Fresh Grabs

I was at my local a few days ago and notice they still had like 2 or 3 of these in stock if anyone else is looking for this...
I ordered, shipping was free!

Apparently I was looking at the wrong cogs entry. Thelonious Monk – Les Liaisons Dangereuses 1960 (2017, Vinyl) This is the pressing that seems to be available in the states, there’s another 200 gram pressing floating around that’s sold out now. This is still an incredible bargain. Cut by Kevin Gray, pressed at QRP. No brainer if you like the music.
Dang I didn’t know boom boom cut a different version of it. I think the box set sounds awesome but KG didn’t cut the lacquer on that one.

stay far far away from the Acoustic Sounds discogs page if you want to not spend a ton of money hah. prices are all over the place. seems almost like an intern is pricing stuff. Some items are way too expensive and some seem way too cheap. A lot have some sleeve damage which is probably why they were lower priced (this one has a split on the spine) but for $50, the vinyl is in NM condition and I'm okay with the huge price drop. they have been posting a lot of OOP (or some out of stock) AP stuff, MoFi, box sets, etc.

stay far far away from the Acoustic Sounds discogs page if you want to not spend a ton of money hah. prices are all over the place. seems almost like an intern is pricing stuff. Some items are way too expensive and some seem way too cheap. A lot have some sleeve damage which is probably why they were lower priced (this one has a split on the spine) but for $50, the vinyl is in NM condition and I'm okay with the huge price drop. they have been posting a lot of OOP (or some out of stock) AP stuff, MoFi, box sets, etc.
Well shit, if you see any other AP Bill Evans pop up while you're browsing, please lmk!

I've fallen off the wagon again (or is it that I'm back on the wagon?) In terms of budgeting but I feel truly happy with the amount of great music I've discovered and what's readily available right now. What a time to be alive...

Many moons ago @Mr Moore recommended the Lithuanian Free Jazz label NoBusiness Records by posting his haul on here. I have spent a long time going through their catalogue digitally or on YouTube, using it as an outlet during the pandemic to watch a "live" jazz show. I find a lot of it fascinating even though Free Jazz is probably not something I would play much on vinyl. This John Tchicai - Tribal Ghost album is one I would as relatively speaking it's the most accessible. I also loved the cover art.

I'm really excited about receiving my copy of Pharoah Sanders x Floating Points from hhv. I have that cued up to go on the table next. Die Cut sleeve looks really neat and these have been pressed at Pallas according to the runouts. Luka bop also has that tongue in cheek "some people like coloured vinyl, for them we made this" sticker on the front which I dig.

View attachment 93511

I have wanted to pick up the Hiroshi Yoshimura Green album for a while now. Seeing as they're doing Postcards soon (which I have on pre-order) I pulled the trigger so I'll have a set.

@Skalap knows how bad I've wanted (and for how long I've complained about it's retail price) Soul Media - Funky Stuff. This hurt the wallet but I know I'm going to spin it a ton.

View attachment 93512

Finally, a couple of bandcamp Friday buys. TV Girl - French Exit is totally hyped by the hipsters on Reddit so I decided to give it a go. The other band is a post rock group from Switzerland/Australia which I stumbled upon. Given where the band is from this is like a double import for me so usually when I'm spending this kind of money on a record I try to justify knowing it would hold it's "resale value". This probably won't hold any resale value but the music is lovely and it really spoke to me so I felt I needed to support the band. Check them out!

View attachment 93513

Now we're talkin'bout! Great records and bot only the Japanese.

Monday Mail Bag
7CC0F893-80DC-4A46-8FE7-9A3145C9D2B0.jpeg
Lee Ranaldo - Last Night On Earth
Menomena - Friend And Foe
The Sea And Cake - The Sea And Cake
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
David Allan Coe - For The Record: The First 10 Years

Lee Ranaldo was a Discogs purchase and The Sea and Cake was purchased from the Thrill Jockey webtore. Menomena was an awesome PIF from @jbcalc (thanks!). Lastly, The Coe and ZZ Top were posted on my LRS website over the weekend but I was too lazy to head down to the shop so I had them send em to me instead.

Last edited:
Monday Mail Bag
View attachment 93692
Lee Ranaldo - Last Night On Earth
Menomena - Friend And Foe
The Sea And Cake - The Sea And Cake
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres
David Allan Coe - For The Record: The First 10 Years

Lee Ranaldo was a Discogs purchase and The Sea and Cake was purchased from the Thrill Jockey webtore. Menomena was an awesome PIF from @jbcalc (thanks!). Lastly, The Coe and ZZ Top were posted on my LRS website over the weekend but I was too lazy to head down to the shop so I had them send em to me instead.

That Menomena package is great and the album is underrated.

Back