Fresh Grabs

Wifey brought this one home today. It sounds quite nice a DAY after Halloween 🥰

GUEST_7bfa584b-ed1f-4cbc-b99f-982b3f0b9814

October Fresh Grabs
0A921EDA-788A-424F-87F3-26623CC2A53A.gif
I decided to go a different route to show off my fresh grabs from October without taking up as much real estate…plus everyone loves a good gif, right?
Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
Medeski Martin & Wood - The Dropper
R.E.M. - New Adventures In Hi-Fi
Destroyer - Streethawk: A Seduction
Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime
Spiritualized - Pure Phase
Spiritualized - Let It Come Down
Sonny And The Sunsets - Tomorrow Is Alright
Junior Kimbrough And The Soul Blues Boys - All Night Long

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Led Zeppelin - III
Mike Cooley, Patterson Hood, & Jason Isbell - Live at the Shoals Theatre
Haunted House Party - Haunted House Party
Neil Young - Carnegie Hall 1970
The War On Drugs - I Don’t Live Here Anymore
Squid - Bright Green Field
Ducks Ltd. - Get Bleak
Ducks Ltd. - Modern Fiction
Nora Jones - I Dream Of Christmas

Lots of good stuff this month. Everything this month was brand new. The first portion were reissues and the second portion new releases. My biggest “get” was probably Double Nickels On The Dime. My local got a 3 copies of the new reissues in stock and they were gone in 10 minutes. I was also happy to add two of my favorite new artists of the past year in Ducks LTD. and Squid. I got the other two Spiritualized reissues I needed. I went with the black pressing of Pure Phase since GITD vinyl usually blows. I grabbed Ivory pressing of Let It Come Down to replace my shitty Plain pressing. The Neil Young and Cooley/Hood/Isbell live albums both sound fantastic (especially NY). The unofficial Drive-By Truckers reunion live album was a steal, 4xLPs for $16. Happy to own New Adventures In Hi-Fi on wax, one of R.E.M.’s best 90s albums and fairly underrated (though not around here). The new The War On Drugs album doesn’t disappoint, another quality release by a band that’s discography is chocked full of em. Lastly, pleased to had a couple new seasonal albums Haunted House Party is a nice DJ mix that incorporates dusty grooves with spooky sounds and is probably funky enough to spin year round and a Nora Jones Christmas album seems like a winning combo though it’ll be a few more weeks until it hits the turntable.

Man, what is going on with SST distribution?
Not sure. It seems like they are only releasing them in small spurts. If it’s their plan to drive up demand then their plan is working, because the prices on the secondary market are stupid. Hopefully they get their shit together because this reissue is really good. The wax sounds great and it’s a nice gatefold tip-on jacket. Not worth $150 but definitely worth $34.

Back