Fresh Grabs

Awesome! I love this album. I also have a Brazilian press but a 2017 reissue (...). I never saw any older press of this record in France or nowhere else. Congrats!
Shout out to Acme Records down the block. A lot of my best records came from there. Even that 2017 repress is tough to find here in the states!

Shout out to Acme Records down the block. A lot of my best records came from there. Even that 2017 repress is tough to find here in the states!

There is a Discogs seller who lives in Brazil and he frequently comes to Europe. So he offers the possibility to buy records from him and he ships the orders once he is in Europe. He had a lot of records in this Classicos em Vinil serie and I finally purchased Clube da Esquina. I know Mr Bongo, at least the UK shop, imports these records to Europe (don't know if these are available in the US shop).

I haven’t posted in here in a month and a half in an effort to reduce my purchases.

I failed 😂

Too many damn sales and I keep finding used stuff for way under market value. Good thing is that I finally made a dent in my sell pile to offset a lot of my new purchases. And lot of the stuff I was too lazy to list is on their way to new homes thanks to PIFsgiving!

Here’s some of what’s come in since last month. This isn’t everything as I’ve already cleaned and shelved a bunch and I’m not digging them out.

39493A08-081E-44FB-BE5B-AC785B049701.jpeg
Most recent first, RSD BF grabs. Haven’t been able to pull the trigger on an original (expensive) copy of the Dogg Pound, so I’m really glad they finally reissued it.

96DA11BB-2182-457A-8D0E-C65DC59A92D7.jpeg
Some more mid/late-90s to early-2000s rap reissues from one of uDiscover’s sales. For less than $12 each on average, I just can’t help myself.

5EF3D459-1434-42AA-8B25-9CD26272C609.jpeg
Same era, original pressings, nice & clean copies. All 4 of these albums are so underrated. Over shadowed by other albums in their respective artist’s catalogs, but I love so many songs on these albums.

BF605722-270E-490D-9803-DC6395A1D298.jpeg
A couple of original/vintage pressings of Al Green in great condition and a couple of gospel soul albums.

6786B0DE-B617-4B39-891E-3B75E68F01FF.jpeg
A couple of preorders that took a while to arrive. Still have to listen to the Meek. The Alfredo is still one of my faves from this year. Need to decide if I want to keep the VMP version or stick to the black press.

3BB86E23-8C5A-4F31-A87B-9790393DBE06.jpeg
Deodato is one of those albums that’s so cheap and common and easy to find but you never seem to find in great condition. Found this clean copy for a couple of bucks. I’m a sucker for jazz guitar, and the Luiz Bonfa is right up my alley.

5EA60E30-3961-4FBF-B3DA-C6F3229B32E6.jpeg
And finally, a mish-mosh of stuff. The Mary J & Cowboy Bebop were preorders. The Abbey Road I’ve been waiting to find the Euro version of the anniversary pressing for cheap as that seems to be the preferred version. But this US version was less than $12 in one of uDiscover’s sales, so what the hell. The Kaina was supposed to be a filler to reach the free shipping threshold from a seller on discogs. But the album I really wanted sold before the seller accepted my offer, and then they accepted my offer for Kaina. Probably a few bucks more than I would’ve paid for it otherwise, but I like this album so I guess it’s alright.

View attachment 78053
Couple of Rocktober grabs that just arrived in Cananada thanks to @MikeH by way of @craigdino. So stoked to get a copy of both of these but BIG thanks to @MikeH for the Janes especially because I don't think I would have managed a copy of this one otherwise...
Awesome! Glad they seem to have gotten there safe and sound!

It’s been awhile, thread purveyors.

I owe a debt of gratitude to @Skeletonframes for putting this in the pre-order thread many months back. Thanks for the heads up, friend. I hope that you got yourself copy.

The Lucksmiths: A Good Kind of Nervous
F8A60D43-BD3B-42A7-8A1F-B9D02A9C7950.jpeg

it turned up today, out of the blue, in glorious orange. It was a favourite way back when and I’m glad to have it back again.

It’s been awhile, thread purveyors.

I owe a debt of gratitude to @Skeletonframes for putting this in the pre-order thread many months back. Thanks for the heads up, friend. I hope that you got yourself copy.

The Lucksmiths: A Good Kind of Nervous
View attachment 78359

it turned up today, out of the blue, in glorious orange. It was a favourite way back when and I’m glad to have it back again.
Ahhhhh beautiful. I have not recieved mine, yet, but I ordered 2. One Orange one Black, because the Blue vinyl of Naturaliste didn't sound great, so I'm keeping whichever sounds better and giving the other to a friend. Glad you snagged a copy and here's hoping they release The Green Bicycle Case next!

Back