Fresh Grabs

Listened to the CD remaster this afternoon..stunning ..might be the best remaster since Neil Young’s studio albums got redone
I’m on Housequake right now. I already have a couple of comments... 1. I’ve always thought Play in the Sunshine was a boring song. That just ended. 2. I’ve always thought the album had a very cold metallic sound, that is not true of the vinyl remaster (full disclosure, I’ve only heard it on CD before today). It is fuller and more intricate.... the space around instruments is present so it just doesn’t sound like a bunch of “noise” which has always been one of my criticisms of the album. I mean sure there is still a bunch of synths and drum machines on the album but its layers are revealed.

needless to say I’m impressed. Wish it was flat. Michell is doing its job though.

Received today...

IDLES - Ultra Mono
Numbered clear mono edition, limited to 5000. Got #13!
View attachment 67840

Snarky Puppy - Tell Your Friends
Red remixed/remastered, limited to 300, got #19
View attachment 67842
If your Ultra Mono PVC sleeve was as banjaxed as mine when it arrived, shoot Allotment Records an email. They said that a large number had this "manufacturing fault" and that they "will be replacing these covers with the number edition, but it may take us a few weeks to get the renewed cover out to you". If you send them a picture of your edition number in your email, they'll add it to their system and get a replacement out to you.

Last edited:
New this week:

IMG_0483.jpg
New Weeknd came in the mail - ordered it as part of the Target Buy 2 Get 1 free promo a while back - somehow worked on a bunch of pre-orders.

IMG_0484.jpg
A couple more nice soul 45s

IMG_0482.jpg
Woke up early today and lined up to try to get that Curren$y like everyone else, got there with about 12 people ahead of me at. Curren$y went quick, ended up with these 2 as a consolation prize instead. Wound up getting Pilot Talk through a swap on the RSD Help thread though, so can't wait to get that in!

IMG_0480.jpg
My local always has cheap reissues (especially Numero Group titles) - picked up this trio of Chicago joints for less than $40 total. Prices for original pressings make my eyes bleed, so more than happy to grab these reissues for cheap.

IMG_0485.jpg
Freebies! Numero Group sampler CD came in the bag with the RSD titles, looking forward to checking it out. They also had boxes of records for free (!) out on the curb, along with boxes of CDs, and record cases (both 7" & 12") next to the pick-up window for RSD. I probably should've grabbed a box of records, but decided to grab an LP record case instead since I've been looking for one of these anyways.

If you're Ultra Mono PVC sleeve was as banjaxed as mine when it arrived, shoot Allotment Records an email. They said that a large number had this "manufacturing fault" and that they "will be replacing these covers with the number edition, but it may take us a few weeks to get the renewed cover out to you". If you send them a picture of your edition number in your email, they'll add it to their system and get a replacement out to you.
Yeah, splits in 3 sides. I sent a message to Down Right, who sent me the order confirmation. Is that the right place?

EDIT: nevermind, I found a discogs comment with an email address.... thanks for the info!

Last edited:
I’m so tempted to grab one of these, but am also trying REALLY hard to stop acquiring so much vinyl,

well, I know you are trying to weed out records, but I don't need two of these. It was a somewhat expensive record but I wouldn't expect to get what I paid for it. The black vinyl copy has some corner bumps on the opening end although it's not terribly noticeable. There is also a 1/2" seam split on the top of the back gatefold sleeve and a ghost of a seam split beginning on the front top gatefold sleeve. I would have to go back and check the vinyl itself for any flaws as I only spun the red vinyl copy.

edit: so what I mean to say is that if you want a standard copy at a discounted price, let me know

well, I know you are trying to weed out records, but I don't need two of these. It was a somewhat expensive record but I wouldn't expect to get what I paid for it. The black vinyl copy has some corner bumps on the opening end although it's not terribly noticeable. There is also a 1/2" seam split on the top of the back gatefold sleeve and a ghost of a seam split beginning on the front top gatefold sleeve. I would have to go back and check the vinyl itself for any flaws as I only spun the red vinyl copy.

edit: so what I mean to say is that if you want a standard copy at a discounted price, let me know
Messaged you

RSD Pickups!

I did grab the Tegan And Sara, but it wasn't for me. It was for a friend and it's been shipped off to them. Wish it safe travels to Canada for me! My mom picked out the Ramones for me. She said "I think you would like this" the only condition was it was on embargo until Christmas.

I swear when I said I was going to be sensible for once and not go I got to spoil myself. Today was special. Plus I got a pat on thank you man and a pat on the back from the owner of the shop. My local shop means a lot to me so I am happy to help them when I can. The notebook is for notes on something for a youtube video haha.

IMG_0196.jpg

Very happy I got everything I mainly wanted for the September RSD drops! I’m spinning the Curren$y ‘Pilot Talk’ and it sounds great! Record is nice and flat too! 👍😄

0D578703-D344-4207-B359-DE400C2AB7A7.jpeg

I was going to grab the Bill Evans ‘Some Other Time’ release but am going to wait maybe a bit! Looks like a wonderful release, but I’m probably gonna have to let that one go!

A nice quick Record Store Day stopping by a couple spots.

Don Cherry - Cherry Jam
Boys Next Door - Door, Door
Bill Evans - Some Other Time
Dave Pike - Jazz For The Jet Set
Jay Bennett & Edward Burch - The Palace At 4am
Canned Heat and John Lee Hooker
I Saved Latin - Wes Anderson movie songs
Parish Hall - s/t
The Unrighteous Brothers - 7"

Grabbed a couple others I've been wanting while there.

Jackie McLean - It's Time
Bobby Hutcherson - The Kicker
Yo La Tengo - Electro-Pura

View attachment 67819View attachment 67820View attachment 67821
Amazing pickups! 😍😍😍

Back