Fresh Grabs

51HJIk4mW3L__18183.1604708157.jpg

Been in a bit of a funk the last few months. Haven’t even really spun any records all summer other than needle dropping my VMP arrivals to check for issues.

Went to Kansas City to catch a Chiefs game over the weekend. I try to make it down there once a year, but couldn’t last year because of covid. Felt real good getting out of my routine - best I’ve felt in so long.

Anyways, it was my first time down there by myself in a few years, so I had plenty of time to do some digging. Got some good stuff I’m excited about. I’ve started to work on my cleaning pile that’s stacked up over the past few months too.

Been in a bit of a funk the last few months. Haven’t even really spun any records all summer other than needle dropping my VMP arrivals to check for issues.

Went to Kansas City to catch a Chiefs game over the weekend. I try to make it down there once a year, but couldn’t last year because of covid. Felt real good getting out of my routine - best I’ve felt in so long.

Anyways, it was my first time down there by myself in a few years, so I had plenty of time to do some digging. Got some good stuff I’m excited about. I’ve started to work on my cleaning pile that’s stacked up over the past few months too.

Sounds like a nice trip, Arrowhead's always rocking. Where'd you go for bbq?

Sounds like a nice trip, Arrowhead's always rocking. Where'd you go for bbq?

Q39. Also got the burnt ends mac n cheese at Arrowhead. Was planning to do Arthur Bryant’s for lunch on my last day before the record stores opened but decided against it. I had to cut short my record digging on the first day to sleep off my meat hangover 😂

Q39. Also got the burnt ends mac n cheese at Arrowhead. Was planning to do Arthur Bryant’s for lunch on my last day before the record stores opened but decided against it. I had to cut short my record digging on the first day to sleep off my meat hangover 😂
Ah, some modern, and some classic (almost). I miss KC, especially the food

Bob Dylan - Desire
Led Zeppelin - III / Physical Graffiti

Debut of our new pup, a cavapoo, on N&G showing off the latest off the boat from Japan. Smallest but best order yet (from a Discogs seller) with all three absolutely immaculate and ace sounding. Super happy with them.

20210929_155655.jpg

Ah, some modern, and some classic (almost). I miss KC, especially the food
You from there originally? Where you at now?

There’s an Austrian place called Grunauer next to the Jack Stack downtown that has my favorite dish I’ve ever had. It’s called wammerl. It’s pork belly with the best dumplings. I think about it a lot 😂

You from there originally? Where you at now?

There’s an Austrian place called Grunauer next to the Jack Stack downtown that has my favorite dish I’ve ever had. It’s called wammerl. It’s pork belly with the best dumplings. I think about it a lot 😂
Lived there for nearly 30 years. Moved to Springfield for work about four years ago. KC is only three hours away, but Covid.

Those freight house restaurants, Grunauer, Jack Stack, and especially Lidia's are three of my favorites!

20210929_230954.jpg

Bottom left counterclockwise to top left:
Lonnie Liston Smith - Expansions
SRSQ - Unreality
SRSQ - Temporal Love / Unkempt 7"
Bell - Magic Tape 7"

Expansions I've listened a lot but never had it on vinyl & same with Magic Tape. SRSQ i've been getting really into recently. I love her voice & her dreampop / synthpop vibe.

Back