Fresh Grabs

Every time I get a car cash I go to the Goodwill a block away to check out the vinyl and have struck out a good 2 or so years in a row but persistence finally paid off! Kind of crazy these are the ones I found since my last post in here was his "Fair & Square" reissue. Diamonds In The Rough indeed 😛

PXL_20211006_073727651.jpg

Every time I get a car cash I go to the Goodwill a block away to check out the vinyl and have struck out a good 2 or so years in a row but persistence finally paid off! Kind of crazy these are the ones I found since my last post in here was his "Fair & Square" reissue. Diamonds In The Rough indeed 😛

View attachment 114130

Every time I've ever been to a Goodwill it's beat up copies of Barry Manilow and Vivaldi records.

Being away from home during the pandemic has been awful. So it's been so wonderful to finally meet up with my folks again. As a side bonus, there's well over 50 records that for various reasons I had sent to the UK rather than Norway. Here's the first batch, featuring some Zavvi/DeAgostini jazz (see the PIF thread for some up for a new home too), my first huge chunk from Last Night From Glasgow, and some randoms...

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch
Duke Ellington/Charles Mingus/Max Roach - Money Jungle
Charlie Parker - Now's The Time
Getz/Gilberto
Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil
Charlie Haden - Liberation Music Orchestra
Ike Quebec - Blue & Sentimental
Dexter Gordon - Go

20211006_175549.jpg

20211006_175600.jpg

Starless - Earthbound
Isolation Sessions
Lizabet Russo - While I Sit And Watch This Tree Volume 1
The Bluebells - Sister
Mt Doubt - Doubtlands
Sister John - Returned From Sea / I Am By Day
Trashcan Sinatras - I've Seen Everything
Gracious Losers - Six Road Ends
Hadda Be - Another Life
Life Model - Lost on Weekdays, Lonely by Sunday
SW2 & Moses Boyd - Bridge The Gap

20211006_175611.jpg

20211006_175620.jpg

20211006_175632.jpg

Every time I've ever been to a Goodwill it's beat up copies of Barry Manilow and Vivaldi records.

I think just about every Goodwill countrywide has at least one copy of good ol' Herb Albert as well! These two were in a 20-30 Barbra Streisand vinyl sandwich so most people probably just skipped over them. It's def. not something worthy of going out of your way but it's nice the few times you do find something.

There's another spot I rarely go to that's a church donation Thrift type store that used to have a pretty big vinyl section and I remember one time a girl I was with wanted to stop by Starbucks out of the way so I ended up doing it and when we got there this guy was walking out with a huge smile on his face and a ton of original Zeppelin, Floyd (still remember seeing an Animals pressing with a Japanese Obi on the top) and who knows what else all in sleeves and everything. I found out he came in 5 minutes before that and just bought this entire collection instantly "some guy" had donated for .25 cents a record since he bought 200+ 😭 Still salty af about that one 5-6 years later.

Part 2 of my UK fresh grabs and we get to the more exciting things, for me.

Dave - We're All Alone In This Together
Bob Marley - Catch A Fire (Original Jamaican Version)

My AOTY (so far), and one of my biggest white whales.

20211006_175438.jpg

Pearl Jam - Vault #10

My first vault and my first live PJ on vinyl (got a lot on CD and digitally). V excited for this...

20211006_175454.jpg

Neil Young - Way Down In The Rust Bucket

And super stoked for this too...

20211006_175400.jpg

Art Blakey - Free For All
Charles Mingus - The Clown

Free For All was the Blakey I really wanted but hadn't got and I found this later pressing, with Van Gelder stamps, cheap on Cogs. Plus, decided to bite the bullet on one on my Speakers Corner wishlist after seeing praise from @avecigrec

20211006_175413.jpg

Lou Reed - Transformer
Leadbelly
Miles Davis - Miles in Berlin
Al Green - Gets Next To You / Expands Your Mind
Ann Peebles - Straight From The Heart

And the rest of my Pure Pleasure / Speakers Corners pick-ups. The Transformer, Leadbelly, and Al Green were from long ago, inspired by a lot of you (and specifically @Mather for the Leadbelly) plus the Miles and Peebles were last two on my really want-list.

20211006_175506.jpg

View attachment 114217

Pearl Jam - Vault #10

My first vault and my first live PJ on vinyl (got a lot on CD and digitally). V excited for this...

View attachment 114219

View attachment 114226

Free For All was the Blakey I really wanted but hadn't got and I found this later pressing, with Van Gelder stamps, cheap on Cogs. Plus, decided to bite the bullet on one on my Speakers Corner wishlist after seeing praise from @avecigrec

View attachment 114218

Lou Reed - Transformer
Leadbelly

And the rest of my Pure Pleasure / Speakers Corners pick-ups. The Transformer, Leadbelly, and Al Green were from long ago, inspired by a lot of you (and specifically @Mather for the Leadbelly) plus the Miles and Peebles were last two on my really want-list.

View attachment 114221
I hope you like that Leadbelly, I think it's a remarkable master and pressing.

View attachment 114217

Pearl Jam - Vault #10

View attachment 114219

View attachment 114226

View attachment 114218

Lou Reed - Transformer
Leadbelly

View attachment 114221
I love that Ann Peebles album. Great other choices too!

Hello, October:

BF42C95E-9BCE-46CB-A596-D908055CC16F.jpeg

First, the cheap grabs. I’ve been looking for a $5 Rundgren for a long time but every time I find a cheap copy it’s either missing a disc or is too scratched to gamble on. I finally lucked out. The store priced it down because the OG owner unwisely decided to tape the shrink to the LP cover. The vinyl itself is at VG+ and I don’t mind how well-preserved the album art is.

AC78A51F-AFAD-4DEE-86D0-79C248D166B5.jpeg

Both All Them Witches plus the Wilco album came from the Plaidroom sale. The Nirvana started out as an eBay adventure in which I ordered the 2-LP version containing a live set, and then received the live record only but no studio LP. The seller refunded me 50%, which covered the cost of the single LP version from Amazon. I must admit that the studio LP was mostly an OCD purchase; I expect to listen to the live album 10x as much, but I felt weird about not having the actual album.

Always on the lookout for a original of this one (missed one for $90 earlier in the year), and quite happy with the cd I have tbh. Seen this BN 75th show up unopened at my local in the trade in bin for $15. Not bad really despite the 75th series rep.
20211008_140219.jpg

Back