Fresh Grabs

Finally able to go through most of my new additions from the last couple of weeks. I've been trying to hold back a bit lately so mostly just big wants or pre-orders. Looking forward to spinning this all soon.

The Black Crowes ‎– Shake Your Money Maker (Deluxe Box Set)
Excited to finally have this in hand since it's up there with my favorite albums of all time! Heard great things about this pressing so hopefully it destroys the past reissue which was brutally horrible. Nice looking little box set though.

PicsArt_03-26-01.45.27.jpg

DJ Bacon ‎– Beastie Floyd (Dark Green) Nice to finally find this one for a solid price
The Beatles - Help! Boxset and The Beastie Boys Bluray/Book from the Popmarket sale
Josh Fudge ‎– Second Date (Flexi) Got this for only $2 from vinylpost to sample them mostly.. Thinking about using them or someone else to do a 1 off Flexi for an Anniversary present. Decent song though.
Atmosphere ‎– God's Bathroom Floor (25th Anniv. Remastered 7") Kind of weird hearing this remastered and so cleaned up after many years but it sounds great.

PicsArt_03-26-01.45.48.jpg

Pepper – Kona Town
Kids See Ghosts (Pink "Target Exclusive" aka lowkey repress of the RSD edition)
Third Eye Blind - ST (Red, from the official store) Pretty cool to find out the copy I bought from there store ended up being a red copy. Kind of odd they didn't advertise it being so since everyone seems to also be getting red that bought it in the last re-stock but i'll take it!
Dalton ‎– La Donna E Il Bambino (2017 RSD Blue Reissue 7") This was a random popmarket/deepdiscount find. Great Italian Prog Rock and I believe still available for only $3.99 on both sites.

PicsArt_03-26-01.46.10.jpg

...and still more Fresh Grabs
60283D97-8BE8-48FC-937F-D56468B4A58A.jpeg
Yellow Magic Orchestra - BGM
Morrissey - Viva Hate
The Blow - Paper Television
Neil Young - Young Shakespeare
Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run
Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse Five
Joseph Conrad - Heart Of Darkness
Arthur C. Clarke - The Other Side Of a The Sky
3 Maxell UR90 Blank Cassette Tapes

Yeah, I went back to the record store again today mainly to pick up the new Neil Young live album but I found a few other goodies while I was there. I ordered a cassette deck off eBay so I needed a few blank cassettes for mix tape purposes.

...and still more Fresh Grabs
View attachment 93344
Yellow Magic Orchestra - BGM
Morrissey - Viva Hate
The Blow - Paper Television
Neil Young - Young Shakespeare
Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run
Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse Five
Joseph Conrad - Heart Of Darkness
Arthur C. Clarke - The Other Side Of a The Sky
3 Maxell UR90 Blank Cassette Tapes

Yeah, I went back to the record store again today mainly to pick up the new Neil Young live album but I found a few other goodies while I was there. I ordered a cassette deck off eBay so I needed a few blank cassettes for mix tape purposes.
Holy smokes, man, you’re stacking ‘em like sandwiches 🥪 🔥

Another interesting mail drop....

EFE3E0BE-45EC-4241-B5A3-B703ADA1B8E7.jpeg

4 US releases of various genres and a couple psych/stoners from Denmark’s Bad Afro Recs. Also....

E053BEA2-40B7-4248-B5AA-C415F67942BF.jpeg

From the UK a killer live in studio stoner blues rocker with a couple signed prints. One personalized. :).

Edit: this is the Clear repress of Wrong again, albert.... The CTA also did a remake of this titled Same same... but different. Also, worthy to own and sounds pretty good. I mixed these up in the description above.

Last edited:
I've fallen off the wagon again (or is it that I'm back on the wagon?) In terms of budgeting but I feel truly happy with the amount of great music I've discovered and what's readily available right now. What a time to be alive...

