Fresh Grabs

3LP of Coil LSD arrived today. Will get a spin tomorrow!
PXL_20210523_024748478.MP.jpg
PXL_20210523_024800557.jpg
Edit: looks like they sent me the limited and sold out gold version as well. It was $5 more and sold out already when I bought the black. My preference was the black vinyl anyway but if this sounds good then I'll have no real complaints

Last edited:
I ordered from Wax Trax! so mine will be here later - can't wait to get weird with this one!
The one from Wax Trax and this one are diff FYSA

The WT standard (1LP) is the orig track listing. Deluxe (2LP) is the extended track listing that used to be CD only.

This is the Infinite Fog EU pressing. First 2 discs same as WT deluxe. Plus third disc of extras

EDIT: oh yes, WT has the "Chaostrophy" edition that includes the Windowpane & The Snow 12"'s plus a 7" included w/ pre-orders. Infinite Fog also did some elaborate wood box editions or something

Last edited:
The one from Wax Trax and this one are diff FYSA

The WT standard is the orig track listing. Deluxe is the extended track listing that used to be CD only.

This is the Infinite Fog EU pressing. First 2 discs same as WT deluxe. Plus third disc of extras
Ah... oh well. I'll have to be happy with the 2 LP version then.

Honestly you should be fine. The extras are alt/demo/etc versions. When I think of discs like that I have for all diff types of bands, it's the exception that I actually listen to them often rather than the rule.

In fact, I had the WT pre-ordered on CD. The only reason I switched is 'cause Light in the Attic is selling the 2xCD Infinite Fog (extra tracks) and I liked the physical layout (digi) more and then extra tracks were a bonus (but following my previous statements, hardly requisite). And the IF had a sooner street date so that was even more reasons to try to get the WT canceled

WT let me cancel the pre-order and when I went to LitA to buy, I ended up going with the vinyl on a whim.

A couple other considerations I've been looking at re WT vs IF.

Both are remastered. But by different people. So that may produce a different listening xp.

Also both have the full 13 track album. But I realized listening this morning that the bonus tracks on the IF RE actually start on side D. So original album is spread across 3 sides and then extras get 3 sides. For the WT, the album gets 4 sides of wax.

So, again, with the different people behind the scenes (and prob diff pressing plants) and different amounts of real estate given to the album tracks, it may be worthwhile to hear both.

I mean, I'm not gonna buy another copy cause this IF sounds real nice. But who knows how better the WT pressing may use the extra space for the songs?

I ordered the black 2LP because it was cheaper and there are less pressed (1,000) than amber.
The single red LP looks really cool, though. But $30 for a one LP... eh.

I ordered the black 2LP because it was cheaper and there are less pressed (1,000) than amber.
The single red LP looks really cool, though. But $30 for a one LP... eh.
Regardless of what anyone gets, it's nice to see Coils discog starting to get some TLC. The Musick re from the last year was great and I hope to see more stuff coming from whatever labels (Dais, Wax Trax, Infinite Fog, etc just make it quality like the music)

Regardless of what anyone gets, it's nice to see Coils discog starting to get some TLC. The Musick re from the last year was great and I hope to see more stuff coming from whatever labels (Dais, Wax Trax, Infinite Fog, etc just make it quality like the music)
I saw a copy of Recoiled at my local shop yesterday, if I didn't have it already I would have snapped it up.

Blood Orange - Negro Swan
Wayne Shorter - Speak No Evil
James Brown - It's A Mother
Tow'rs - New Nostalgia

20210523_215352.jpg

My wife and a few of our friends and I have been doing a secret santa style monthly record club for the past year or so which has been a lot of fun and lead to some pretty hilarious stories and great musical discoveries along the way. This evening's edition had a bonus in that one of our club members bought a few dozen records from a co-worker selling his collection before moving back to Scotland, and from those purchases he decided to give every Record Club participant a bonus record this month. Top two are my haul and the bottom two are my wife's.

View attachment 100439
Ordered this with a gift card, and Amazon sent me a 30 Seconds to Mars album instead. Promptly sent Leto packing and now things are right with the universe.

If you've ever listened to a Marley record and said to yourself, "I wish those guitars would cut loose a little bit", this is the record for you.

Back