Fresh Grabs

@uvwxVinyl shared an Amazon.de link that stated 'one remaining'. After he ordered that copy it did not say 'sold out' but still 'one remaining'. I took a shot and placed an order, just as he did. Since then it really was out of stock, I'm sorry.
Cheeky Europeans stealing all the good stuff. No worries I'll keep looking.

Cheeky Europeans stealing all the good stuff. No worries I'll keep looking.

I'll remember to tag you if I see something around here, good to keep an eye on the ASIN's also. I think Amazon EU pools their inventory together. I had first seen this one on .co.uk but then saw it was cheaper on .de

keep an eye out, maybe it will drop or come back in stock.

Packages galore and Casa Selaws!

Horace Tapscott With The Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra ‎– Live At I.U.C.C. (3LP Outernational Sounds, 2019 reissue)
Horace Tapscott Conducting The Pan-Afrikan Peoples Arkestra - The Call (Outernational Sounds, 2019 reissue)

Got a decent deal on these 2, and I have been meaning to pick them up for a while. I streamed 'The Call' loads a while back and have yet to listen to Live At The I.U.C.C so really looking forward to it.

Jazz ("New York Times" Essential Library) - Ben Ratliff

Thanks to @MattS for mentioning this book over in the Blue Note Thread a few weeks ago. I was able to get this cheap 2nd hand copy and jsut flicking through it, it looks fantastic. Im going to listen to an album a day at work and read the write up when I get home.

Jordan Rakei - Origin (2019 Indie 'Clear' Exclusive)
I saw Jordan Rakei perform a couple weekends ago at the 'Cross the Tracks' festival and me and my girlfriend were really impressed.

VMP box. Had a strange one with this as it says it was delivered on Saturday (It wasnt) but when I got home tonight it was at my doorstep. Picked up my last missing Classics (apart from John Lee Hooker) with credit. Also went for the Phoenix as my girlfriend really wanted it (shock as she rarely shows too much interest in records) and still have a handful of credits to get through!

Eddie Floyd - Knock On Wood
Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Gospel Train
OutKast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

When a friend says “My dad has a bunch of old records, do you guys want them?” And you blindly say YES!

Lots of cool classic rock in here, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Yes, Alice Cooper, Boston, Fleetwood Mac,etc. but also a couple classical boxes, Motzart and a few others. It’ll be fun going through these!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Speaker’s Corner press (sounds great)
nAMR5cb.jpg

y6e3Ucg.jpg

6ym554F.jpg

I found this copy for $40 on Acoustic Sounds last week. Cheapest I’ve ever seen a nice NM copy of this album go for, so I bought it. Well it landed today and I just threw it on and it sounds awesome, went back to grab the link and post it here for interested parties...and it’s gone. Must have been a limited supply because these go for $70-100 on the second hand market. I’ve been having some bad luck recently, so this is a nice change of pace.

20190618_181242.jpg

The Bowie picture disc arrives from Amazon UK. Since this is not one of my favorite Bowie albums, it will probably sit on the shelf as a cover for the records shelved behind it on the IKEA Expedit rack.

No need to explain the Blue Notes, probably. Ordered and got them domestically at great discount prices (slightly under $60 total).

Some bits in from Amazon France

FDD2485B-5D2B-4BC6-B162-9A8513411065.jpeg

F3E6CDC9-61DE-4947-86C0-E2A9A7D4EABA.jpeg

And I managed to grab these from Fopp/HMV’s vinyl week for my good friend @phramenma - hope these prices are all ok bud. No Clash or Siouxsie unfortunately but Verve and Funkadelic were the last ones so happy to have got them for you. I’ll tot it all up with shipping and let you know the total.

FCB76AF6-CED3-4A46-867F-896DF3C4D4D1.jpeg

760E5A1D-C305-41E5-A3BB-A4F13FD7346C.jpeg

78524EC2-28A8-4C3C-8929-E0402B8AAD4D.jpeg

Back