Fresh Grabs

Fresh Lo-Fi Grabs
E5142AFB-2B17-4DDD-BEDA-60F09EF89142.jpeg
Cloud Nothings - Turning On
No Age - Nouns
Both of these were picked up at my LRS. Some late 00’s Lo-fi gems. The Cloud Nothings is the 10th anniversary reissue on blue wax (though the album was released in 2009). The No Age is a used copy that was in great shape. It was nice to pick up two LPs for under $40 that doesn’t happen all that often anymore.

Last edited:
Don Rendell Jazz Six ‎– Playtime (Decca, 1958 First Mono Pressing)
Jazz Visions: Lennie Tristano and His Legacy by Peter Ind

A mega rarity turned up the other day, a first mono pressing of Don Rendell's 'Playtime'. Its never seen a vinyl reissue (and just a single CD release in 2005) and rarely pops up, usually demanding crazy money when it does. Its a shame as its a really swinging, energetic session.

I also picked up a second-hand copy of a biography of pianist Lennie Tristano. I'm completely unfamiliar with Tristano's music but constantly seem to be reading about him as a massive influence in jazz as we know it. Interestingly the author of this book is the legendary bassist Peter Ind. As well as Tristano, Ind worked with the likes of Jutta Hipp, Lee Konitz, Booker Ervin and Buddy Rich. At 92 years of age Ind recently set up an instagram and youtube account. If anyone has any recommendations of which albums of Tristano's are worth listening to, that would be much appreciated.

IMG_9298.JPG

Back