Fresh Grabs

I'm gonna have to see a lot of these this week, aren't I? Seriously havent been this pissed at a record rollout since VMP's De La Soul is Dead, which caused me to cancel my sub. No such recourse here.
I got lucky, I guess. My local had one of each of the deluxes.

I got lucky, I guess. My local had one of each of the deluxes.
No luck, you're just in Europe. There aren't being distributed in the western hemisphere (expect for mbv which we already had more than enough of).
MBV has the deluxe (AAA) version all 3 available to pre-order a repress due in October
Interesting, with the first round I straight up couldn't order to the US. Now it seems I can. The wait till October is a pain but I'll take it.

No luck, you're just in Europe. There aren't being distributed in the western hemisphere (expect for mbv which we already had more than enough of).

Interesting, with the first round I straight up couldn't order to the US. Now it seems I can. The wait till October is a pain but I'll take it.
Mattias, the store clerk, actually mentioned he had heard about a repress today at the store! And they sold out pretty quick everywhere here in Europe, so yes, I feel lucky.

Same with me, I originally tried to order from MBV and no luck. But order went through today. I got lucky with a restock at Banquet in the UK earlier this week but kept striking out on Isn't Anything. Glad you got it.

Maybe there was a site glitch? I was able to order the deluxe Isn’t Anything from the MBV store shipped to the US on the day of the drop.

Maybe there was a site glitch? I was able to order the deluxe Isn’t Anything from the MBV store shipped to the US on the day of the drop.
Yeah im willing to chalk it up to weirdness; if I remember correctly the drop went live 3AM my time, and I slept in that today, so it very well may be that all the US customers were hitting the mbv site and it was acting strangely. Whatever the case, I should have the albums in 5 months. Now I just have to get my money back from the swedish store where I placed the orginal preorder.

Friday Fresh Grabs
034BDD16-DAEC-4DDD-B3D1-4B119C060127.jpeg

John Prine - Pink Cadillac
The Beatles - Beatles For Sale
A Tribe Called Quest - Beats, Rhymes & Life
Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up
Wes Montgomery - Taquila

I went to my local to pick up the new Squid LP, Tom Petty’s She’s The One soundtrack, and Dexter Gordon’s One Flight Up. Unfortunately, by the time I got to the store though 2 out of 3 were already gone. Thankfully they had a lot of nice used stuff recently arrive and they had a copy of the recent repress of Beats, Rhymes, and Life. The most exciting f these thought is the 1982 Japan reissue of Beatles For Sale it’s in red vinyl, has the Obi and inner sleeve and cut from the UK mono masters. It’s in wonderful condition to boot! It’s was a bit pricier than I typically spend but I had a 20% off stamp card filled so it ended up being fairly reasonable price wise.

Nice work on that Beatles For Sale! Did you get that at Hi-Voltage? They get some great stuff in there. I got my UK white vinyl version of the White Album there a few years back using a 20% off card.
Yup! Hi-Voltage is right up the road. There are few other shops in town I occasionally go to but I drop the most coin at Hi-Voltage for sure. They must have just picked up someone’s Beatles collection because they have a few interesting Beatles releases recently available. They got like 5 early White albums a couple of them numbered and the UK Beatles box set from the 1980s. I am not much of a Beatles collector but this one was a fair deal for around $60.

Reactions: .Z.
Michael Garrick Sextet - Jazz Praises (Airbourne Records, 1968 First Signed Pressing)
Barbara Thompson's Paraphernalia - S/T (MCA Records, 1978 First Signed Pressing)

A couple of cool signed oddities today. The Michael Garrick is unusual in the sense that it was performed and recorded live in St Paul's cathedral with a choir backing some parts. I have been on a Barbara Thompson binge lately and was amazed to get this signed copy for a few quid on ebay!

IMG_0702.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG

King Curtis - Live At Fillmore West (ATCO Records, 2021 VMP Classics Pressing)

A very small box from VMP but still packing heat!

IMG_0704.JPG

Back