Fresh Grabs

For anyone who got Harold Land, is the edges of the records in your set also really rough?

View attachment 106912
Nice! I ordered 3 albums from Jazz Messengers (Roy Hargrove, Charles Lloyd, Barney Wilen) as 3 separate orders before realising that I could have added the tote bag. When I ordered the last one I popped a message in there and they got back to me to say they had already shipped without realising but will add a bag to the next order I place in the future if I let them know in advance. Really nice of them to do that considering it was my mistake.

The records in my Harold Land arent rough-edged but there was a bit of loose vinyl that came off when I cleaned them.

Nice! I ordered 3 albums from Jazz Messengers (Roy Hargrove, Charles Lloyd, Barney Wilen) as 3 separate orders before realising that I could have added the tote bag. When I ordered the last one I popped a message in there and they got back to me to say they had already shipped without realising but will add a bag to the next order I place in the future if I let them know in advance. Really nice of them to do that considering it was my mistake.

The records in my Harold Land arent rough-edged but there was a bit of loose vinyl that came off when I cleaned them.
My Harold Land feels like someone manually cut off the excess with a chees grater or something lol Also got some excess wax in the spindle holes. The surfaces look great, though, but i can't figure out who pressed it.

My Harold Land feels like someone manually cut off the excess with a chees grater or something lol Also got some excess wax in the spindle holes. The surfaces look great, though, but i can't figure out who pressed it.
Oh wow, yeah mine wasnt that bad but it definitely had loose bits that came off really easily.

I found a review online that states " The tracks have been remastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio, and pressed on 180 gm vinyl by the Standard Vinyl company from Toronto"

Pink Floyd ‎– Delicate Sound Of Thunder
Halloween II (2009) (Waxwork 2021 Reissue)

Got a great deal on this Kuni & FTB, then the guy just decided to throw in the
Haunted House sounds album which ended up being super clean.
This is the album I know the least by far involving FTB but looking forward to changing that now.
Kuni Kawachi & Flower Travelling Band ‎– Kirikyogen (1971) (20?? Unofficial Reissue /300)

Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House (1973)

View attachment 106740

Along with the Halloween II Soundtrack above I got these 5 spinatures from Waxwork just before they were retired! They're so much nicer then I even expected in person. Kind of bummed I missed Frankenstein but i'm excited to see what they do for the next wave now. Also, as usual I can't compliment them enough on there packaging of everything which is as good as anyone imo. They even threw in the slipmat and a MoFi sleeve.

Here's a second package I got from ebay 😬.. That's a 3lp record in there and was in brutal condition when I opened it. He literally grabbed a shopping bag, threw some tape on it, and wrote Fragi(le) like that would make any real difference. The younger generation learning there packing from Amazon (Or mayyybe a cocaine dealer?) is no good. At least it was somewhat cheap and not something I had to have, just kind of ridiculous.

View attachment 106742View attachment 106741
That ebay package makes me question common sense and angry at the same time. On a side note, at first I thought the pumpkin head was holding a pair of panties ;)
........the classic horror figures are very cool (y)

Oh wow, yeah mine wasnt that bad but it definitely had loose bits that came off really easily.

I found a review online that states " The tracks have been remastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio, and pressed on 180 gm vinyl by the Standard Vinyl company from Toronto"

Thanks for that.

Aren't they the Canadian version of GZ Vinyl? @Mather

Actually no, they're not. That's Precision Record Pressing. I've never heard of Standard Vinyl Company before. But they sound equally brutal?
Oh, that's right. "Precision".

I just did a google search on Standard Vinyl Company and the fact that both GZ Vinyl and Precision Record Pressing show up on page one of the search is...not great?

View attachment 106922
only been a massive fan for like 36 years… had these on traded tapes, then a bootleg LP, then nicer digital files, and finally on official vinyl.

Aargh none more Goth ..I picked this up ..beautifully done ..also ordered the CD as it’s cheap as chips ..makes up for the extortion that was the UK RSD price ...

Saw the Sisters a few years back in brum...

Lotta dry ice !

Back