Fresh Grabs

Finally got my signed albums from Arlo McKinley 4+ months late which would have been fine but for some reason he sent them in a thin plastic bag (like Amazon uses) with zero protection so the jackets are heavily damaged all around which oddly doesn't really show at all in the picture. Probably just going to let it go as i'm tired of vinyl drama at this point haha. The red copy was an exclusive to Shake It Records and of course that came in perfect condition since they know how to pack a record.

The Isbell was my 4th try from Amazon since I originally got it for like $10ish around 4 months ago but it was sent in the plastic bag yet again even after CS promised it wouldn't be (pretty much expected). I officially gave up and was just going to return it but they said to keep it so I guess it's kind of a win.

Then a couple of the Wayfaring Strangers series releases from Numero Group which i've been meaning to get.

PicsArt_04-21-12.04.39.jpg

Then a couple more i'm sure everyone has seen plenty of lately.

PXL_20210421_063204864_2.jpg

Lucinda Williams - Essence
Pearl Jam - MTV Unplugged
Ibrahim Ferrer - Buena Vista Social Club Presents

A trio of favourites from the 90s (and early 00s) that I wasn't sure I would own. Thought I'd missed out on Pearl Jam until it popped up at Juno (either this or REM was the first Unplugged I saw "live"), missed this Lucinda Williams somehow when it came out, while the Ibrahim Ferrer brings back fond memories of seeing him live several times.

20210421_161506.jpg

Lucinda Williams - Essence
Pearl Jam - MTV Unplugged
Ibrahim Ferrer - Buena Vista Social Club Presents

A trio of favourites from the 90s (and early 00s) that I wasn't sure I would own. Thought I'd missed out on Pearl Jam until it popped up at Juno (either this or REM was the first Unplugged I saw "live"), missed this Lucinda Williams somehow when it came out, while the Ibrahim Ferrer brings back fond memories of seeing him live several times.

View attachment 96359
Where’d you pick up that Ibrahim Ferrer? Shipping from World Circuit is insane

Cumbias y Gaitas Famosas De Colombia 1 & 2
Porros Solos Porros
Alejandro Duran - Ron Con Limon (Candelazos Curro Vol 6)
Rufo Garrido - Brisas de Diciembre
Fruko - El Magnifico / El Mejor
Joe Arroyo - Con Gusto y Gana
Los Corraleros - Nuevo Ritmo Vol 2 / Nuevos Exitos / Mujeres Costenas
Peregoyo y su Combo Vacana - Mi Buenaventura

My step-grandmother (modern families!) died recently well into her 90s. I was fortunate enough not just to get some money towards home improvements and the kids' education from her but also a bit of spending money for myself. And as I had these 12 Colombian classics in my Discogs cart, I pulled the trigger. So much 🔥 here - Fruko (for me, the Colombian genius), Rufo Garrido and Alejandro Duran more of the old-timers, the fantastic groups of Los Corraleros and Peregoyo, and some cracking compilations. So excited to spin these. And thankful to her for her kindness to me always.

20210421_214050.jpg

20210421_214102.jpg

Fresh Grabs (post reorganization)
3408A74A-7A37-46D4-B39B-D23FAE867F3D.jpeg
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Q-Tip - The Renaissance
Freddie Gibbs - Str8 Killa
Bonny Doon - Bonny Doon
The Pretenders - Learning To Crawl

I think all of these were deliveries. Upgraded my copy of A Love Supreme. This one is an Amazon Warehouse find but it was in perfect condition so I’m very happy with the result. Giant Steps was another Amazon purchase and though it didn’t end up being the version that had been advertised I was still happy enough with it (and the price I paid) to keep it in my collection. Q-Tip was a recent repress and sounds pretty stellar. Freddie Gibbs was weird, I was flirting with the prospect of signing back up for this album but ultimately decided against it think I would wait and see if VMP had something else I would like to sign up for but strangely enough I never signed back up they end up charging me for this album as an “add on” even though I am not a member so it worked out alright as I was much more willing to pay $34 than $43 for the record. Bonny Doon is a Discog buy. I absolutely loved their most recent record so I figured I should pick up their self-titled debut too. It was a wise move as it is just about as brilliant. Lastly, The Pretenders was a great PIF from @AnthonyI trying to fill in some blind spot in my collection one PIF at a time.

Last edited:
Really wish this got here yesterday, but hey I'll take it.

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone (Norman Records exclusive "Blueberry Kush & Sour Diesel" /300)

This record's always been a bit pricey for us here in the states, but I just had to bite the bullet

IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG

Last edited:
Really wish this got here yesterday, but hey I'll take it.

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone (Norman Records exclusive "Blueberry Kush" /300)

This record's always been a bit pricey for us here in the states, but I just had to bite the bullet

View attachment 96436
View attachment 96437
That’s a beaut! Strangely enough I have the opaque pink variants of both this and Mastodon’s Leviathan which are probably of my two favorite Metal Albums all time.

That’s a beaut! Strangely enough I have the opaque pink variants of both this and Mastodon’s Leviathan which are probably of my two favorite Metal Albums all time.
Those are certainly 2 good ones. Growing up around Bay Area stoner rock scenes, it's kinda indoctrinated to you that Dopesmoker is the holy mecca of Stoner/Doom Metal, but honestly this record's is my all time favorite.

Back