Fresh Grabs

I spent my morning in record stores. I went first at Balades Sonores at the opening, 10am. There were three people in line... It was quite sad to see this situation but in the other hand a lot of people pre-ordered online so it may explain why there were so few people. Anyway, I picked up my RSD exclusives from August and September, three other orders and added a few others. Next stop was at Gibert where I bought three JJazz records and Willie Colon's RSD exclusive. Finally, last stop at Superfly where I bought 5 otherd including a beautiful Portuguese record released in 1962 and still in shrink.

View attachment 67772
View attachment 67776
View attachment 67777
View attachment 67775
View attachment 67774
View attachment 67773

That Kawaida is such a good record!

Oh man, don't say that! I have been holding off on getting it, the last thing I need is more reasons to spend money on records :ROFLMAO:

This one and Gaston were two of ly must have on RSD lists this year. I am frankly surprise that nobody grabbed Gaston aside of me (btw I grabbed copy 51 out of 2500 pressed).

Last edited:
More J-Jazz on CD! Five Three Blind Mice reissues and 1 Days of Delight new release.

CMRS-0086 Shuko Mizuno, Toshiyuki Miyama & The New Herd Plus All-Star Guests ‎– Shuko Mizuno's "Jazz Orchestra '73" (TBM 1001) First time on CD (last vinyl reissue was in 1979)
CMRS-0087Masaru Imada Quartet ‎– Now!! (TBM 2)
CMRS-0088 Isao Suzuki Quartet + 1 ‎– All Right! (TBM 36)
CMRS-0089 Toya, Shigeko With The Imada, Masaru Trio ‎– Toya, Shigeko With The Imada, Masaru Trio (TBM 11) OOP since 2006
CMRS-0090 Hideto Kanai Quintet ‎– Concierto De Aranjuez (TBM 5012)
+
Hidefumi Toki & Kazuhiko Takeda - The Guitar Man

1601286274312.png

New arrival, second-hand records this time, for the end of the week.

Friday night I took one more look at one of my local shop's remaining August RSD drops and found a couple unexpected gems. I was pretty shocked to see a copy of Sun Ra and New Order available at Waterloo! Also pictured is a copy Yardbirds I secured for @HiFi Guy :). View attachment 68023
The Sun Ra box is a real treat! Its a fantastic set to have, with some great music (a good variety as well). I was surprised to see how affordable it was compared with a lot of other RSD items. I paid £69.99 for the 5lp box set (which has 2 previously unreleased LP's and a detailed booklet. I thought that was pretty good considering the crazy prices a lot of RSD items sell for.

Packages from the last 2 days...

Quake OST
Social Network OST
Blade Runner - re-recording - 2 LP was only 9 bucks.
Days Between Stations - Giants - ordered the vinyl - was sent this signed CD along with a note that the vinyl is delayed till January
Druids ‎– Spirit Compass 10"

I won't be able to listen to any of this until tomorrow.

20200929_120907 (2).jpg

Yeah...that's my shag carpet.

Packages from the last 2 days...

Quake OST
Social Network OST
Blade Runner - re-recording - 2 LP was only 9 bucks.
Days Between Stations - Giants - ordered the vinyl - was sent this signed CD along with a note that the vinyl is delayed till January
Druids ‎– Spirit Compass 10"

I won't be able to listen to any of this until tomorrow.

View attachment 68209

Yeah...that's my shag carpet.
I want to know how Quake sounds

Back