7C5ADC1E-1B28-4904-ABC5-4C33A4BA90AE.jpeg
Pylon - Chomp

Madlib - Sound Ancestors
Joe Walsh - But Seriously, Folks...
Guided By Voices - Half Smiles Of The Decomposed
Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music...Songs From The Vatican Gift Shop
Black Sheep - A Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

Dave Matthews Band - Under The Table And Dreaming
Yeah, I went by my local record store again.

Did you order it direct from the bands EU label? Just wondering because I know it’s out on Friday but I hadn’t even had a shipping notification yet lol!

No, I had ordered in from a German retailer. I also was puzzled when I had the shipping notice already yesterday. In general it seems to happen sometimes that records are send out days before their release day. I've read this also happened to the new upcoming Lana Del Rey release. Somebody got their vinyl early and unfortunately that person has put it online, so her album leaked a few days ago.

No, I had ordered in from a German retailer. I also was puzzled when I had the shipping notice already yesterday. In general it seems to happen sometimes that records are send out days before their release day. I've read this also happened to the new upcoming Lana Del Rey release. Somebody got their vinyl early and unfortunately that person has put it online, so her album leaked a few days ago.

Yeah the labels often dispatch earlier in the week so that you had it by release date so I was wondering. I’m in no rush though, it’ll arrive when it arrives.

I think with covid that a lot of local shops are shipping pre orders when they have them in stock, which is usually earlier in the same week, rather than waiting for the Friday which kinda makes sense in some ways.

Raided the Bleep sale and picked up some stuff I've been meaning to pick up:

PXL_20210317_191914633.jpg
Two Aphex EPs, Squarepusher 12", Dextro 12" /w a Clark remix, & Maximo Park 12" with Clark / Tom Middleton Remix
PXL_20210317_192000773.jpg
Toro Y Moi, Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters, Sonic Mania OST, Her Bad Habit, & Global Comm's 76:14 reissue

Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come (2013 Mono reissue).

I love all the recent Miles mono reissues. They all sound wonderful for $20-25. Also mastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI. Highly recommended! This Miles album is so laid back with all that muted trumpet, and then you have Mobley and Coltrane on tenors. Believe it's the only Miles session with Mobley.

Boise Cover Band, splatter vinyl.

I love Built to Spill and Doug Martsch, so I had to pick this up.

0317211627~2.jpg0317211626~2.jpg

Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come (2013 Mono reissue).

I love all the recent Miles mono reissues. They all sound wonderful for $20-25. Also mastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI. Highly recommended! This Miles album is so laid back with all that muted trumpet, and then you have Mobley and Coltrane on tenors. Believe it's the only Miles session with Mobley.

Boise Cover Band, splatter vinyl.

I love Built to Spill and Doug Martsch, so I had to pick this up.

View attachment 92319View attachment 92320
Just spun my AP Some Day My Prince Will Come last night while making dinner. It’s grown to be one of my favorite Miles records, Top 3 I would say. The title track is just absolutely gorgeous, the way he sends that note right in the beginning. Brilliant brilliant brilliant, I always stop in my tracks to hear that one come down. Is this one of OJC presses you picked up?

Just spun my AP Some Day My Prince Will Come last night while making dinner. It’s grown to be one of my favorite Miles records, Top 3 I would say. The title track is just absolutely gorgeous, the way he sends that note right in the beginning. Brilliant brilliant brilliant, I always stop in my tracks to hear that one come down. Is this one of OJC presses you picked up?
It's a Sony Legacy/Columbia mono reissue. They did a bunch of them. Jazz Tracks, Milestones, Kind of Blue, Sketches of Spain, etc.

If you can find the Milestones mono reissue, I highly recommend it. It sounds incredible.

Back