Fresh Grabs

image.jpg
More of filling holes in my collection rather than interesting new picks. Except for Witch which is somewhat new to me. Missed out on some like a $20 POTUS, the Wipers, and Black Star. Might get black star one day. Maybe I should get POTUS too, love for the 90s might outdo frequency of spins. Any 90s ppl...they also had Stabbing Westward! Crazy

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Nica / Nonvitche / Akon Kpin Kpan Ni Kpé Wé / Ya Mi Ton Gbo / Houe Djin We / Hue Djin Nada / Zoun Mi Bo / Gbe Me Ho / Koutome
Les Ambassadeurs du Motel de Bamako - Nagana
Idrissa Soumahoro - Petit Imprudent
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Sorry Bamba - Djelimango
Orchestre Black Santiago - Ori Lo Ni Se

Some real 7" gold here. Top of the shop is 9 from Poly-Rythmo (and a few more are on their way). According to Discogs I've just reached 200 different releases by them. Some of my most wanted here so I'm stoked for that. And then some other great singles from Mali, Benin, and even Sonny Rollins in an oddity from Japan.

20200930_175705.jpg

20200930_175649.jpg

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Nica / Nonvitche / Akon Kpin Kpan Ni Kpé Wé / Ya Mi Ton Gbo / Houe Djin We / Hue Djin Nada / Zoun Mi Bo / Gbe Me Ho / Koutome
Les Ambassadeurs du Motel de Bamako - Nagana
Idrissa Soumahoro - Petit Imprudent
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
Sorry Bamba - Djelimango
Orchestre Black Santiago - Ori Lo Ni Se

Some real 7" gold here. Top of the shop is 9 from Poly-Rythmo (and a few more are on their way). According to Discogs I've just reached 200 different releases by them. Some of my most wanted here so I'm stoked for that. And then some other great singles from Mali, Benin, and even Sonny Rollins in an oddity from Japan.

View attachment 68324

View attachment 68325

Nice haul! Which pressing of Sonny did you get?

I have a slight obsession with the Lighthouse Series, its a fantastic concept and I really dont understand why they are not more sought after, as the sessions are fantastic. I especially like the Double or Nothin' you picked up, fantastic session and a great story in the liner notes!

Yeah, i added some of the others to my want list and they're all pretty cheap. Seeing what Double or Nothin' goes for is quite surprising considering who's on it.

Yeah, i added some of the others to my want list and they're all pretty cheap. Seeing what Double or Nothin' goes for is quite surprising considering who's on it.
Exactly! They are such cheap heats in my opinion. I love the concept of having a core band with guests that have passed through Hermosa Beach. Music For Lighthousekeeping is another good one, with Sonny Clark taking the lead role.

Chasin’ Freshies
7BAD212E-6B48-4118-B9AE-BDC2A8769E76.jpeg
Blonde Redhead - Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemons
Thurston Moore - Trees Outside The Academy
Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy
I picked all of these up at my local record store over the weekend. I was gonna grab the new 20th anniversary version of ...Damaged Lemons but they had a used copy of the 2011 reissue that was pressed at RTI there for about half the price so I instead decided to go that route with the extra $ I decided to finally grab Excitable Boy too.

Last edited:
The new what now? The Wick Records thing or is it something else?

(There’s a new wick records thing?)

(There’s a new wick records thing?)
Oooooooh, that looks interesting.

(The "Wick Records Battle of the Bands" compilation coming out on the October RSD drop)

Back