Fresh Grabs

Went over to Barnes and Noble to see what their vinyl weekend was all about and was surprised to see quite a variety of different stuff exclusive wise. Ended up bringing just one home which was tough but this one called to me.

It looks white in the picture but it is a very soft pink

1st garage sale finds, $1.00 each.
  • Beethoven, Herbert von Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker ‎– 9 Symphonien
    • 8 Album box set, the box is in great condition, a little fading, but the albums haven't been played, bright black no scuffs or scratches.
  • Steely Dan ‎– Can't Buy A Thrill
    • An original pressing by ABC Command Quadraphonic, which I'm not familiar with yet Cogs seems to be giving this a little premium on the price. Anyone care to share any insight into the label?
Fresh-Grabs.jpg

20190714_081118.jpg

1st garage sale finds, $1.00 each.
  • Beethoven, Herbert von Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker ‎– 9 Symphonien
    • 8 Album box set, the box is in great condition, a little fading, but the albums haven't been played, bright black no scuffs or scratches.
  • Steely Dan ‎– Can't Buy A Thrill
    • An original pressing by ABC Command Quadraphonic, which I'm not familiar with yet Cogs seems to be giving this a little premium on the price. Anyone care to share any insight into the label?
View attachment 11155

View attachment 11156
Hey, @HiFi Guy how does one go about getting all four channels out of one of these?

Hey, @HiFi Guy how does one go about getting all four channels out of one of these?

You'd need:

The appropriate Quad decoder (either CD4, SQ, QS, or DY). Record companies didn't agree on which Quad system to use. They certainly weren't universal.

An additional amplifier or receiver (or a 4 channel Quadrophonic unit with the built in decoder for the type of Quad record you have).

An additional pair of speakers

A cartridge with a Shibata stylus.

You'd need:

The appropriate Quad decoder (either CD4, SQ, QS, or DY). Record companies didn't agree on which Quad system to use. They certainly weren't universal.

An additional amplifier or receiver (or a 4 channel Quadrophonic unit with the built in decoder for the type of Quad record you have).

An additional pair of speakers

A cartridge with a Shibata stylus.
Well the good news is that that warp was a bit too tight to go away enough to stop the hop, so I won't need to worry about going out and getting all that gear, lol

So a couple more garage sale finds from today, all in VG+/VG. For a $1.00 each, the Pink Floyd albums for a $1.00 were worth taking home to see what pressings they were. Based on the matrix these are nice to have in the collection even though I have the 2016 Remaster of WYWH, and Meddle is on the list :)

Pink Floyd ‎– Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd ‎– Meddle
The Power Station ‎– The Power Station 33 ⅓

Fresh-Grabs.jpg

I gotta say though, garage sales are turning into attic trash more and more, and I find myself stopping less and less.

Newbits

View attachment 11271

Ornette box and Nat Birchall

View attachment 11272

Contents of Ornette box
Sweet lord im jealous of this! Let us all know how it sounds, if its anything like the Coltrane box set then it will be a decent collection. Im on a bit of a Coleman rabbit hole at the moment so will no doubt end up picking this up eventually.

Back