Fresh Grabs

That Alarm collection is fantastic.
I already have the 2LP repress of Declaration, which I’ve always favored over Strength. The “Topper” Standards was $10, and has my favorite Alarm song, Spirit of ‘76, so it was a no brainer for me. And it’s in amazing condition, as are all of the records I got today. He really takes care of his albums.

Third and pretty much final part of my UK grabs. A lot of 🔥 here

Orchestre Régional de Mopti
Le Super Biton National de Segou
Mister Okoi Seka Athanase
Akwaboah's Guitar Band

This was sent to the wrong address in April 2020 so a v long wait for these rarities - two from Mali , one from Cote d'Ivoire, and one from Ghana.

20211006_175427.jpg

Neil Young - Carnegie Hall
Do You Believe It? American Soul Music 1960-72
Maria McKee - High Dive
Little Simz - A Curious Tale of Trials + Persons

I followed the recommendation of @TenderLovingKiller® on the Shakey, almost got a complete set of these awesome soul compilations, one of three fab RSD grabs, and a wonderful wonderful PIF from @Murfocakes. Thank you kindly.

20211006_175521.jpg

Fela Kuti - Open & Close
Soul Slabs Vol 3
Big Star - The Best Of
Prince - Parade

More RSD grabs, went for the best of with great reviews (think it's 45rpm) for Big Star, and filling out my Prince section even more.

20211006_175536.jpg

Joni Mitchell - For The Roses
Peace In The Valley
The Fisher King
Christmas Carols from Winchester Cathedral

Some fairly ransoms from Cogs at the end of last year. The core Joni I didn't have, random gospel and Carol compilations, plus the OST with the song on i want played at my funeral. Maybe should check out the film too...

20211006_175642.jpg

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Kpede Do Gbe Houenou
Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky
Harry Nilsson - Without You
Aretha Franklin - Angel
Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army
Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
The Beatles - Day Tripper

7s are the place to find the bargains still. Apart from the new Poly-Rythmo reissue, everything here cost under a quid including the first record I ever bought but obviously mislaid on the way (Kylie), Without You for 25p, and a 1st pressing of Day Tripper.

20211006_175653.jpg

Last of the pre-baby pick-ups...

20211011_140020.jpg

I actually walked away from the Coltrane with great difficulty on Saturday, having agreed to buy no more records, but my wife told me to swing down and pick it up today so I can get a spin or two in before we had back to the hospital with no certainty whether we will be home and back again, or staying this time!

The Heliocentrics is one I've been after for a decent while now but haven't been able to find it shipped for a reasonable price, so it was a knee-jerk add-on when I saw it at the shop today.

Last of the pre-baby pick-ups...

View attachment 114622

I actually walked away from the Coltrane with great difficulty on Saturday, having agreed to buy no more records, but my wife told me to swing down and pick it up today so I can get a spin or two in before we had back to the hospital with no certainty whether we will be home and back again, or staying this time!

The Heliocentrics is one I've been after for a decent while now but haven't been able to find it shipped for a reasonable price, so it was a knee-jerk add-on when I saw it at the shop today.
That beats a cigar any day!

The freshest:
8D4C030A-BB07-42E7-B633-0FA3473D1185.jpeg
Madison Cunningham- Wednesday EP
Monophonics - In You Brain (Colemine variant)
Lee Fields - My World (Colemine variant)
Nirvana - Bleach
Foo Fighters - Medicine at Midnight
Single from Derek Alexander Smith which I won on instagram
The Witchoo single from Durand Jones

Back