Many moons ago @Mr Moore recommended the Lithuanian Free Jazz label NoBusiness Records by posting his haul on here. I have spent a long time going through their catalogue digitally or on YouTube, using it as an outlet during the pandemic to watch a "live" jazz show. I find a lot of it fascinating even though Free Jazz is probably not something I would play much on vinyl. This John Tchicai - Tribal Ghost album is one I would as relatively speaking it's the most accessible. I also loved the cover art.

I'm really excited about receiving my copy of Pharoah Sanders x Floating Points from hhv. I have that cued up to go on the table next. Die Cut sleeve looks really neat and these have been pressed at Pallas according to the runouts. Luka bop also has that tongue in cheek "some people like coloured vinyl, for them we made this" sticker on the front which I dig.

IMG_20210328_200923.jpg

I have wanted to pick up the Hiroshi Yoshimura Green album for a while now. Seeing as they're doing Postcards soon (which I have on pre-order) I pulled the trigger so I'll have a set.

@Skalap knows how bad I've wanted (and for how long I've complained about it's retail price) Soul Media - Funky Stuff. This hurt the wallet but I know I'm going to spin it a ton.

IMG_20210328_201012.jpg

Finally, a couple of bandcamp Friday buys. TV Girl - French Exit is totally hyped by the hipsters on Reddit so I decided to give it a go. The other band is a post rock group from Switzerland/Australia which I stumbled upon. Given where the band is from this is like a double import for me so usually when I'm spending this kind of money on a record I try to justify knowing it would hold it's "resale value". This probably won't hold any resale value but the music is lovely and it really spoke to me so I felt I needed to support the band. Check them out!

IMG_20210328_201110.jpg

Absolute steal at the local today. Came across a long out of stock SEALED Sam’s Record pressed at QRP for $21!?! The MSRP on this pressing was nearly $30 and that doesn’t even factor in shipping from Europe lol. Current cheapest copy on cogs is floating right around $100. I thought I was seeing things at first glimpse of that beautiful beautiful gold sticker, then the price tag made me feel like I was about to commit a criminal act.

D1AC5FDF-A059-4498-8C2C-032EE7BC7D4F.jpeg

Absolute steal at the local today. Came across a long out of stock SEALED Sam’s Record pressed at QRP for $21!?! The MSRP on this pressing was nearly $30 and that doesn’t even factor in shipping from Europe lol. Current cheapest copy on cogs is floating right around $100. I thought I was seeing things at first glimpse of that beautiful beautiful gold sticker, then the price tag made me feel like I was about to commit a criminal act.

View attachment 93548
I love this one and am a huge fan of Sam Records. Didn’t know that QRP pressed it! I have the RSD box set and it sounds awesome

I love this one and am a huge fan of Sam Records. Didn’t know that QRP pressed it! I have the RSD box set and it sounds awesome
My first and second Sam Records purchases happened this week. Been hearing rave reviews so I’m stoked to finally add some to the collection. I’m about to throw it on right now. I also nabbed Miles Davis - Ascenseur pour l’echafaud earlier this week on cogs

View attachment 93548
I was at my local a few days ago and notice they still had like 2 or 3 of these in stock if anyone else is looking for this...

I was at my local a few days ago and notice they still had like 2 or 3 of these in stock if anyone else is looking for this...
Apparently I was looking at the wrong cogs entry. Thelonious Monk – Les Liaisons Dangereuses 1960 (2017, Vinyl) This is the pressing that seems to be available in the states, there’s another 200 gram pressing floating around that’s sold out now. This is still an incredible bargain. Cut by Kevin Gray, pressed at QRP. No brainer if you like the music.

Apparently I was looking at the wrong cogs entry. Thelonious Monk – Les Liaisons Dangereuses 1960 (2017, Vinyl) This is the pressing that seems to be available in the states, there’s another 200 gram pressing floating around that’s sold out now. This is still an incredible bargain. Cut by Kevin Gray, pressed at QRP. No brainer if you like the music.
Yeah, it’s still the only Monk record I own for some reason but It’s fantastic.

Back