Fresh Grabs

The order I made for the Target exclusive Kids See Ghosts was supposed to be here today.
This arrived with the same tracking number instead. I knew something was wrong when the package was not correctly sized...

BTS - Be [Deluxe Edition]
View attachment 90801

Thankfully, a (correct?) replacement is en route. I don't know what to do with this, with the return request telling me to keep it...
Listen to it?

The order I made for the Target exclusive Kids See Ghosts was supposed to be here today.
This arrived with the same tracking number instead. I knew something was wrong when the package was not correctly sized...

BTS - Be [Deluxe Edition]
View attachment 90801

Thankfully, a (correct?) replacement is en route. I don't know what to do with this, with the return request telling me to keep it...
Listen to it?

Can't say I'm interested.

Love me some Donny Hathaway and Joe! When you spin it Donny, would you mind letting us know how it sounds and who did the mastering?
I got the Donny a few weeks back. It’s generic in house mastering and I’d say it’s probably from digital as that compilation was only ever a CD previously. While it doesn’t sound as good as my Rhino Extensions of A Man, and likely won’t sound sound as good as the SC of Everything Is Everything that I have on back order, it actually sounds pretty ok all things considered and it’s a really good introduction to Donny as a complication.
What @Joe Mac said, basically.

Also, that SC of Everything Is Everything sounds awesome! You won’t be disappointed!

I know I'm not the first one to have issues like this with Amazon, but still. Someone actually ripped part of the shrink off to put a sticker directly on the cover, and in doing that put a huge bend/crease in the cover. What the hell? Amazon CS was pretty worthless too. I guess at least it came in a box with those bubble things. Guess I'll waste my time taking it somewhere to return.
04DF6105-55FD-4EDE-B4EC-F8A7AB0A9C5B.jpeg

Did get these today too. The Decemberists was from the dent sale, and it has the tiniest ding in the corner. Seems that happens way more often than it should, and they were noticing and setting those aside. That's how you do it.

Elliott Brood - Keeper
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Beastie Boys Check It book

F5EF993F-0B25-4D1D-B4A7-8D5509579B23.jpeg

Last edited:
I know I'm not the first one to have issues like this with Amazon, but still. Someone actually ripped part of the shrink off to put a sticker directly on the cover, and in doing that put a huge bend/crease in the cover. What the hell? Amazon CS was pretty worthless too. I guess at least it came in a box with those bubble things. Guess I'll waste my time taking it somewhere to return.
View attachment 91423

Did get these today too. The Decemberists was from the dent sale, and it has the tiniest ding in the corner. Seems that happens way more often than it should, and they were noticing and setting those aside. That's how you do it.

Elliott Brood - Keeper
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Beastie Boys Check It book

View attachment 91424
Is the Beastie Boys book new? Can't see it anywhere.

Is the Beastie Boys book new? Can't see it anywhere.
I'm not totally sure. There was a link for an eBay page that had it for around $6, and I knew a friend would love it so ordered one for myself too. I think Deep Discount had it cheap also. I'll try and take a look here in a few for the release date, need to get out of bed 😂

It's fun when a bunch of orders placed at different times all show up in the span of two days...

Bowie "Blackstar" (2015 RTI pressing)
The Doors S/T (Analogue Productions 2x45)
Matthew Sweet "100% Fun" (Intervention Records reissue)
KISS "Alive" (2014 reissue)
Kiwi Jr. "Cooler Returns" (2021 Sub Pop, limited Dinked edition)
Tom Petty "Full Moon Fever" (last record from my Loves Vinyl sub - pressing is really nice!, also came with a free copy of Beck's Odelay (not pictured), which is a double.... so PIF coming)
Scone Cash Players "The Mind Blower" (2021 Colemine edition)

IMG_1344.JPG

Back