been meaning to check out more. Specifically Rashied Ali on drums (he featured on Alice Coltrane & Pharoah Sanders ‎– Journey In Satchidananda) and Grachan Moncur III (I believe he worked with Archie Shepp for a while?).

View attachment 11575

Unfamiliar with that McLean album but thanks for the tip. I love Ali and Moncur. Currently waiting for delivery of a Coltrane in Japan set with Ali on drums and Alice on piano, can’t wait. Would love for Ali’s Duo Exchange with Frank Lowe to get an official reissue. I let an OG pass at £110 about a year ago and I kinda regret it despite it being a lot of money, it’s so good.

Unfamiliar with that McLean album but thanks for the tip. I love Ali and Moncur. Currently waiting for delivery of a Coltrane in Japan set with Ali on drums and Alice on piano, can’t wait. Would love for Ali’s Duo Exchange with Frank Lowe to get an official reissue. I let an OG pass at £110 about a year ago and I kinda regret it despite it being a lot of money, it’s so good.
Ah is that on Impulse? I actually think I saw that on eBay the other day and let is pass. Sounds like a killer set!

That sounds really good, I will add it to my streaming list! Cheers @Mr Moore. I totally get you with the missed opportunities, theres been a number which I have passed on and now go for 2-3 times the amount. I have actually started to note the current median discogs prices (although they aren't always the best indication) for a handful of records every few weeks. Interesting to see them increase, some of which are at a surprising rate.

Ah is that on Impulse? I actually think I saw that on eBay the other day and let is pass. Sounds like a killer set!

That sounds really good, I will add it to my streaming list! Cheers @Mr Moore. I totally get you with the missed opportunities, theres been a number which I have passed on and now go for 2-3 times the amount. I have actually started to note the current median discogs prices (although they aren't always the best indication) for a handful of records every few weeks. Interesting to see them increase, some of which are at a surprising rate.

Yeah, it’s an Impulse set. I’ve got this boxed version from ‘76 on the way.

Cost £65 but it’s supposed to be NM with obi so I’m happy enough with that. It also has a near hour long version of My Favorite Things which is one of the few jazz tracks Mrs Moore tolerates so there’s that!

Just had these land from eBay wins:

B397B1A0-56BD-48CF-9EA6-11B352172BD4.jpeg

Last edited:
I was away from home for almost 2 weeks so I had a huge backload waiting for me at the post office:

Batch #1: Speakers Corner Transformer and 3 APs11606

Batch #2: VMP Bauhaus (thanks @Santi1392), Red Leftovers, new Suicide reissue with pin, £2.76 Ray Charles from Amazon UK

Batch #3: In a Silent Way, Wanna Buy a Bridge?, The Glow pt. 2 and Any Other City OGs

Batch #4: These are all crazy late-night Discogs offers that I never thought would be accepted. I ended up spending a bunch, but I got good value for all of them. I think the Byrne/Eno album and The Brown Bunny OST might make it in my top 25 most valuable records and the Spacemen 3 is an OG that's even autographed on the back.

Time for a (probably short-lived) vinyl diet.

Day 4 of the fiery jazz haul. Tomorrow is definitely the big one, I can't quite believe they are all arriving at the same time.....I might explode with excitement.

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (Colombia, 1959 Original '6-Eyed Mono' pressing)
A legendary album from Brubeck. 1959 has to be one of the best years for Jazz, the output was sensational (there is actually a decent BBC documentary that focuses on 3 or 4 of the mountain of killer records to be released that year). The artwork is by artist S. Neil Fujita, he also painted artwork for another groundbreaking album that year.....wouldn't it be great to have an original copy of that on its way to you 😲

Lee Morgan - The Gigalo (Blue Note, 1968 Original Stereo pressing)
Everything Morgan touched seems to be gold, he was such an amazing musician and I wonder which direction his music would have taken had he not been killed so early in his life. This is an album I have been seeking for a while although its not even in my top favourite albums of his........thats tomorrows offering.

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue (Blue Note, 1985 'Cadre Rouge Audiophile Edition' - DMM - pressing)

I have seen DMM get a bad rep but I honestly think they are pretty damn good for their price points.

Day 4 of the fiery jazz haul. Tomorrow is definitely the big one, I can't quite believe they are all arriving at the same time.....I might explode with excitement.

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (Colombia, 1959 Original '6-Eyed Mono' pressing)
A legendary album from Brubeck. 1959 has to be one of the best years for Jazz, the output was sensational (there is actually a decent BBC documentary that focuses on 3 or 4 of the mountain of killer records to be released that year). The artwork is by artist S. Neil Fujita, he also painted artwork for another groundbreaking album that year.....wouldn't it be great to have an original copy of that on its way to you 😲

Everything Morgan touched seems to be gold, he was such an amazing musician and I wonder which direction his music would have taken had he not been killed so early in his life. This is an album I have been seeking for a while although its not even in my top favourite albums of his........thats tomorrows offering.

Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue (Blue Note, 1985 'Cadre Rouge Audiophile Edition' - DMM - pressing)
I have seen DMM get a bad rep but I honestly think they are pretty damn good for their price points.

View attachment 11644
The Gigolo is a great album, and I wish it were discussed more, but I’m gonna guess In Search Of The New Land is the one you are talking about...?

View attachment 11644

🤤

stop it !

Firey Jazz haul day 5. Its time for the heavy hitters, strap in tight.

Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Barney Wilen - Soundtrack From The Film 'Dangerous Friendships' - Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Fontana, 1960 Original UK pressing)
For whatever reason the UK pressing of this record is really rare, the last one was sold on Discogs a few years back and the couple that are for sale are crazy expensive. This is a super mint copy, its like the records never been played! Fun fact, the score also featured Thelonious Monk.

Miles Davis ‎– 'Round About Midnight (Philips, 1957 Original UK Mono pressing)
Another odd one as this UK pressing is also rare, there's currently 1 listed for sale on discogs for £200 (highly doubt anyone would pay that) with just 7 people claiming to own a copy.

Bill Evans Trio featuring Scott La Faro - Sunday At The Village Vanguard (Riverside, 1961 Original UK Mono pressing)
Shouldnt need much of an intro, it's a classic that almost always makes it into the 'top jazz albums' lists. It also marks Bassist Scott La Faro's last recording with Evans before he lost his life in a car crash (10 days after recording this fantastic album). This is an amazingly clean copy, the previous owner clearly looked after this well, hopefully I will be able to keep it in the same condition (but obviously more played!) for the foreseeable future!

Lee Morgan ‎– Vol. 3 (Blue Note, 1957 Original Mono press, 47 West 63rd NYC, Rudy Van Gelder and 'P' ear stamp)
Now this is an album that I never dreamed of owning. I have actually been looking up the history of their sales on popsike since Christmas and this one amazingly came my way. The sleeve and record have seen better days for sure, when it arrived I spent a good 45mins carefully cleaning it. Such an amazing album and just think, Morgan was just 19 years old when he recorded this. Mindblowing.

Last edited:
Back